Dean's at it Again!!!

meagain

I can not remember the last time you mentioned some new piece of music you had discovered. In fact I can't remember the last time I seen or heard you actually mention any piece of music good or bad.

Since when has the Klipsch forum been all about discussing the music we listen to. Look Craig, if the gear wasn't the means to an excellent end we'd all be listening to FM radio through boom boxes. You're right though, I love the gear, but there wouldn't be much purpose in that if I didn't like listening to music. I also believe bigger gains are made on the speaker end, which is why I went to work on my Klipschorn top sections. In order to further reduce distortion and improve clarity, I have to move to large format drivers and horns -- which I can't do unless I upgrade my bass horns. If you want to believe that the lower distortion and improved response isn't applicable "in the real world" of home audio -- then that's your choice. Like I always say, speculation is interesting, but it doesn't provide answers or produce results.

I know Paul just likes to irritate people because he likes to see how much they can take before they meltdown, and I know you're really just trying to look after me because you don't want to see me throw a bunch of money at this for zero or less return -- but I really think it's time for both of you to back off a little.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The cool part about this is Dean still has those khorns in his house. It's an interesting position to be in.

I actually should have bought them. My gut's telling me I'm going to end up where those khorns are already at to some degree. Although not a fan of oak, they 'are' the lighter version which I appreciate over the dark walnut tone. Heck, I have a slab of MDF propped against one of mine as a 1/2-a**ed false corner. Right now, it's propped up with a chair! A wimpy chair to boot. :) At least I'll get to hear them. Maybe..... maybe....

I actually should have bought them. My gut's telling me I'm going to end up where those khorns are already at to some degree. Although not a fan of oak, they 'are' the lighter version which I appreciate over the dark walnut tone.

You can always paint them. Just run some sandpaper over the veneer a little to get a good surface for the white (?) paint to adhere to.

I actually should have bought them. My gut's telling me I'm going to end up where those khorns are already at to some degree. Although not a fan of oak, they 'are' the lighter version which I appreciate over the dark walnut tone.

You can always paint them. Just run some sandpaper over the veneer a little to get a good surface for the white (?) paint to adhere to.

You are a sick Bird....................................

I can not remember the last time you mentioned some new piece of music you had discovered. In fact I can't remember the last time I seen or heard you actually mention any piece of music good or bad.

Since when has the Klipsch forum been all about discussing the music we listen to. Look Craig, if the gear wasn't the means to an excellent end we'd all be listening to FM radio through boom boxes. You're right though, I love the gear, but there wouldn't be much purpose in that if I didn't like listening to music. I also believe bigger gains are made on the speaker end, which is why I went to work on my Klipschorn top sections. In order to further reduce distortion and improve clarity, I have to move to large format drivers and horns -- which I can't do unless I upgrade my bass horns. If you want to believe that the lower distortion and improved response isn't applicable "in the real world" of home audio -- then that's your choice. Like I always say, speculation is interesting, but it doesn't provide answers or produce results.

I know Paul just likes to irritate people because he likes to see how much they can take before they meltdown, and I know you're really just trying to look after me because you don't want to see me throw a bunch of money at this for zero or less return -- but I really think it's time for both of you to back off a little.

Boy that little bit of truth got you going [;)] Dean your a hopeless gear head always have been and always will be! In case you didn't noticed I haven't been posting in this thread because I did back off.

"You roll gear because it is your hobby"

imagine if preparing for emergencies was our hobby.......the  elborate underground cities we would be posting.

Got ot get back to my digging......the end is near.

if the gear wasn't the means to an excellent end we'd all be listening to FM radio through boom boxes. You're right though, I love the gear, but there wouldn't be much purpose in that if I didn't like listening to music.

I wish last October's fest had been complete and Dean and Debbie had attended the bird's eye view live symphony concert to both see and hear good classical music in action.

• Moderators

If I'm missing some purpose to this thread other than baiting, please email me what that might be and I'll consider reopening. I just don't have time right now to read through every post and figure out what the deal is since I've been gone for over a week.