When Hobby turns to Business and Xmas Break

NOSValves

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..."Some great well thought out speculation and some are very close but no one has got it all right yet."

Well, at least I got the "no Chinese parts" correct...right?

Well no I always use Chinese manufactured output tubes[;)] Darn hypocrite that I am LOL!! I also use some tubes and parts from the former Soviet Union!! Call me Mr. International.....

Craig

Pretty cool idea Thebes!!

Well here is some more shots for you all! I hoped to be much further then this but the wonderful wife I have has been home the last two days and do you believe she actually thinks I should eat 3 squares a day! Couple that with the other various unmentioned side tracks I keep getting involved in and it slows the progress a bunch.

post-7461-1381931834014_thumb.jpg

Did you make the copper plates with the terminal posts, or is that a aftermarket item?

Mike I purchase them from IAGaudio.com found the place through Erik M. a long time ago he used one of his great chassis to build a pair of mono blocks some years back. I've used them on various projects so far and he is making custom examples for all my current and future projects. No more circuit boards for NOS Valves I hate the darn things. To limiting in the tweak department and years down the road after I'm long gone some technician will love me for making my products so they are easily serviced. Plus in the end if your not setup and can run the software to design and order your own circuit boards your at the mercy of whom ever you to use source them for your supply so you end up paying more and saving just about zero. Of course in some instances the circuit board can save you labor but with just the front end done on a circuit board I found zero savings in them and this methods works just as well if not better plus it looks awesome.

Nice! Looks like a KT66 perhaps(?)...is that pack of Marlboro Reds there for scale only?[8-)]

Custom Valve Rollers Dream took a huge step forward in the rolling department and the custom department more later!!

Hey CVRD ST now does that look lame or what LOL!!

Ahh I missed the 2 terminal strips in the back 40... and the UL/Triode switches... and the attenuator (or lack thereof) [:$]

Nice layout !

I've used a few of those IAG copper backed boards from partsconnexion.com... nice pieces

http://www.partsconnexion.com/catalog/TerminalStrips.html

Are those your own custom wound trannies?? Look HEAVY!

WopOnTour

That PS tranny looks like the one Ned sells as a replacement for the Dynaco (please note that I am not saying you are making a Dynaco clone of any kind). I put one of those things in my ST 70 when I rebuilt it. Almost doubled the weight of the amp. [;)]

Bruce