Sure Babe, Just Go-A-Head & Park It Next To The Car

Gilbert

From Snopes:

"This picture actually captures the aftermath of an July 2005 accident

in Fort Smith, Arkansas, the result of a teenage driver who was

distracted by a cell phone and ran his Ford F-150 pickup truck off the road, sending the vehicle airborne and launching it into a garage, where it came to rest atop a Ferrari:

A Fort Smith family had their home remodeled, unintentionally, after a

pickup truck landed in their garage on top of a 2000 Ferrari.

The accident happened just before four Sunday evening on Jenny Lind

Road in Fianna Hills. According to the police report, the teenage

driver reached for a cell phone and ran off the road and became

airborne. He caused about two hundred thousand dollars worth of damage

to the garage, the Ferrari, a PT Cruiser as well as 2 motorcycles.

The speed limit is posted at 30 miles per hour, but the owner of the

damaged home as well as neighbors say there have been plenty of

problems in the past. It's been nonstop traffic for the neighborhood

with a steady stream of cars driving by to get a view of a flattened

Ferrari and devastated garage.

Owner Steve Marts wasn't home at the time of the accident, but

got the bad news over the phone. "I was just numb, just real numb,"

Marts said."

From Snopes:

"This picture actually captures the aftermath of an July 2005 accident in Fort Smith, Arkansas, the result of a teenage driver who was distracted by a cell phone and ran his Ford F-150 pickup truck off the road, sending the vehicle airborne and launching it into a garage, where it came to rest atop a Ferrari:

A Fort Smith family had their home remodeled, unintentionally, after a pickup truck landed in their garage on top of a 2000 Ferrari.

The accident happened just before four Sunday evening on Jenny Lind Road in Fianna Hills. According to the police report, the teenage driver reached for a cell phone and ran off the road and became airborne. He caused about two hundred thousand dollars worth of damage to the garage, the Ferrari, a PT Cruiser as well as 2 motorcycles.

The speed limit is posted at 30 miles per hour, but the owner of the damaged home as well as neighbors say there have been plenty of problems in the past. It's been nonstop traffic for the neighborhood with a steady stream of cars driving by to get a view of a flattened Ferrari and devastated garage.

Owner Steve Marts wasn't home at the time of the accident, but got the bad news over the phone. "I was just numb, just real numb," Marts said."

You forgot to include this notation by Snopes from the bottom of the article. I think based on this, the school's still out on how it really happened:

Quote from Snopes:

"We have no idea of their authenticity, but the Funtoosh web site offers a "Top 10" collection of photographs of vehicular mishaps purportedly involving female drivers."

You forgot to include this notation by Snopes from the bottom of the article. I think based on this, the school's still out on how it really happened:

Quote from Snopes:

"We have no idea of their authenticity, but the Funtoosh web site offers a "Top 10" collection of photographs of vehicular mishaps purportedly involving female drivers."

You Ferrari-hit-the-truck guys are a stubborn bunch. In the quote above they are only saying that they can't vouch for the "Top 10" funny pics on the Funtoosh link "purportedly involving female drivers."

post-17394-13819311636808_thumb.gif

Claim: Photograph shows a crashed pickup truck perched atop a sports car in a garage.

Example: [Collected via e-mail, 2006]

-----------------------------------------------------

That's it from Snopes.com.

This is the inaccurate description they refer to:

Just an accident ... Sorry!!

"To my darling husband

Before you return from your overseas trip I just want to let you know

about the small accident I had with the pick up truck when I turned

into the driveway. Fortunately not to bad and I really didn't get hurt,

I am ok. Your Motorcycle is ok too, so please don't worry too much.

I was coming home from Wal-Mart, and when I turned into the driveway I

accidentally pushed down on the accelerator instead of the brake. The

garage door is slightly bent but the pick up fortunately came to a halt

when it bumped into your car.

I am really sorry but I know with your kind hearted personality you

will in your heart find room to forgive me. You know how much I love

you and care for you my sweetheart.

I cannot wait to hold you in my arms and make mad passionate love to you again and again.

Your loving wife.

XXXOOO

PS the neighbor took a picture of the crash, and insisted I include it."

Quote from Snopes:

You Ferrari-hit-the-truck guys are a stubborn bunch. In the quote above they are only saying that they can't vouch for the "Top 10" funny pics on the Funtoosh link "purportedly involving female drivers."

BTW: That horse you're beating in your picture should be nice and tender by dinnertime. [;)]

This is no longer a matter of who is right: the Ferrari or F150 crowd:

Regardless of who is right...the article and photo themselves are suspect as claimed by Snopes:

"We have no idea of their authenticity,....." including the photo & story we are discussing.

I think the actual story of the teenager with a cell phone is funnier than the contrived story about the wife stepping on the wrong pedal.

Good point! An VERY believeable, too! I see it nearly every day on the freeway.