NEWBIES; Please fill out your system profiles

Audio Flynn

Oh how I miss the old forum member designations...

Ok maybe it gets tiring for some people looking at a persons signature. I like it because when someone I know changes a component I can ask about it.

If you have questions about changing networks or tweeters or upgrading speakers and I have no idea what you have for source, amp, software, room, desired SPL, and musical taste; it would be reckless for me to make a recommendation.

For example if you are considering changing caps in networks and your digital source is a "jittery" commodity CD player or worse yet an early commodity DVD player. Source upgrade would by far be a more importnat priority than a network upgrade.

• Moderators

What if I have equipment envy and I am embarassed to show my system. Or what if I am afraid to post everything that is in there because I don't want my wife to see it?

What if I am just too lazy to do it or if there is no room because I want to have a quote from The Genius about how analog is better than digital.

I guess I better get to it one way or the other.

Travis

OR, you post it to have someone tell you it's at best AVERAGE equipment....................Really, Klipsch speakers are average, everyone has atleast 2 pairs of them................yeah, right.........If someone really wants to know, they will ask.................Don't mean to be a wiseguy, but there are some audio snobs on this forum.............don't want to upset anyone, do we ????????????

OR, you post it to have someone tell you it's at best AVERAGE equipment....................Really, Klipsch speakers are average, everyone has atleast 2 pairs of them................yeah, right.........If someone really wants to know, they will ask.................Don't mean to be a wiseguy, but there are some audio snobs on this forum.............don't want to upset anyone, do we ????????????

Well lets just let Amy take care of the snobs. Every body around here gets upset every now and then if they are passionate about music reproduction. If you do not get upset at least rarely then you most likely do not post anyway or have better drugs and/ or meditation than the rest of us.

====================

"In listening to sound, I guess what I'm after is the closest thing
that I can get to reality. Now, I know it's not going to be reality,
cause the thing gotta go through wires and gotta go through filters and
this and that. But what I really like is to get as close to the natural
sound of the instruments as possible. That's why I like analog as
opposed to digital. Because I don't give a *** what anybody tells you
man, I know what you guys are going to tell me...'Oh yeah, but it's
clean Ray!' Well it's clean but it don't got no balls!!!" -Ray Charles

--------------

Ray stays but you should have pleanty of room in the system profile.

ADDENDUM

Bonus points to any forum member "outing" another forum member falsely listing equipment list. [:D]

Past used equipment may be a good addition to profile. For me it would be 1977 Heresy Industrials.

I've filled my profile and equip. list but it dosent show when i post, what am i doing wrong?????

Not a thing. Updating your profile is different than creating/updating your forum signature. A "signature" is the text that automatically popualtes the end of your forum message.