Dean's at it Again!!!

meagain

The real problem with the supposed high cost of the horn is the couple of 100% markups involved before it would reach the customer. With that in mind, the best bang for the buck is to go with a savvy independent supplier.

If a fully finished pair of Jubilees fit for a home would cost the customer $20,000, remember that $10,000 of that would go to the dealer for the hard work of taking your order and passing it on to Klipsch. Now if a dealer were willing to be compensated for that massive amount of effort to the tune of, say, $500 (which would work out to a rate of $2000/hr), the finished Jubilees in this scenario would cost only $10,500.

Many Forum members over the years have advocated that the marketing of Jubilees (and for that matter, larger Heritage) be handled in a different way. Unfortunately they were ignored. Oh well, on the bright side, Jubilees are flying out of the factory like hotcakes.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike,

I promoted the true home Jubilee years before you ever even thought of it. I'm not the only one who thinks the looks of what is being offered as a home version now is awful looking. Other people just choose to be silent about it. That way they don't get criticized, for one thing.

Speaking of the Pro Cinema line, is there any place to go and actually demo this stuff? I would love to hear other things besides the Jubilee bass bins. Such as other bass bins like the KPT-415-LF or the KPT-904-LF. Also a chance to demo that smaller K510.

Roy, do you have a setup in Hope somewhere? Is there a "Pro line" retailer in the Southeast anywhere?

jc

Mike,

I promoted the true home Jubilee years before you ever even thought of it. I'm not the only one who thinks the looks of what is being offered as a home version now is awful looking. Other people just choose to be silent about it. That way they don't get criticized, for one thing.

Paul,

I thought about the Jubilee sooner than you might think! But When I Heard The Jubilee I Had To Have Them (Just Like Klipschorns Many Years Before) and So I Made It Happen With Roy's And Others Help!

I have no doubt many would want a pretty home version as you say over what I have chosen but as Dean pointed out it puts it out of the reach of many.

I do wish Klipsch would build them as a "Statement Product" because it isn't always about the profit in money on one product thats important but it's value as a statement about the company's Research and Development Abilities!

I personelly don't believe people are being silent so that they aren't criticized but more likely because they understand that looks are in the eye's of the beholder and realize that to continually persist in being negative is pointless once their opinion has been stated.

mike tn[:)]

Other people just choose to be silent about it. That way they don't get criticized, for one thing.

I thought it was because they didn't want to hurt Roy's feelings.:)

The consumer market is what it is. Gee Paul, what do you want -- the loons are shipping Jubilees to the front door! Before you know it, they'll be shipping Klipschorns, LaScalas, and Cornwalls. Man -- Hunter's going love Roy.

Other people just choose to be silent about it. That way they don't get criticized, for one thing.

I thought it was because they didn't want to hurt Roy's feelings.:)

The consumer market is what it is. Gee Paul, what do you want -- the loons are shipping Jubilees to the front door! Before you know it, they'll be shipping Klipschorns, LaScalas, and Cornwalls. Man -- Hunter's going love Roy.

Shipping to the front door? That's even more of a travesty then, if dealers are getting a 100% markup on them and not even handling them. Thousands of dollars for passing on an order!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang, where do I sign up to be a Jubilee middleman?

I personelly don't believe people are being silent so that they aren't criticized but more likely because they understand that looks are in the eye's of the beholder and realize that to continually persist in being negative is pointless once their opinion has been stated.

What about the Forum members who are getting tired of people continually persisting in being positive?

What about the Forum members who are getting tired of people continually persisting in being positive?

They've always got your Posts Paul if they need Negativity!!!![;)]

mike tn[:)]

The man-hours (may very well be woman-hours in this case) of building a Jubilee bass bin should be less than for the Klipschorn. The Klipschorn has a lot of little pieces in it to cut. The Jubilees that you guys are getting don't even have crossover networks. And then you've got no finished top at all, not even a front like the old Khorn Decorator models. How do the prices compare?

The man-hours (may very well be woman-hours in this case) of building a Jubilee bass bin should be less than for the Klipschorn. The Klipschorn has a lot of little pieces in it to cut. The Jubilees that you guys are getting don't even have crossover networks. And then you've got no finished top at all, not even a front like the old Khorn Decorator models. How do the prices compare?

Pure Guess Work On Your Part Paul With No Facts To Back It UP!

Anyway I'll check on you later Paul I'm going to Listen To My Jubilees[;)][:D][:D][:D]

mike tn

Paul I chose many years ago to live a positive life because negativity sucks the life out of you!

As Roy Say's Have A Blessed Day!

Good point. How much are the Jub's delivered to your door? Is that for the bass bin? Horn? EQ?

BTW, I wasn't particularly impressed with the horn on the "home" models - I hate that disconnected look where it appears someone misplaced something on top of your speaker. The bass cabs are quite attractive though... Stick a Khorn top on them would be my thing..

If the deal is good enough, I might have a a pair of minty Korns for sell. (I doubt the deal will be that good.)

BTW, I wasn't particularly impressed with the horn on the "home" models - I hate that disconnected look where it appears someone misplaced something on top of your speaker. The bass cabs are quite attractive though... Stick a Khorn top on them would be my thing..

Looky here:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/permalink/533211/533216/ShowThread.aspx#533216

Nothing wrong with the Jubilee that Valerie is posing with. Quite the difference between that and what is being sold now.

Looky here:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/permalink/533211/533216/ShowThread.aspx#533216

Nothing wrong with the Jubilee that Valerie is posing with. Quite the difference between that and what is being sold now.

Damn Paul. That is what I am talking about. Never saw that one before - always saw the pic with Mr.Klipsch.

Let me ask again. Exactly what is being sold now? Neither of these I have already gathered.