Dean's at it Again!!!

meagain

jub envy is a terrible thing to watch.......yep, yep, yep.......

What's going to be a terrible thing to watch is after Dean has the Joobs for a while, and decides to sell them to buy some LS3/5a mini BBC monitors. I trust you'll cover his financial loss?

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's going to be a terrible thing to watch is after Dean has the Joobs for a while, and decides to sell them to buy some LS3/5a mini BBC monitors. I trust you'll cover his financial loss?

better yet, if he sells, i will pay for his trip to the mental institution.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Roy

Which institution?

Just in case this gestates into further action between you two AND you didn't catch my brilliant idea...

Mike... my idea was for YOU to reserve a 1-way Uhaul going from Dayton to Florida. Dean picks it up & packs the Khorns in it. You two meet here and Dean simply gives you the trailer full of goodies. This way they do not need to be removed.

You drive home & deliver said trailer back to Uhaul in FL.

*Brilliant*

[D] [D]

Hey! LS3/5A monitors are GREAT speakers! I have owned 3 pairs over the years (if you count the original Linn Kans which used the same KEF drivers). I am a HUGE fan of tiny little British 2-ways--KEF, Stirling, Linn, Spendor, Harbeth, Rogers, Chartwell, etc. More "right" sounding music comes out of those tiny little 7" x 12" boxes than you could ever imagine.

Dean should get the Jubilees AND a pair of LS3/5As for the bedroom system!!

Front.jpg

Hey! LS3/5A monitors are GREAT speakers! I have owned 3 pairs over the years (if you count the original Linn Kans which used the same KEF drivers). I am a HUGE fan of tiny little British 2-ways--KEF, Stirling, Linn, Spendor, Harbeth, Rogers, Chartwell, etc. More "right" sounding music comes out of those tiny little 7" x 12" boxes than you could ever imagine.

Dean should get the Jubilees AND a pair of LS3/5As for the bedroom system!!

Front.jpg

Dean's Khorns are in his bedroom now or is it a closet I get confused [;)]

Knoxville will get you close enough for conversations. I actually live a bit southwest of Knoxville in "Greenback" (zip 37742). If you look at a map of the area and south of Knoxville (on I-75) see Lenoir City, I'm between Lenoir City and Maryville. I drive through Lenoir City daily on my way to work in Knoxville.

Now we just need to figure out how to get Deanie to bring some Graeters & Chesters down with him... it would be quite the tasty treat. Unless of course, you all wanted to try the Montgomery Inn ribs that Roy had.

As for how much on a Uhaul... I don't know if your local guy could tell you or if it would have to be the Uhaul in Dayton??

Richards's five hours from me -- 10 hours from you. I can't make you drive 15 hours, that would be evil. I did 10 hours straight a few years ago down to Daddy Dee's in Arkansas, it wasn't that bad -- listened to books on CD to pass the time. I'm going to stop at uhaul on the way home today and take a look at what they have and get some prices -- it makes more sense to let me work that issue.

Here is a rough map. Next door to 'the farm' where I live is a new development. Guy bought 40/50 acres for 1/2 mil. He's now developing it and calling it Yellowwood.

http://www.yellowwoodproperties.com/Local.html

If/as anyone drives to my house, you will pass the front gates of Yellowwood and see this guy's house up on the right and his boat dock on the left.

What the heck is Graeters & Chesters?

Chesters is simply the best pizza I've ever had anywhere (and I've been around)

http://www.chesterspizza.com/

Graeters is some fantastic ice cream based in Cincinnati. They have some stores I think in Dayton area (not sure)

http://graeters.com/

I urge you to read the history of Graeters and pay specific attention to how old the company is. Then realize that if you stop by there (factory near downtown) you just might see one of the current owners who is the GRANDSON of the founder (founded in 1879 or 128 years ago!!)

You don't see too many family operations that are not only 128 years old, but only in their 3rd generation of ownership (admittedly these guys are past retirement age)