Colterphoto1 in Nawlins...

IndyKlipschFan

RIGHT THIS MINUTE Christy and Eldon are listening to the HK930 that ArfNBark GAVE them through the CWIII's from Klipsch. They are smiling like new lovers. It's been a very busy day and I set up Chicago's 'Hard Habit to Break' with the Loudness on, bass -3, treble +2 and it's just RIPPING out of the speakers. Eldon looks like a little kid- went for the sub to turn it down and discovered that it wasn't on at all!

You've made these two very loving people extremely happy. More later, I'm going to go run DJ for a while and let them enjoy their new FREE 2 channel system.

Michael

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liked the toe in job, ala Woodog...LMAO.

seriously, I turned them less than 1/2" at a time until it was right. Johnny just took a pic of Eldon and I with eyes closed kicked back waiting for Eric Clapton's band to appear before us during 'After Midnight' live. Christy broke out in tears and now all three Dtel 'brides' are dancing around the room like high school girls.

THIS SYSTEM ROCKS!!! Eldon says it sounds just like the 70's only better.

Michael

• Moderators

Colterphoto,

The 930 should be plug and play. I ran it for a couple hours before I boxed it up.

All lights work, no scratch in the controls. I sent some extra 3 amp fuses for it just in case. Those little filaments don't take shipping well sometimes. You replace them in the back of the unit instead of opening it up as it is with your 730.

Just give it the standard vintage H/K operating proceedure (power on, then power to speakers, power off speakers, power off receiver) and all should be fine.

I've never ran it higher than eleven, eleven thirty on the volume pot so keep your ears open for distortion if it's turned up further than that.

Let's consider the shipping cost a reaffirmation of vows gift.... As a matter of fact, let's consider the receiver itself a reaffirmation of vows gift.... I've had it in the back of my mind that's what I was going to do all along.

Have a good time with the Dtels and remember it's nose to the grindstone starting the 12th.

Don't be calling in on your first day with some lame "I'm locked in a barn in Mississippi" story.[;)]

Michael and I hooked everything up. I stepped back to listen and started towards the sub woofer to turn it off and realized it wasn't on and it wasn't even connected, the subwoofer is on a totally different system. That's when I got the big smile on my face. After sitting down and listening I am amazed at the difference in sound compared to a "modern" home theater receiver.

It is hard to believe that someone would do something like this for someone without ever meeting them. That is what makes this forum so different from all the others. If you stay around this forum long enough you will see people do things like this for each other all the time, it's not that unusual here.

I really do appreciate your gift and if there is anything I can ever do for you please let me know.

My wife told me it was okay to tell you what happened. She was listening to the new setup, when I asked her what she thought about it I noticed she was crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, we are really lucky to have people care enough to do something like this for us without ever having met us.

Between Michael spending the week with us, photographing the triple wedding, the gift of the receiver from arfandbark and the wedding itself, emotions are running high. After it was all done, Michael had a big smile on his face and said "I knew this was going to happen, because I knew what it would sound like, but I wanted it to be a surprise for you." You should have seen all of our faces, including Michael when we read your post about giving us the receiver as a gift, and refusing reimbursement for the shipping. Everyone in the house was shocked.

I am serious, if there is anything I can ever do for you, please let me know.

I spent thirty minutes sitting here composing a post and it was all "erased". This was pieced together somewhat from the post that was erased. I will be posting more later as I get in more listening time.

The sound is completely different from what I have been hearing from my Cornwall III's. It is much better than I could have hoped for. This gift will be listening enjoyment to everyone here, as well as anyone that visits. Even "dtel's niece" said she could hear a big difference in the way the speakers sound and the HK you gave us is roughly the same age she is!! My brother in law was sitting in the living room, not really paying attention until we turned the HK on and then he said, "Those speakers are really amazing". In twenty eight years I have never heard him comment on anything audio.

Thanks again for the wonderful gift.

• Moderators

hehheeh going well... good to hear....

Hi Christy!!!!!

Hi, Indy...it's good to hear from you again.

I have to tell you, I am jealous that you live close enough to Michael to be able to see him all the time. He is a wonderful person and the kind of friend everyone needs.

BTW, dtel and I fully intend to take you up on the invitation to visit your home and meet the family when we come to Indy.

I am really going to miss him when he leaves. Looks like we might have to visit Indianapolis more often. We will be there in June even if they cancel the Piligramage.

I think Michael is really enjoying his vacation, although it has been non stop sightseeing since he arrived. Guess what....????? He has slept all through the night, both nights he has been here. He didn't wake up even once. Have you noticed he hasn't been making any middle of the night posts? It's not because he doesn't have a computer at his disposal, he's actually been sleeping through the night!!!!! Isn't that cool?[H] He seems to be very comfortable here, if not he is a very good actor.

I am sure I will be crying when we take him to the airport on Sunday. I hate to see him leave.[:(]

Ok . It has been a long while since I have posted but this truly deserves a post.

