Jubilee Questions

Bill W.

As a long-time Klipsch owner, I have been following all of the various Jubilee threads with great interest. At our restaurant, we use Heresy Industrial models in the dining rooms and Pro Lascalas on the outdoor dining patio for live music on the weekends. This combination of quality sound for live and recorded music has been very well received by our customers and has helped us to grow our business significantly.

We have recently completed an expansion of the outdoor dining patio and have a small ensemble stage and seating for about 80 people in a space of 28ft width x 70ft deep. I would like to install a semi-permanent sound system to handle both live and recorded music on the patio for our guests who join us for lunch, happy-hour or dinner when live music is not available. Our goal is to make a statement by having a sound quality that gets people talking and keeps them coming back!

You can see where I'm going with this - why not install Jubilees on the patio? Years ago, the Klipschorn literature described a marine-grade version for marine applications. Are the Jubilees available in a version which is weather resistant? (Such an installation would provide basic protection from the elements).

I would enjoy introducing the Jubilees to the 40,000 customers we serve each season!!!

• Moderators

I can't help with recommendations but I love your ideas. and Jubilees would definitely ( make a statement ) in appearance and sound .

If a Jubilee is not the correct speaker they have many pro, or industrial speakers that may fit your needs. If you don't get any good responses or even if you do you may want to contact Trey Cannon and he could send you in the right person. Sounds like a great Idea though, for your business, customers and Klipsch.

http://forums.klipsch.com/members/Trey+Cannon.aspx

And welcome to the forum.

I agree with Fritzie on contacting Badcaw Boy. Badcaw is also known as "Berry Boy" and I'm sure his wife has even OTHER names for him other than "Mr. Roy Delgado". [:@] [;)]

you can email him at roy.delgado@klipsch.com

He was in on designing the Jubilee and I THINK soley designed the K402 horn which is the big "plug ugly" horn you see on most pictures of it. He'll probably put you onto Chuck but maybe not. They'll first come up with "can" they do it, then how much. (side question to others: don't they make some of those BIG guns (mcm's) out of marine grade??) If so, I don't see why they couldn't do a Jube. you'd have the only Jubilees certified to use as a dinghy!! [6]

If you want to take a "business expense" trip to the Smokey Mountains, you're welcome to find your way to my place and give them an audition. After all, if you DID get a pair for your business, woudn't giving them an audition be part of the process?

Just had the 10th person over yesterday giving a listen (enjoyed the visit Tom).

As a long-time Klipsch owner, I have been following all of the various Jubilee threads with great interest. At our restaurant, we use Heresy Industrial models in the dining rooms and Pro Lascalas on the outdoor dining patio for live music on the weekends. This combination of quality sound for live and recorded music has been very well received by our customers and has helped us to grow our business significantly.

We have recently completed an expansion of the outdoor dining patio and have a small ensemble stage and seating for about 80 people in a space of 28ft width x 70ft deep. I would like to install a semi-permanent sound system to handle both live and recorded music on the patio for our guests who join us for lunch, happy-hour or dinner when live music is not available. Our goal is to make a statement by having a sound quality that gets people talking and keeps them coming back!

You can see where I'm going with this - why not install Jubilees on the patio? Years ago, the Klipschorn literature described a marine-grade version for marine applications. Are the Jubilees available in a version which is weather resistant? (Such an installation would provide basic protection from the elements).

I would enjoy introducing the Jubilees to the 40,000 customers we serve each season!!! 

This is a brilliant idea! I would love to stop by to hear a live band through Jubilees : ) Where is this restauraunt/club located exactly?

Coytee's Jubilee rig ranks top-shelf with the better ones I've heard and is certainly the best set of Klipsch speakers I've heard.

Sound was dynamic and effortless but one expects that from a large- format theater system. The tonality was spot on----bass was nicely extended and very clean, midrange properly presented and the highs quite extended and very clear---everything was very clear and not a hint of earwire.

The Ben-Hur test was passed with ease.

Were I buying new Klipsch speakers I'd bypass all the all other stuff including Heritage and go with these.

Tom, I just wanted to say you gave Klipsch & Co, a very nice endorsement there. Those comments don't really go towards me as I'm just the custodian of something Klipsch did.

I DO agree with your thoughts though. I think anyone contemplating a purchase of new Heritage should give these badboys some serious consideration.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses so far. Our restaurant is located in Silverton CO, about 50 miles north of Durango in southwestern Colorado. It's where everyone goes to cool off in the summer when it gets too hot back home! At 9318' elevation we would probably hold the record for the highest Jubilees in the world - not a bad claim to fame!

