Another Jubilee Build in Progress

rigma

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MMMMMMMMMM. seared Ahi Tuna...are those Yellowfin?

BS

Si, si senior! Yummy! The one I'm holding was about 200#s the two I'm stradling closer to 300.

Naturally, I had to sell most of those, too much to eat and I had to pay for the gas! I got enough steaks and sushi from just the heads for me to eat and give away to my friends.

We don't have catfish that big up here.( The only catfish I've ever caught are "bullheads" (horned trout).with a 2# fish being large.

Rick

Rigma,

Although I also enjoy the fishing stories, I am quite interested in your project and hope that you will continue posting us about the progress of your project.

One question, I have not worked with fiberglass, but what sort of strength might be provided from that extra effort. Is it to seal any leaks, is it to prevent any shearing motion, is it to make the structure more rigid and prevent deflections from any vibration?

Good luck,

-Tom

Rigma,

Although I also enjoy the fishing stories, I am quite interested in your project and hope that you will continue posting us about the progress of your project.

One question, I have not worked with fiberglass, but what sort of strength might be provided from that extra effort. Is it to seal any leaks, is it to prevent any shearing motion, is it to make the structure more rigid and prevent deflections from any vibration?

Good luck,

-Tom

Tom,

Actually it is all of the above and even in the order you listed. Of course

maybe the only thing that matters is the air leak which was my main goal but I

figured fiberglass would accomplish the other things you mentioned where RTV

would not.

rigma

Rigma,

What drivers are you using in your bass bin? I quickly scanned the post and didn't see any mention of which woofers you were going to use. Checked out the website, and its looking pretty nice. I am thinking of building a pair of those instead of Khorns, but as of yet am undecided. Nice woodworking skills, I'm sure they'll be nice when they are done.

Nice MC in the backround, looks like the clone to mine, only a few years newer though. Mine is a 2000 model though, I love it. Rides decent, has a little get-up and go, and better yet gets between 28-30mpg on the highway :)

Good luck in your project

Rigma,

What drivers are you using in your bass bin? I quickly scanned the post and didn't see any mention of which woofers you were going to use. Checked out the website, and its looking pretty nice. I am thinking of building a pair of those instead of Khorns, but as of yet am undecided. Nice woodworking skills, I'm sure they'll be nice when they are done.

Nice MC in the backround, looks like the clone to mine, only a few years newer though. Mine is a 2000 model though, I love it. Rides decent, has a little get-up and go, and better yet gets between 28-30mpg on the highway :)

Good luck in your project

Thanks for the kind words, I have the K-31 woofers.

rigma

so rigma,

how close are you to finishing?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

by the way, ask coyotee-o about his new buddy.....

Roy you ask difficult questions. I try to get something done every evening but tonight was the first since Sunday I got to work on it (2 hrs.) I will add pics to site tomorrow. My best guess is 4-6 weeks to be completely done. I have never done veneer before so that is a unknown. There are still decisions to be made on the finishing, grill cloth, framing the K402 etc.. Also need to build passive crossovers.[:$]

Ok Richard who is your new buddy?

rigma

www.jubilation.ws