Arfandbark you have no idea how the appreciated the receiver is. You have really touched this family. Boy the sound is totally awesome and very impressive!

The other thing is that it has been totally cool having Micheal here and we are all gonna miss him when he has to go home. Kind of funny is that he fits right in with the rest of us nuts[Y] and the whole adventure this week has been a hoot. [6] As for Michael sleeping through the night... this group wears people out[|-)].

Dtels Daughter- I dig your sig line!

Yeah, sleeping like a baby here and yes, they do wear me out. I had three brides in a meeting last night trying to decide when to cut the cake and how to setup up the reception hall- MY BRAIN HURTS. Naw, it was all good fun, but we're tired. The girls were kind enough to not mention that I dozed off approx 10 minutes into last nights movie.

Today is for tux fitting, manicures and pedicures (the Dtel ladies, not me), checking out the reception site. Tonight we're going to Bush's seafood which is like a buffet with crustaceons I've never imagined in my most horrible dreams.

Right now I'm going to be firing my attorney.

Michael

• Moderators

dtel - Congrats on getting things to sound nice.

Can someone fill me in on this? What was running before that prevented the CW III's from expressing themselves?

Meagain, it was a Yamaha rxv 730, It does fine for movies or concert dvd's but for 2 CH it's just dull ! This Harmon Kardon just kills the Yamaha for good ole 2 CH.

So now the Yamaha does the multi channel stuff with the 6 Forte's and sub, and the Harmon K does the 2 CH with just the Cornwall lll's.

We listen to much more music than watch movies, even more now.

Michael said.... "Today is for tux fitting, manicures and pedicures."

Some how a manicure and pedicure for Michael just seems funny.... I can just see some 1/2 crazy woman working on him too. hahahahahaahaha Gimmie those tootsies....

Michael skip the clear finish. hahahahaha

Some how a manicure and pedicure for Michael just seems funny.... I can just see some 1/2 crazy woman working on him too. hahahahahaahaha Gimmie those tootsies....

I went out with the girls today and let the very attractive Asian woman do my nails- just a manicure and buff. No clear please. First time ever. Felt great to be pampered and looks great. I'd do it again.

This may be one wedding where the photographer gets photographed.

BS

One of the grooms, Johnny- is a very good photographer. His father was one, he has some vintage photos and gear and we have been talking a lot about photography. He took his camera to the tux fitting today and captured that phase while I hung out with the girls. Very cool, serious young man. Reminds me of my friend Doc.

I went out with the girls today and let the very attractive Asian woman do my nails- just a manicure and buff. No clear please. First time ever. Felt great to be pampered and looks great. I'd do it again.

Never had a manicure but have had plenty of pedicures. Very relaxing in the vibrating chair while the feet are soaking in the hot spa water. After the feet get scraped your feet have never felt softer. I recommend them for everyone.

Mike

• Moderators

Never had a manicure but have had plenty of pedicures. Very relaxing in the vibrating chair while the feet are soaking in the hot spa water. After the feet get scraped your feet have never felt softer. I recommend them for everyone.

Mike

Way to go Mike. Today was my first pedicure and it was very relaxing.

Alright, I just got done with possibly the most outrageous meal experience of my life. Bush's seafood buffet is closed for the season. I know Elden and Christy were terribly disappointed because they'd been talking it up all week. But I think they did the local cuisine very proud. With the aid of Alicia's (Dtel's neice) father Brian they made a seafood buffet here at the house that blew me away. Brian barked orders while Elden's sister Joni pitched in with both hands and we followed and obeyed. What teamwork! I jumped right in and learned a few things. It was a blast.

Lessee, take 15 pounds fresh whole shrimp, 10 pounds fresh catfish, oysters, taters, corn on cob, about 10 sticks butter, 3 heads garlic, chicken, sausage, onions, 2 loaves French bread, spices out the wazoo and God knows what all..add 9 crazed cooks and after a whole lotta shouting and laughter you've got one heck of a meal. I ate fresh Jambalaya, shrimp, breaded fried shrimp, barbequed shrimp, fried catfish, fried oysters, if you can fry it, they made it. It was a feeding frenzy the likes of which I hadn't seen since my old gf Mimi, who was a Puerto Rican gal from the Bronx.

What made it so much fun was that no one was left out. Little Buddy was helping decorate the tree, Momma Joy took up residence at the head of the table and pronounced each dish 'wonderful' as it was spread out on the table. It was 'eat as it comes out', forget the serving utensils, just dig in with your hands. And forks are forbidden. It was great being part of a family again.

So right now we're listening to some Dr. John and Joe Cocker on the CWIII's, kicking back and hurtin' just a bit, but we've got ice cream for later.

And don't forget the Barq's Root Beer with the seafood, don't ask me why, that's just how they do it here. I've learned to do as I'm told.

I think I'll have a nice lie-down for a bit.

Michael