A good Bose Product

shane_0_mac

I actually bought something from Bose the other day (dont flog me guys haha)

I was flying back from Vegas and at the airport they were selling the Bose Headphones. I purchased the quit comfort 2 headphones and they are really nice. I was sitting on the back of an MD-83 right buy the engine and I used these headphones to watch a movie on notebook PC and the movie was crystal clear.

I would recomend these to anyone, but I will NOT be purchasing any Bose speakers!

Just FYI for everyone

Bose is actually good, and that is the problem.. Just not great!

If "you need great" you will overlook the marketing hype of BOSE and get serious with what you like and enjoy. I seriously doubt to the nth degree a new 7.1 system at any level in Bose could match 7 scalas and 2 thx subs..

The thing is... since I bought some of mine new and some used.. I probably STILL saved money, and have a system that BLOWS Bose away. But not everyone has room for 7 scalas and 2 thx subs.. I understand that too. Gotta love marketing!

I think Klipsch should make some headphones like those.

Would be a little bit hard to load the Khorns up on the plane, hard to get em thru security and all...

Could take a pair of Heresy's, put a pillow around the front of them with a hole cut out for the ears... people sitting next you might not like it...[;)]

Paul

people sitting next you might not like it...[;)]

You could always use the built in Speaker Reverser feature and point said speakers outward to each person sitting next to you while you tell them to kiss your...

Well, you get the idea

[:#]

You could always use the built in Speaker Reverser feature and point said speakers outward to each person sitting next to you while you tell them to kiss your...

Well, you get the idea..

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? FREEBIRD!!!!!!!!! If I leave here tomorrow.. hahahahahahaha

Better idea: Forget the "noise canceling" headphones, 'cause they're still an emerging technology. (Translation: They don't work as good as the ad copy says they do.)

Last I heard, noise-cancelling headphones actually achieve about 10 db of noise reduction. You can do that with a good pair of ordinary headphones--as long as they're the closed-back (sealed) kind. You can double the isolation with in-ear-canal headphones--about 20 db.

I couldn't find any specs on the Bose units. Typical.

Buy a good pair of isolating headphones, drive 'em with a Headroom headphone amp--your choice, they make several. I'm going for the Micro, as I expect to travel with it as well as use it at home.

Pilot's headsets with active noise reduction have been around for quite a while now so the technology is fairly mature, particularly where the noise spectrum of aircraft is concerned. Most pilots I know either have them or want them. A friend of mine has owned a Bose ANR headset for a few years. It is well made, comfortable, and performs well. At $1000, it is also roughly twice as expensive as other well made, comfortable, well performing headsets.

Dave H

Watch out as buying Bose products causes the elitists here to have seizures! [:P]

I have seizures when I read to many Bose attackers,they have insecurity issues. By now the whole Klipsch membership should know B0se is not real competition for Klipsch speakers/subs. N'est ce pas?

If you are happy with these then it is a good buy.

noise cancelling = 10 db around the 1000-3000 hertz range (vocal)

in ear etymotic = 30 db average across the 20-20000 range

300 dollars bose

199 etymotic

hmmm

not having to cram earbuds in your ear and having one fall or get pulled out...........priceless.

I have QC II as well. I like them cuz I do.

if it falls out..... you put it in wrong and will not sound good

I actually bought something from Bose the other day (dont flog me guys haha)

I was flying back from Vegas and at the airport they were selling the Bose Headphones. I purchased the quit comfort 2 headphones and they are really nice. I was sitting on the back of an MD-83 right buy the engine and I used these headphones to watch a movie on notebook PC and the movie was crystal clear.

I would recomend these to anyone, but I will NOT be purchasing any Bose speakers!

Just FYI for everyone

Glad you enjoy them.

This is an interesting story. I read on the internet (read: May not be true) that Bose landed a big government contract for headphones for military aircraft. They built the headphones using a non-standard jack which caused a bunch of additional costs. Eventually, because of failures, the contract was cancelled and Bose was forced to sell off the headphones to civilian outlets (they had tooled up for them). The first time that I flew in our company's helicopter, I used the Bose headphones in it. Thought it was kind of funny but they did work.