Dean's at it Again!!!

meagain

Sure did Steve, thanks!

Klipschorns list for $7500. If you can find them and pay cash you can probably get them for a thousand less. You'll have to drive and pick them up. I drove from Ohio to St. Louis.

Jubilee bottoms are $4800, horns and drivers around $2000 -- but I'm not sure because I haven't received a final price yet. You'll either need to run active filtering with two amplifiers or build, or have someone build the passives. Not inexpensive by any stretch -- but not significantly more than the a new set of Klipschorns. You trade the nice finish for performace -- and you don't have to pick them up.

Technically, Jubilees aren't 'sold' -- they are pursued and 'bought'. If you want a pretty Heritage speaker then by all means buy the Klipschorn. What I find ironic is if someone jumps on the forum and says they just bought some Industrial LaScalas they will certainly get a pat on the back, and the thread won't be filled with posts bemoaning the low WAF. A 511B or any of the other variety of Altec horns people are plopping on top of,the Klipsch bottoms doesn't usually bring howls of rejection either -- and some of those setups look down right horrendous. Yet the 'Industrial' Jubilee is such an outrage and assault on the senses? Consistancy thou art a Jewel.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I find ironic is if someone jumps on the forum and says they just bought some Industrial LaScalas they will certainly get a pat on the back, and the thread won't be filled with posts bemoaning the low WAF. A 511B or any of the other variety of Altec horns people are plopping on top of,the Klipsch bottoms doesn't usually bring howls of rejection either -- and some of those setups look down right horrendous. Yet the 'Industrial' Jubilee is such an outrage and assault on the senses? Consistancy thou art a Jewel.

I think there is some jealousy at work here Dean - Kinda similar to the SET Amp bashing? Huh? I say good for you and hope you enjoy them.

BTW - Do you think my Altec Khorns look horrendous?[:D]

The man-hours (may very well be woman-hours in this case) of building a Jubilee bass bin should be less than for the Klipschorn. The Klipschorn has a lot of little pieces in it to cut. The Jubilees that you guys are getting don't even have crossover networks. And then you've got no finished top at all, not even a front like the old Khorn Decorator models. How do the prices compare?

Pure Guess Work On Your Part Paul With No Facts To Back It UP!

Nope! Not A Single Bit Of Guesswork Involved. Are You Denying That The Khorn Is A More Difficult Build? Are You Denying That Crossover Networks Are Not Included? Are You Denying The Top Is Not Finished? Just What Are You Trying To Say Here?

What, Roy doesn't have the horn in a box on top and this means it's not 'finished'? Technically, the Jub is more finished than the Klipschorn. Right now, there are two passives available for the Jubilee. I'll be happy to build Roy's for anyone that wants it. I'm sure Al would build his version if someone asked him. Now, this is deteriorating into pure nonsense. Why the hell do you care anyways, it's not like you're ever going to buy a pair -- regardless of what configuration they're offered in.

Dean,

Aren't you the guy who spent an extra four thousand dollars on Khorns to get a pair that didn't have a nick or scratch in the veneer? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

EDIT: Heck, I'm sorry, I must be, because if that were you, there's no way you'd want some rough finished black theater speaker with an exposed top horn in his house.

I will agree that the Jubilee is no looker but Dean has the option of getting them unfinished and over time "beautify" them. Dean has the option of using several different top horns and drivers since the you can cross the woof/mid a little higher. The whole absent of included passive is right up Dean's alley.

We will all watch Dean as we are doing now......And doesn't even have them yet.

I would highly recommend getting the bass bins unfinished. You can just leave them that way for awhile as you continue to eat buttered noodles and save some nickels.

I do think as time moves on and some of the dust settles, some people may prefer the properly setup khorn's "sound" over the jubilee. Not me though. I like the "impact" or the bass coming at me like the Jubilees do. Of course...I don't think I have heard Khorns well setup. May soon if I can get to Mark1101's house.

jc

was considered too "expensive" (finding a vendor for the wood horn proved to be a real challenge especially for what we were looking for) and marketing thought that it would not be supported out there in the real US world. that is why the 60th khorns were only marketed to europe. the US has really been bit by the bose cube and the apple ipod.

I doubt it would be too expensive for the "unusual" people who buy Jubilees. Your friend Al Klappenberger was able to get aftermarket horns made for Khorns/Belles/La Scalas for a reasonable enough price that he was able to make a profit on them and still find people to buy them. Surely Klipsch could get good horns at an equal or better price than Al can. But maybe not. Maybe Al has more pull with vendors and can get a better deal than a corporation like Klipsch?

