Happy Birthday Michael

colterphoto1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR REAL TODAY!

It was November 7, 2005 when we exchanged La Scalas for cash and a bunch of old Advents in the parking lot of a truck Stop in Fort Wayne, IN.

While sharing lunch, you didn't tell me then that it was two days before your birthday, but I didn't tell you it was five days before mine. You were brave to try the meatloaf special.

Another year has passed one day at time.

Yes Neil, I remember that meeting and you playing 'Take Five' from your laptop into the stacked LS outside the truck stop! LOL It was amazing how loud they were with the milliwatts from the computer.

We really didin't exchange birthday info on that meeting, wow? I guess I usually try to downplay the bday thing. Without a S.O. to celebrate with, holidays kinda lose meaning. I'll take the time to wish you an early birthday- but please post it on the 12th as well so all can join in.

I do fondly remember snagging the 4 LSI from Thumplestilktskin- taking off without his real address, invoking the emergency Forum phone network to get it for me. It was a wonderful drive from Indy to Center Point Ohio (the very southern tip, down my W. VA) in the pickup with my little brother (the good one), and how scenic the autumn foliage was during those two trips. Good times. But then most days when I'm visiting a Forum brother and trading Klipsch are good days. There were an awful lot of them in the past year or two.

Michael

Michael-

On 11/7 it was 2 days to yours (11/9) and 5 days to mine (11/12).

Does the photo of you with the Diet Rock Star attached to the above post display for you? All I see is the ubiquitous red X, but I can click on the attachment and see the photo.

EDIT 11/9 @ 17:34 EST:

I changed the file name and reattached the photo above so now it works.

That emergency Forum network worked quite well that day you went to collect the La Scalas. As I recall Bob Crites, Sputnik and others mobilized quickly to get Thumpelstiltskin's address and phone number. When I finally spoke with Mrs. T to ask if you'd made contact, she asked, "Is he the curly headed one standing in the driveway?"

I knew then that you'd arrived.

The curly-headed one, has, as you say, 'arrived'.

Yes very much so.

I can't recall how I left without the directions or Rick's phone number, but think I called Indy, who posted, and then you guys came to the rescue. Otherwise I'd probably still be driving around Southern Ohio!

I don't see the 'Rockstar' image but remember seeing it before. Btw, I've gone right off the stuff- with a personality like mine, too much caffiene is a very dangerous thing. Diet Mountain Dew is the DOC these days.

Yea, that's it, I was just waiting until today to wish you a Happy Birthday. I wish my wife would give me a two day warning shot like this for our anniversary.

Happy Birthday.

Hint: the date is probably printed on your wedding album. I always have it embossed and point it out to the guys. So at least you know where it's written down! lol

So your Forte IIs are Oiled Oak also? At first I thought they looked too dark, but the color is really growing on me. I like them much, much better than the light oak KLF30s that my best friend just bought. (The color that is, the KLF30s certainly blow the Fortes out of the water as far as sensitivity, but there's something about the Fortes that edges out the KLFs just a wee bit.)