When Hobby turns to Business and Xmas Break

NOSValves

You actually get to do the aspect of business that you really enjoy.............I have been trying to get to this project since last spring when I sold the first proto type of this new project after AKfest.. I've missed that baby ever since

Here how things start you spend a year mulling over just where you want to go with it after the first proto type was run through the ringer for 3 months and you nhave received great feedback form the customer that snatched it up at a deal. In fact this customer is the second one to jump on early at a discount to help me launch this new product. Thanks god for great customers!!

Raw Proto typing plate

post-7461-1381931828926_thumb.jpg

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay but it will most likely be late tonight before I have anything more to add. I should fire it up sometime New Years Eve day. Think I should wait until the stroke of midnight to flip the switch? May be that will make 2007 a little easier year in the personal life department[;)]

Craig

Hmmm. I see cutouts for one power transformer, and two output
transformers along with four power tubes in front, three sets of two
smaller tubes in the middle, choke tranformer in the front middle but
where or where do the rectifier tubes and power caps go?

How am I doing so far?[:D]

Many of us already know what it is and the rest can probably guess. Thebes pretty much gave it away!

Looking great so far!!

Can't wait to see more pics as this beauty continues to evolve. I

think someone will be a very happy camper when it's finished.[:D]

Elementary

my dear Watson helped along by the title of the post which does have

the word "amp" in it twice and of course my in-depth understanding of

all things electrical also led to some informed speculation.

Now onto what it should be called.

I vote for: THE-CRAIG-A-NATOR

Many of us already know what it is and the rest can probably guess. Thebes pretty much gave it away!

Looking great so far!! Can't wait to see more pics as this beauty continues to evolve. I think someone will be a very happy camper when it's finished.[:D]

Yea me!!! because this one is mine!!

One of the happy campers will be getting matching metal work to have finished to his preference and is doing his own custom wood chassis. The other will get his amp out the the first production units. I'm still on the fence on what to do on the final metal finish for the plates and will be happy to get suggestions (just to head it off no chrome will not be a possibility been there and tried that) to tell you the truth I like this all painted finish but you have to provide what will please the most in business. Anyone else that decides they want to dive in they can contact me for special early pricing with a very small deposit and delivery after tax refund time. I will refrain from posting costs and such here on the open forum seems a little over the top to me. I will say do not expect Chinese pricing this amplifier is very much going to give VRD mono blocks a run for the money when considering the mild cost difference in the end that is how it should be if you ask me. I just can't bring myself to compromise on the Sonics I guess its another fault of mine[;)]

Craig

Looking great so far!! Can't wait to see more pics as this beauty continues to evolve. I think someone will be a very happy camper when it's finished.[:D]

Elementary my dear Watson helped along by the title of the post which does have the word "amp" in it twice and of course my in-depth understanding of all things electrical also led to some informed speculation.

Now onto what it should be called.

I vote for: THE-CRAIG-A-NATOR

That Amp thing in the title is some forum bug I have removed it three times now.