2 subs...

Rsoxfan

Hiya all. I am running a Paradigm PW2200 (thing is a monster) and a Mirage FXR10 from LFE out on the Yamaha 2500 with a Y-adaptor. Subs are located left and right of center stage and really do sound awesome, you really get that "kick" drum pounding now.

Had TopGun Special Edition playing in DTS 6.1 last night, yeeehaaa..lol.

Many recordings distribute the bass signal equally to both channels to maximize the bass in the home listening environment.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

When I had the two Klipsch subs, I ran them off the stereo signal, so the right sub played the right signal, etc. I really liked the difference it made, although I could NOT get them at opposite ends of the room, so they sat in front of the big ole horns. Stereo pair did NOT give me obviously more bass, but it made the bass more realistic, by playing off center when the recording did NOT distribute the bass signal equally to both channels. When I graduated to the ACI Titan, the Klipsch subs were simply overpowered and there was no need for either one.

No room for another here - budget or living room.

...Two Dayton Titanic III 10" subs in the rear left & right corners of the room. Crossed over at 100Hz. Driven via "Y" adaptor from the receivers subwoofer output. I prefer two smaller subs to one big one. Of course ideally, two BIG ones would be even better! I actually get pretty good results with just one sub, but two gives a substantial increase in output and smooths out the response a lot better than one.

I have an RSW-12 in front, on a side wall pointing in towards the room. It is connected on my Denon's "LFE out." I use the "signal out" on this sub to connect my rear RSW-15, which is under my left rear surround on the back wall, facing in (2 subs are at 90 degrees of each other). I only listen/watch 5.1 material and this works for me. I also set the crossover in my AVR (usually 80 Hz for Movies and 60 Hz for Music).

Right now my RSW-15 is kaput and I REALLY notice a difference. [:(] I am dropping it off ( the amp) in Hope before the holidays.

I have the THX Ultra 2 pair up front, left and right of my center channel.

Do to weak bass in the second row of seating, I have a RT-12d in the back corner.

Stage One set to 60Hz do to a suck-out starting at 75 going to 65Hz. With all speakers set to small, it works great, no more dip. Both the KA-1000 and the RT-12 are Y'ed off the S 1' sub out

This is in a 23 x 14 room............................... multi subs? They are the way to go. Low end a plenty.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if anyone on here is using 2 subs in there system? And if so why?

I
do. It takes both of my Subs, each in a front corner, to produce
enough deep bass to match the output of my La Scalas. It takes 4x
the power, to barely do it, too.

mmsiman, I am running dual KSW-200's. One on the left channel and one on the right for stereo LFE during movies. I run them set the equally and I can run them anytime but mostly do it for movies. This was done to enhance the LFE and because I got a great deal on a second KSW-200. My room has some limitations so placement is a bit of an issue. The subs are currently on either side of my seating area and work really well as long as you stay seated. If you get between them, and about two feet from the TV screen, (abt 8 feet infront of seating) there is a very dead area for LF...almost nonexistent. This is isolated to a very small 2' box very near the TV screen so I don't care, but it is there just the same.