Designed active and passive networks for the Holy Grail: Home Jubilees

Stepped
up enough (or ignored) the corporate heiracrchy to do "one offs" and
put them in the hands of anybody who has the price (therabouts) of a
new K-horn. Wouldn't be suprised at all if a set of brass and a
certain amount of calling-in-of-insider-favors wasn't employed in
bringing to bring these to the lustfull (and soon the masses). I
suspect the word "bullshit" was employed at certain strategic
moments. Very usefull corporate motto by the way.

There
is a reason why Marconi and Einstein never got together. Would
have loved to see a paper co-written by Newton and Edison.

Roy and Al, sorta like that 50's tv show, Mack and MIre.

The
diplomate in me says find some common ground. Hmmm. Roy
Fishes. Al lvies in Salisbury, Md hard by the Delaware Eastern
Shore, probably dipped a line or two.

I'm thinking a "Fishin Summit".

Should work.

As a fisherman and a professional liar, I'm offering my good name as a judge and an adjuticator.

It's Spring in Latin America right now and the fish are biting. Are you?

Tom, good to see you here again. Hope it's more than a personal pissin match kind of a thing.

Have
you ever checked out the author Patrick Obrien? Historical
fiction, but one of the few in that genre I would recommend. Wrote
several of them using a quill pen. As every professor of the "Age
of Sail" knows he coulda taught a course. Certainly knew more about the
subject matter than probably all of them.

Could use a fellow laborer around here.

Thebes----I've read a few of the O'Brien books, pretty good, kind of Horatio Hornblower but more sophisticated.

I like the Rifleman Sharpe books too though as literature they don't match O'Brien.

Since retiring from the Boilermakers I've been working some as a construction safety consultant. It's a novel thing to have a safety man who actually knows the work. ;-)

Thebes, love the dude. Tonight it's going to be could enough to freeze the brass balls off a monkey.

Tom, going to an estate sale tomorrow that has a ten piece Heywood Wakefield DR/BR set, and four or five Brother Mel artworks/sculptures my wife loves so dearly. We have a couple Naugabeast resellers in the area, so you could color coordinate everything. Almost picked up a Griesedieck Bros beer cooler today, but didn't have enough scratch after picking up a HK 930 and a set of Fortes.

Thebes----I've read a few of the O'Brien books, pretty good, kind of Horatio Hornblower but more sophisticated.

I like the Rifleman Sharpe books too though as literature they don't match O'Brien.

Since retiring from the Boilermakers I've been working some as a

construction safety consultant. It's a novel thing to have a safety man

who actually knows the work. ;-)

Sharpe is great! Very nuanced in line tactics etc. etc. Huge fan.

Safety. Sort of a lost art. Locally, the

subway (metro) has had three fatal accidents in less than a year.

***** of it is, it's a union shop on rail, scab on burban bus lnes.

White collar will never realize how physically dangerous so many jobs

are. Under $10 bucks an hour they jsut bury you, above that they

sue.

O'Brien certainly has the detail down. Great books. I (at the risk of offending once again) enjoy his books for their accurate Catholic portrayals (rep Vatican II of course. [;)] He doesn't force it on you but it is there.

I must say , it was Al's posts which drew me to the forum .

A year and a half ago I purchased my first pair of Belles for my 40th BDay . At the time I had not heard them in almost 20 years . So after I bought them and arranged their frieghting I started to do some research on them . Most responces to Klipsch Belles led to Al . This is how I found out about this forum as well .

I am not familiar with the thread that started this bad blood but I must say I have much respect for Al , Dean and Bob for their efforts . Purists will say that whatever PWK did is gospel and then forget that Klipsch's crossovers have changed throughout the years . "AB networks anyone ?" I see nothing wrong with private individuals spending their time and money to improve the quality of our HiFi experience .

That said , I can't condone any dissrespect to Roy . I feel Roy is the most experienced and knowledgable member of this forum . Heck , Amy should lite all of his bars up on sheer principal ! In retrospect , and I am guilty of this as well , our passions will sometimes get the best of us .

I wish Al all the best and someday soon his Klapperhorns will reside in my Belles .

PM, pretty cool looking. I have heard

they are collectible(and your Eero Sarrinen would top the list,) but

what price tag would you hang on the set up here?

The real scary thing is I have two of the Lane Acclaim line coffee tables just behind the stereo.

I let a set pass me for $150. Dumb! There's a set I'm aware of that are available for $400, but no takers.

The set pictured cost the guy barely $50 off Craigslist (before the sharks moved in).

Eero Sarrinen, yep. [H]

Sorry to be late to this gab fest.

I have not, intentionally, read the stuff that got all this going. But I do have some comments.

First of all - don't know Roy, so won't comment.

Al and John Warren have been two of the best technical user sources I have used in my own projects over the years. I noted that another of my trusted resources - DeanG - referenced their rather interesting 'relationship'.

Trey helped me out of a jam several years ago on trying to match heresy woofs on my home brew center channel. He remains a trusted source and I like that he is trying to bring a bit of Arkansas class to the Indy folks.

All said - good folks that can be quite a bit bull headed and any of the voices are missed.

Lastly - Tom B, great furniture and welcome back. Thebes my man - like that taking over a thread for simple reading pleasure. Sheltie Dave - Enjoy the excursion today, I still have about 150 feet of downhill driveway to chop up the ice on.

• Moderators

Trey helped me out of a jam several years ago on trying to match heresy woofs on my home brew center channel. He remains a trusted source and I like that he is trying to bring a bit of Arkansas class to the Indy folks.

Are you insinuating that Indy folks don't have class?

[;)]

The most famous Arkansasan (in the long run) is Patrick Cleburne. The most famous Hoosier is John Dillinger.

If it weren't for Lincoln and Grant the most famous Illinoisan would be Al Capone.

I reckon the most famous man from my new home, Kentucky, is Henry Clay, famous for stabbing Andy "By the Eternal" Jackson in the back in the election of 18and24. As Jackson lay dying he said there were two things he regretted not having done: hanging John Calhoun and horsewhipping Henry Clay.

Are you insinuating that Indy folks don't have class?

[;)]

I think he means that 'good ole boys', or 'plain folks' appeal (certainly no disrespect intended- I use this approach while wearing a tuxedo at very classy weddings). Let's face it, people know and trust honesty.

Trey is a trusted friend to many Forum members and has helped me personally in many ways.

Michael

Sheltie....You didnt make any comments about my 50s Glen of California & Founders Rosewood cabinets. You only left drool marks on the floor.....Snap up those Bro Mel artifax...When he passes on they will double in price......I have a couple original of Siegfred Reinharts I didnt show you...When he passed on the prices soured.....In aviation art ,,,I just had a Paul Schlueter appraised (original) I almost swallowed my toungue....Our locals (designers & artests) seem to be in demand....It takes a Rosewood Klipschorn to draw good prices. Later on, some Xover designers efferts will be in demand...But Accuphase Has designed a electric crossover, Extream slope, that surpasses anything Alk has done... Accuphase DF-45....6db , 12db, 18db, 24db, 48db, 96db It doesnt matter how good you are some young turk comes along & does you better. Thats life.