OT: What's your favorite coffee, or other AM beverage?

Piranha

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not I have never even tasted coffee in my life...and I am going to be 47 in March.

I was maried for 15 years and neither my wife nor I drank it. We gave away coffee makers that were given to us.

I am now remarried and guess what....she doesn't drink coffee either. We don't have a coffee maker, and I found that I dislike tea too.

My 17 year old son works at a Jittery Joes and makes all those fancy coffee drinks, but I won't be drinking any of them.

Diet Coke is about as far as I go.

What? uhhh I've read about people like you but never met one....A coffee virgin!

That is amazing!

You see I am addicted to coffee not in the way that someone is addicted to chocolate or tv. I mean if I don't get it I'll get head aches get bitchy etc. It is the only thing I am addicted to and I ain't giving it up either. If I lived in an appropriate climate I would grow my own beans.

I don't like fancy coffee like espresso etc just give me fresh beans and a press. MMM sweet nectar of the gods......mmmmm

The following is from today's Chicago Tribune, about cat-shit coffee from Indonesia, evidently the yuppies pay $10 a cup for coffee made from beans that have been eaten by and passed undigested through Indonesian wild cats. Funny

"I, too, hope the Lincoln Park Zoo sends an expedition to Asia to trap a few thousand civets and develop coffee houses across Chicago. That way, they can avoid fundraisers. But your larger point is an excellent one. Rome fell because Romans forgot who they were. And now, in America, we have coffee aficionados attached to laptops, spending ludicrous amounts of money for a simple cup of coffee, even the kind without cat poop. Oh, how precious our Information Class can be in acquiring new hobbies. They breathe coffee through their nostrils as if it were fine cognac, droning on and on about bouquet and nuttiness and body. And nobody slaps them. Coffee is coffee. It is not sex. We're pathetic and deserve to be conquered."

The following is from today's Chicago Tribune, about cat-shit coffee from Indonesia, evidently the yuppies pay $10 a cup for coffee made from beans that have been eaten by and passed undigested through Indonesian wild cats. Funny

"I, too, hope the Lincoln Park Zoo sends an expedition to Asia to trap a few thousand civets and develop coffee houses across Chicago. That way, they can avoid fundraisers. But your larger point is an excellent one. Rome fell because Romans forgot who they were. And now, in America, we have coffee aficionados attached to laptops, spending ludicrous amounts of money for a simple cup of coffee, even the kind without cat poop. Oh, how precious our Information Class can be in acquiring new hobbies. They breathe coffee through their nostrils as if it were fine cognac, droning on and on about bouquet and nuttiness and body. And nobody slaps them. Coffee is coffee. It is not sex. We're pathetic and deserve to be conquered."

http://www.lifeaftercoffee.com/2005/09/16/the-straight-poop-on-kopi-luwak-coffee/

Almost a cat but this is frightening! At least the price is so high that we do not accidentaly get served this abomination of coffee.

Are you finished with that corn?[:-*]

LOL couldn't resist

"I, too, hope the Lincoln Park Zoo sends an expedition to Asia to trap a few thousand civets and develop coffee houses across Chicago. That way, they can avoid fundraisers. But your larger point is an excellent one. Rome fell because Romans forgot who they were. And now, in America, we have _____ aficionados attached to laptops, spending ludicrous amounts of money for a simple _____, even the kind without cat poop. Oh, how precious our Information Class can be in acquiring new hobbies. They ***** droning on and on about ***** and ***** and *****. And nobody slaps them. _____is _____. It is not sex. We're pathetic and deserve to be conquered."

Insert your hobby/interest of choice. Try "speakers".

Jamaican Blue Mountain, but my everyday coffee is usually dark roast Costa Rican. Kona Peaberry is a special treat, but rare and seasonal.

I see we share the exact same taste. Exactly.... The JBM and Kona are my all time favorites. I have an excellent source for the JBM, it ships directly from the Wallenford Estates, and is always fresh. It's expensive stuff (not as expensive as that Catshit coffee though), but I only drink coffee on the weekends, so it last a long time.

To date, best brewing process that I have experienced is with the Bodum coffee maker. Consistency and perfection in every batch, it's Ultra smooth. My machine is relative old at 17yrs., but there newer machines are suppose to be just a effective, and probably better.

Gary,

Is Peet eating his own beans [:D], and selling the end result? or is that stuff that Good? ... What did you drink before?

Daily coffee at work: I brew coffee pods like Tom Brennan, only use the Black & Decker machine instead of the Phillips Senseo as he mentioned only because it cost cost less: Brewing is about the same. I use a vareity of the Senseo coffees, plus Maxwell House Columbian, French Roast and Folgers Dark Roast and Columbian, French Vanilla, and Hazel Nut.

On the weekends: Verna is a tea totaler, so Mom (Rose) and I use a 12-cup, Braun drip pot and usually brew 8 O'Clock Coffee French Roast, or Star Bucks Breakfast Blend, House Blend, French Roast, or Kenya AA. On rare occasions, when we can find it, we buy 100% Kona; Not the Kona Blend stuff.

The interesting thing about Earl Grey, is that the ingredient that makes it so good is the herb bergamot, a member of the mint family. What makes this interesting for US citizens is that because of the tax on tea and the resultant protests during colonial times, tea was basically boycotted, and a tea (literally a tissane) brewed from bergamot was used as a replacement. Sorry for the digression but horticulture is a hobby of mine.

isn'y bergamot a lemon/citrus mix??? not mint

No, it is a plant, belonging to the mint family. Basically that means it is herbaceous and square stemmed. You are correct and I am wrong that it is used to flavor Earl Grey. I am correct that it was monarda didyma(bergamot); a native American plant that was used as a substitute for tea after the Boston tea party as a way to avoid drinking British tea and paying the tax. The flavoring for Earl Grey is a cross of citrus and the essential oil of this fruit is used to flavor the British product. The taste of the American native is very similar. Thanks Jay.

No, it is a plant, belonging to the mint family. Basically that means it is herbaceous and square stemmed. You are correct and I am wrong that it is used to flavor Earl Grey. I am correct that it was monarda didyma(bergamot); a native American plant that was used as a substitute for tea after the Boston tea party as a way to avoid drinking British tea and paying the tax. The flavoring for Earl Grey is a cross of citrus and the essential oil of this fruit is used to flavor the British product. The taste of the American native is very similar. Thanks Jay.

who knew.....

http://www.gardenguides.com/plants/info/herbs/bergamot.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergamot_orange

copy and paste