Hey, Bill, what is the name of your restaurant in Silverton? Do you have a web site? I'm planning a motorcycle trip through Silverton this summer with two other Klipsch owners. We'd love to stop at your place and listen to the highest Jubilees in the world and enjoy your tasty food.

Hi bhendrix- The name of the restaurant is Natalia's. You can access our web page by visiting the Silverton Chamber of Commerce website at http.//www.silvertoncolorado.com and click on the dining guide. Let us know when you are coming- we always enjoy meeting fellow Klipschers!

As a long-time Klipsch owner, I have been following all of the various Jubilee threads with great interest. At our restaurant, we use Heresy Industrial models in the dining rooms and Pro Lascalas on the outdoor dining patio for live music on the weekends. This combination of quality sound for live and recorded music has been very well received by our customers and has helped us to grow our business significantly.

We have recently completed an expansion of the outdoor dining patio and have a small ensemble stage and seating for about 80 people in a space of 28ft width x 70ft deep. I would like to install a semi-permanent sound system to handle both live and recorded music on the patio for our guests who join us for lunch, happy-hour or dinner when live music is not available. Our goal is to make a statement by having a sound quality that gets people talking and keeps them coming back!

You can see where I'm going with this - why not install Jubilees on the patio? Years ago, the Klipschorn literature described a marine-grade version for marine applications. Are the Jubilees available in a version which is weather resistant? (Such an installation would provide basic protection from the elements).

I would enjoy introducing the Jubilees to the 40,000 customers we serve each season!!!

hey bill,

interesting proposition. the best i can do is to order the pair and request that the lf sections and horn base board be made of marine plywood. if we can do it, an estimate will be fedback to you and your up or down to continue with the order. the "plug ugly" horns and drivers should be able to take it and be "weather resistant".

i would love it if 40,000 customers got to see these sweethearts.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

TBrennan:

What is the Ben-Hur test?

Is it running the DVD of the 1959 movie Ben-Hur? Or the Rhino CD of music from the soundtrack? On the newer DVD version, I hear slightly more detail.

Do you get outrageously thrilling dynamics off of the DVD when using his Jubilees?

On my Klipschorns, plus other people's big JBLs, etc. I've never quite been able to recreate the extreme dynamics of the 70mm version (w/ 6 channel stereo) of Ben-Hur as heard at the late, lamented, Coronet Theater in San Francisco.

I can recreate the dynamics by riding the volume control, but that's cheating.

In the theater, the first few notes of the Overture (Prelude) were hair raising, as were the drums accompanying the governor's arrival through the Joppa Gate in Jerusalem, etc. Turning those parts up works, but I have to turn down the dialogue ..... maybe the DVD makers made the wrong assumption about us, and compressed the dynamics a bit ... or maybe the original magnetic 6-channel sound track (on full coat 35 mm magnetic film in the studio, I was told) was not used?

Or maybe the Jubilees are just less constricting of dynamics?

Gary, I've waited a while to give Tom a chance to respond. I'm not trying to speak for him but might be able to answer part of your questions. He brought a DVD of Ben-Hur as well as several other items. We played the opening song (Overture??) and as I recall, he flipped forward to a couple more, deeper into the movie.

Regarding dynamics, do you mean running the volume knob up and down? If so, I do not recall him doing that during the passages.

I personally feel the Jubilees are less constricting of dynamics. They simply seem to take what ever you throw at them (at any volume) and give it back to you with authority and clarity.

Last night wife was making something in kitchen and I was sitting on couch listening to Supertramp's Crime of the Century. It was probably 11:00 pm so was dark and quiet outside. I was laying back listening and all the sudden I kind of thought it was playing on the loud side. It clearly was not playing "LOUD", but it just seemed that I might want to consider turning it down (of course...I didn't [6] )

I was intrigued as to how much power I was using so I lifted my lazy head off the pillow and looked at the meter on my MC-2102. It was PEGGING at .1 watt. Yes, decimal one, as in 1/10th. I know the meters are probably not perfect but it's at least a reference point for me.

System sounded fantastic, was clearly above background noise & conversation levels. In fact, easily loud enough to drown out any conversations and make it difficult to hear. Since I was in the room alone... I overlooked that annoyance! [A]

...looked at the meter on my MC-2102. It was PEGGING at .1 watt.

Do you mean full scale on the meter was 0.1 Watt and the needle
was forced against the mechanical stop (the "peg"), or the meter was peaking at 0.1 W? It makes a difference. [:P]

From context, I'm guessing the latter, which is pretty good!

• 4 months later...