Feelings or no feelings, the 402 is not fit for home viewing. The "wood" one in the picture with PWK looks nice, and the other prototype that was built and finished sort of like the top of a Khorn would also work well in a living room. The 402 belongs behind a movie screen.

well lucky for me, it's only your opinion and well......i don't care what paul poo poo parrot thinks about the 402.....[H]

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

The real problem with the supposed high cost of the horn is the couple of 100% markups involved before it would reach the customer. With that in mind, the best bang for the buck is to go with a savvy independent supplier.

If a fully finished pair of Jubilees fit for a home would cost the customer $20,000, remember that $10,000 of that would go to the dealer for the hard work of taking your order and passing it on to Klipsch. Now if a dealer were willing to be compensated for that massive amount of effort to the tune of, say, $500 (which would work out to a rate of $2000/hr), the finished Jubilees in this scenario would cost only $10,500.

Many Forum members over the years have advocated that the marketing of Jubilees (and for that matter, larger Heritage) be handled in a different way. Unfortunately they were ignored. Oh well, on the bright side, Jubilees are flying out of the factory like hotcakes.

man, caught again....i was making it up....[:$]

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Your dodges aren't fooling anyone, Bad Cowboy. You always hide from serious discussion of the Jubilee. Instead of answering questions, you resort to playground taunts. It is remarkable that a Klipsch employee presents such an unprofessional front in a company forum.

Speaking of the Pro Cinema line, is there any place to go and actually demo this stuff? I would love to hear other things besides the Jubilee bass bins. Such as other bass bins like the KPT-415-LF or the KPT-904-LF. Also a chance to demo that smaller K510.

Roy, do you have a setup in Hope somewhere? Is there a "Pro line" retailer in the Southeast anywhere?

jc

several of the cinema chains install our products; regal, harkins, malco, to name a few. i don't know if we list where there are cinemas with our stuff. give a town and i will see. and you are real lucky that the theaters have low lights.....don't want you to have to stare at them plug ugly, unnecessarily marked up expensive horns all thru the movie.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Speaking of the Pro Cinema line, is there any place to go and actually demo this stuff? I would love to hear other things besides the Jubilee bass bins. Such as other bass bins like the KPT-415-LF or the KPT-904-LF. Also a chance to demo that smaller K510.

Roy, do you have a setup in Hope somewhere? Is there a "Pro line" retailer in the Southeast anywhere?

jc

Hey Roy...A lot has been posted since you last posted yesterday. Any thoughts on the above?

jc

Good point. How much are the Jub's delivered to your door? Is that for the bass bin? Horn? EQ?

BTW, I wasn't particularly impressed with the horn on the "home" models - I hate that disconnected look where it appears someone misplaced something on top of your speaker. The bass cabs are quite attractive though... Stick a Khorn top on them would be my thing..

If the deal is good enough, I might have a a pair of minty Korns for sell. (I doubt the deal will be that good.)

in another thread, that was mentioned where we tried that. we put a khorn hf section on a jub lf with an active crossover and delay.....very very interesting combo....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Sure did Steve, thanks!

Klipschorns list for $7500. If you can find them and pay cash you can probably get them for a thousand less. You'll have to drive and pick them up. I drove from Ohio to St. Louis.

Jubilee bottoms are $4800, horns and drivers around $2000 -- but I'm not sure because I haven't received a final price yet. You'll either need to run active filtering with two amplifiers or build, or have someone build the passives. Not inexpensive by any stretch -- but not significantly more than the a new set of Klipschorns. You trade the nice finish for performace -- and you don't have to pick them up.

Technically, Jubilees aren't 'sold' -- they are pursued and 'bought'. If you want a pretty Heritage speaker then by all means buy the Klipschorn. What I find ironic is if someone jumps on the forum and says they just bought some Industrial LaScalas they will certainly get a pat on the back, and the thread won't be filled with posts bemoaning the low WAF. A 511B or any of the other variety of Altec horns people are plopping on top of,the Klipsch bottoms doesn't usually bring howls of rejection either -- and some of those setups look down right horrendous. Yet the 'Industrial' Jubilee is such an outrage and assault on the senses? Consistancy thou art a Jewel.

jub envy - is it up there with global warming or with the reality of the tax man coming......

for those, jub envy is real deano.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Speaking of the Pro Cinema line, is there any place to go and

actually demo this stuff? I would love to hear other things

besides the Jubilee bass bins. Such as other bass bins like the

KPT-415-LF or the KPT-904-LF. Also a chance to demo that smaller

K510.

jc

Hey Roy...A lot has been posted since you last posted yesterday. Any thoughts on the above?

jc

Reasonable question I would like to read the answer to.

Jubilee discussion seems to evolve into some kind of urban legend. Can we get a link to specs, description and photos?