My Top 10 List of Speakers

edwinr

I'll Let Klipsch do the talking here:

Because of its relatively "compact" size, this model offers the greatest degree of placement flexibility in the Heritage Series line.

Features

A three-way design using horn-loaded Titanium diaphragm midrange and high frequency compression drivers.

Direct-radiating 12-inch woofer for powerful low frequencies.

99 dB sensitivity delivers Smooth, dynamic and low distortion sound

Compact form factor permits a wide range of placement flexibility

Available in a high-quality Cherry, Walnut or Black Ash wood veneer finish

What can I say? For many this speaker should have a permanent top 10 spot. The recent upgrades have dragged this icon kicking and screaming into the 21st century...

here here manlaw heresy 3 are in the top 10.

Definitive technology hasn't had a mention yet. The BP7000SC combines a built-in 14" SuperCube subwoofer driven by an 1800-watt class D amplifier, two pressure-driven 14" infrasonic radiators and bipolar dual DAppolito front and rear mounted driver arrays each consisting of two high-definition cast-basket 6-1/2" Definitive bass/midrange drivers surrounding a 1" annealed pure aluminum dome Definitive tweeter...

post-15368-138193144713_thumb.jpg

have you heard that speaker ..??

i was always curious about them .....

I own one pair that was my fathers and I am in the process of restoring another pair that I bought about a month ago.

They are an amazing clumination of ARs engineering over the 20 plus "golden years" that the company operated.

They are very subuded in the dynamics (except for the low end) when compared to my Chorus 2 or Forte 2 but still have an amazing true to live sound reproduction.

During trade shows AR used to have live musicians (usually a quartet) perform then play said recording through their speakers for evaluation.

Both Klipsch and AR strived for reproduciton of live sound (without EQing), something which I think most speaker designers "don't get" these days.

Here is a Boston Acoustic model shot from below. Nice tweeters covered under the acoustic fabric, think the model name is Lisa.

How dare you hijack this thread! Your punishment is to look longingly at this glitch until you feel you can atone for your misdemeanour...

Or you could gaze longingly at this tasty creation in red - the Escalante Design Fremont 2 way monitor. At 28.5 inches tall, 14 inches wide and 18 inches deep and weighing 100 lbs each, you may have trouble finding a shelf that will take the weight. When perched on their custom stands, each speaker is 45 inches tall! The manufacturer rates these speakers as full range (18hz to 50 khz). They are also available in a variety of very high quality finishes...

post-15368-1381931448837_thumb.jpg

I like this pic - Bolzano Villetri is an Italian speaker company, and the 3003s are floor-standers in their 3000 Campanile series, which also includes the larger 3005 Torre floor-standers, the smaller 3002 Duomo floor-standers, the BV Center Channel, and BV Subwoofer...

post-15368-1381931448889_thumb.jpg

Hmmmm.

This is Edwin's Wife, I'm begining to worry about him (especially cause I am warm and real and WAY nicer to look at than these 'speakers' yet he would prefer to sit here and stare at them!) I think Daddy needs to close his windows after he finishes posting too, little Will (age 7) keeps walking in and screaming with laughter cause "That lady's undies are toooo small, they are going right up her crack!"

You know what else, I calculated that Edwin spends way more time here posting about speakers than he does ACTUALLY listening to his.

Hopefully he wont get back from buying milk and edit this before anyone reads it.

OMG I feel so naughty, sneaking into his Klipsch forum world tee heee heee.

Welcome to the forum Mrs. Edwin

Yes - you are very naughty.

The good news is that Ed is just going through a phase with regards to the time he spends on-line talking and posting about audio as opposed to actually listening to his own system.

It will pass - but it may take a year or so.

Just be patient with him - there are worse hobbies to have.

Other than that - just thank god my wife has no idea how to post on a forum - who knows what she would say.....