Excellent Stereophile review of La Scalas!!!!

Colin

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Cant believe that I am the first to post this I normally get notice of a good Stereophile article days before I receive my hard copy. But the latest issue arriving in late October 2006 has an excellent review of the La Scalas. Klipsch must finally be advertising enough.

You are right Duke. I asked my wife to go to Borders and pick up that issue. She says she couldn't find it and got me a two years subscription.

They are fun to read but I find that a lot of those articles have such a subjective description that I can't tell whether they really liked it or not.

From that review, it's more like "Hey, this is PWK's Heritage line still in Existence.....'Neato'".

I will look forward to my upcoming 24 magazines.

jc

I received my stereophile yesterday 10/23

I was shocked to see Klipsch LaScala II reviewed in this magazine

I am just sorry I did not post this last night and beat everyone to the punch

yes the review is wordy and not technical but a good review is still a good review

sounds like a few others in the article will be getting some LaScala II's soon

now on to convince my wife that they are not that big and ugly and expensive

Duke et al,

Stererophile actually publishes some of the most comprehensive measurements on loudspeakers done today as part of their formal review process. In fact, they are frequently criticized for being overly technical in their reviews. For example, Here is a review of the Vendersteen Audio Quatro speaker with a full set of accompanying measurements.

The columns written by Sam Tellig and Art Dudley are more of a "listening impressions" area than a formal review. Sam and Art simply listen to speakers or amps or CD players or turntables or whatever, and report on what they hear. Sam, in particular, tends to include a detailed analysis of what the manufacturer's rep offered him in the way of libations during the setup process, a detailed discussion of the countryside surrounding the plant in which the product was manufactured, a discussion of what his wife Marina and the host's wife spoke about during any visits and whether Roy Hall will attempt a knock off of the product.

[:D]

All of this makes him either very endearing or insufferable, depending upon what floats your boat.

Ray Garrison, long time Sam Gillet fan. Who also misses Corey Greenberg, who once summed up a Stereophile review of a pair of speakers by saying (and I am not making this up) "...these are, without a doubt, the *WORST* sounding speakers I have *EVER* heard. Out, vile transducers!"

Ya know, I wish Jacksonbart would not write things like that. I do post articles for educational value and not to rob any publisher of coin. So let this be an encouragement to all of you to subscribe to Stereophile.

Actually I received an invitation to subscribe for $11 per year a few weeks ago, and sent in a check. As people point out, articles therein vary from chalk to cheese; and what any reader's chalk and cheese may be will vary.

Well I think it is a favorable review of the the LSII. What is a little bit of a surprise is that he says similar good things about the Italian installation of regular old LS. I know LS fans would agree.

Gee, this could drive buyers to go for old, used, LS rather than LSII. Dang. Now I'm going to be in trouble with Fred too. But it is Sam and his Italian friend who created that problem, if not PWK.

Gil

I found the review poorly written.....Meandering all over the place & not keeping on to the speaker subject (La Scala) Heck the people here on the Forum could do a better job than that. I would of liked to have seen some testing results. To confirm what he heard.

Regardless of how it is written, it is nice to see Klipsch getting some good pub on the Heritage. After years of being treated (undeservedly) like a readheaded stepchild by the audio press, I see this as welcome.

And did someone upthread mention Julian Hirsch? Mr. "all amplifiers sound the same" Julian? THAT GUY? He singlehandedly caused me to quit reading audio reviews, his late 80's Forte review notwithstanding. Hey, a stopped clock is right twice a day......