My Top 10 List of Speakers

edwinr

What is scary is, what do we come to this thread for....speakers or to see of there is a glitch?

It's all about the Glitches Phil...................Who cares about speakers you can't afford????

I dont know about scary - but its really sad that I view this thread for the damn speakers.

Oh to have a life outside of audio.....

MAX............When I say something like that, I'm only referring to ME and no one else....I have stated till I'm blue in the face..............I am not as committed as many are here, to the Audio Hobby.....................It's the Music that matters to me, the magic, and talent it takes to do such a thing....................My comments are not directed at anyone, just talkin' out loud in type form...............I mean no disrespect...and the fact remains that most of these Exotic Speakers I flat out can't AFFORD........doesn't mean others can't enjoy, and maybe they are in their realm of wealth.....................Please understand, I think you do..........

No problem at all OB - I didnt take it as any kind of insult - merely commented on my own sitiuation. I spend way to much time on the whole shebang. I like to think it is about the music - but in reality I get almost as much of a kick out of the hardware....even to the point of looking at speakers rather than girls.

To wit : My reading library has about 200 copies of stereophile and TAS and not a single Playboy or equivalent. My testosterone must be almost zero.

Definitive technology hasn't had a mention yet. The BP7000SC combines a built-in 14" SuperCube subwoofer driven by an 1800-watt class D amplifier, two pressure-driven 14" infrasonic radiators and bipolar dual DAppolito front and rear mounted driver arrays each consisting of two high-definition cast-basket 6-1/2" Definitive bass/midrange drivers surrounding a 1" annealed pure aluminum dome Definitive tweeter...

I had 7001's in my house for a while.I got em new for less than1/2 price (the cherry version).I really wanted to like em',the deal was killer,they look so nice and were hyped way up.I was gonna put em' where I had some klf 20's,the 20's w/sub sounded better in a side by side so I let em' go with no regret.I had some 2000tl's back a few years and they were better to my ears,it was a tougher decision not to keep them.

Here is a Boston Acoustic model shot from below. Nice tweeters covered under the acoustic fabric, think the model name is Lisa.

How dare you hijack this thread! Your punishment is to look longingly at this glitch until you feel you can atone for your misdemeanour...

I had that model back in college, performed really well, but would shut up between sessions. I prefer the pictures of the speakers where the acoustic fabric is push out if the way and you can see the drivers. Oh Mommy.

Back to business. For those that can only dream of some of the more expensive speakers systems previously listed, KEF's least expensive line, the iQ series, includes five two-channel models starting at $300/pair. (There are also iQ center and surround models.) The top of the line, the iQ9, a floorstander retails for $1200/pair. All Q speakers feature KEF's unusual Uni-Q coincident-driver array: a ¾" aluminum-dome tweeter placed at the center of a midrange cone and a 6.5" titanium-coated polypropylene-cone midrange unit to cover the 280Hz2.8kHz range and two 6.5" low-frequency drivers, each in its own housing with its own front-loaded port, to minimize crosstalk...

post-15368-1381931450444_thumb.jpg

A more budget oreintated top 10 might include the MG1.6QR which stands 65 inches high, 19 inches wide and 2 inches deep. It has a flat mylar midrange/bass panel with a quasi-ribbon crossing over at 500hz. While it doesn't look much, for $1725 a pair this speaker is good buying...

post-15368-1381931450464_thumb.jpg

These would be a good buy as well - Klipsch say...

A master in performance, the Reference Series RF-63 floorstander offers an exceptional combination of sound and style. With its high-end materials and slender design, this speaker is an absolute must for getting the most out of your favorite music and movies.

Features

Triple high-output Cerametallic woofers deliver intense bass response with astonishing speed and accuracy

Ultra-high-performance floorstanding speakers

Professional-grade titanium dome compression driver for unmatched detail and dynamics

Furniture-grade wood veneer finish

post-15368-1381931450486_thumb.jpg