Heresy Speakers and Ebay

DrFish96

Well, My 1976 Heresy Decoraters did not sell one Ebay. I myself, think that a high bid of 269.00 is an insult. I know I know pickup only does not help but !!! Well anyway I am thinking about selling off all of the parts. I know what most of the parts go for except the pie slice badges.

What do you guys think I should ask for them?

First speaker of speakers-second of badge

Thanks

Drfish

post-8361-13819314019578_thumb.jpg

$350-$400 as is.- PLEEEAAAZE don't strip them down! I hate when people do that!

Stick to the pickup only as they are difficult to ship. Post here with more photos, and list where you are located. Many times if the seller is motivated, he will offer to take on part of the road trip.

M

Fish,

No,no,no,no,no.... don't dismember them, they don't deserve that kind of death. If you want to sell them put a price on them and maybe someone on the forum will pick them up. Likewise re post them on Ebay and put a starting price of what you will take for them. These are too nice to chop up for the parts world.

I doubt if I could ever sell the ones I've refurbished to recoup my original cost plus shipping plus veneer, materials new caps and labor, but at least they didn't go to the dumpster. The enjoyment I get from taking an old beat up pair of speakers and turning them into something nice to look at and listen to is a lot cheaper than the cost of an hours time on the shrink's couch.

I dont want to part them out either but I think I got a little pissed that the high bid was 269.00.

Now, what do I think they are worth. Well here is what I think the parts are worth more or less.

Woofers 100 pr.

Horns and mids 100 pr

tweeters 100 pr.

crossovers 75-100 ( paid 75 to rebuild)

Badges ( not sure this is where this started )

This is guessing since some of this stuff could go for more or less.

$450.00 is what I think they are worth. I put alot of hard work into them and that is what I think.

I live in Southern California.

Drfish

I agree, $269 is a disappointment. Good thing you had a reserve set. Guess it's not a good time for Heresy's. Browsing the completed Heresy auctions, don't know if I've ever seen so many on Ebay and there were a half dozen or more that never cracked $300 in bidding.

There you go. I think that is a fair price for the assembled refurbished cabinets. I paid BSbutton $400 for the decorators he reveneered in walnut, and I had to do all the final edge painting, finish coats, and final assembly. So that's about what I'd ask for mine, maybe $500 but they are new walnut now.

SO, somebody in So Cal. - Ante up and take these purty babies home, will ya? Spare a pair of well loved Heresies the 'dumpster death' and dismemberment.

Do it for Paul, will ya?

Michael

Well you could always just listen to them and get to admire your own handiwork while doing it.

Or better yet, find someone in your extended family whose really into

music but has no system, or a crap one, and make their holiday

something very sweet indeed. The smile on their face will come

back to you from time to time and provide you more pleasure throughout

the coming years than using the dough to pay some bills, buy something

you probably don't need, or simply whittle away on this and that.

I've given away two sweet Klipsch systems to a neice and a

nephew. I'm always borderline broke and could have at least

doubled my investment by selling them.

Don't regret it for a second.

In Denver the going rate seems to be from $350 to $450. Not to speak for you but personally I rather sell them for a bit under market value than part them out. At least I would know they are in a home where they were being apprecieated. BTW they are great looking speakers.

cubdog

DrFish, these are very pretty! Don't think $270 on EBay is an insult - it is the result of what the market for pickup only is at this time. You run it a week later, and you might find two buyers who bid it up to $600. Gary had his beautiful Zebrawood decorator Heresys for a while before a buyer fell under the sirens' song. It boils down to how long you want to wait to get your price.

A couple people mentioned the "do good" route. Sometimes the satisfaction of having a friend's kid have a great set of speakers for a good price is worth a few bills less in the pocket. Good young owners keep Klipsch alive.[;)]

I wish there were more of these around these parts of Canada. The last time I saw a great deal on a pair of WO Heresy was for C$400 and wanted them. But this was about a week after buying Klipschorns; there no way this was even to be brought up as a possibility at home!