• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so rigma,

how close are you to finishing?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

by the way, ask coyotee-o about his new buddy.....

Still making progress. New photos posted at www.jubilation.ws

I also posted a pdf of my room (just click the room link at the bottom of the page) as current and a option to rotate 90 deg. and would like input from the forum. Also any advice on room acoustics? The Jubilee's will replace the Khorns as front and the Khorns will replace the LaScala's in the rear. Music is always front only and sometimes center. Movies are the only time I use 5.1

rigma

I don't intentionally mean to be stupid, but what the heck are Jubilee's? I assume from the threads, they are a Heritage Klipsh speaker, but are they a nickname for another speaker? I've looked at the Klipsh product list, and they aren't there. People that have them seem very pleased. I'm looking for something smaller than my Khorns for another room and I'm just wondering.

I don't intentionally mean to be stupid, but what the heck are Jubilee's? I assume from the threads, they are a Heritage Klipsh speaker, but are they a nickname for another speaker? I've looked at the Klipsh product list, and they aren't there. People that have them seem very pleased. I'm looking for something smaller than my Khorns for another room and I'm just wondering.

See

http://www.klipsch.com/news-center/photo-gallery/details/kpt-jubilee-535-behind-the-screen-system.aspx

The real name is "Klipschorn Jubilee" - it's PWK's improvement to the khorn that never made it to the home market. But the speaker performed so well that Klipsch ended up modifying it and using it in the procinema market. I know Roy Delgado worked with PWK on the creation of the new bass bin, but I believe the K402 "tweeter" is mostly his design. Using the K69 driver, this horn is good to about 18kHz (after you implement CD EQ).

The footprint is essentially the same as the khorn, but it doesn't have to be mounted in the corner of the room the way the khorn does. There is also a smaller tweeter available if you can't handle the big guy on top.

Todd. The way I did that was to have the build "standing up" for that part. You are right. That one step doesn't allow for Tite-grips.

I stand it up and set my two panels together as the meet in the back in the midline. Then set something very flat and heavy on the top of them. Then you can move the panels ever so slightly to see if they fit snug like they are supposed to.

Then remove the heavy piece and apply woodglue all along the edges of the panels. Then replace the heavy flat item on top and again adjust ever so slightly to make sure they are snug together and lined up just right. Allow to dry overnight.

The next day remove the top heavy piece. Then put rubber nails all along the inside of the joint. Let dry again overnight.

Will be strong.

You would think.....2 nights wasted on puting together that one joint? Not really. There are other steps to do in advance.....such as making the tailboard....or.....drilling holes in the outer flare panels that will line up with your horizontal braces. So when you are ready for these items....they are ready to go.

jc

post-16499-13819321529012_thumb.jpg

This wasn't to take away from Marion's build as his is looking great. Just another build tip.

Marion appeared to have been able to lay his face down and assemble those two angles by having a long, narrow strip in the midline that has been routed in order to "fasten" those two panels together in the back. Nice.

Didn't you use a router to do this Marion?

post-16499-13819321530362_thumb.jpg

This wasn't to take away from Marion's build as his is looking great. Just another build tip.

Marion appeared to have been able to lay his face down and assemble those two angles by having a long, narrow strip in the midline that has been routed in order to "fasten" those two panels together in the back. Nice.

Didn't you use a router to do this Marion?

Yes, I used a router for that. The joint you are showing I also used a brad nailer with 2" brads but I didn't feel that really helped as it did not pull the joint together. If you notice in the photos below I made and screwed in 2 temp angle pcs. inside to aling the panels because during dry fitting that and the pcs you see clamped is what was needed to bring the two panels in alignment. Then you will see a ratchet strap was pulled tightly around to hold it together to dry. These are the jonts I also fiberglassed on both sides.

post-7441-13819321534022_thumb.jpg

Rigma,

How?

If plywood were being used, it might be a good application for pocket screws. To make it bullet proof, the shorter piece (shown vertical in the diagram) could be made from solid maple with the plywood angled piece well glued and pocket screwed into it.

Happy Monday, all [;)]

Rob