Dean's at it Again!!!

meagain

The man-hours (may very well be woman-hours in this case) of building a Jubilee bass bin should be less than for the Klipschorn. The Klipschorn has a lot of little pieces in it to cut. The Jubilees that you guys are getting don't even have crossover networks. And then you've got no finished top at all, not even a front like the old Khorn Decorator models. How do the prices compare?

Pure Guess Work On Your Part Paul With No Facts To Back It UP!

Nope! Not A Single Bit Of Guesswork Involved. Are You Denying That The Khorn Is A More Difficult Build? Are You Denying That Crossover Networks Are Not Included? Are You Denying The Top Is Not Finished? Just What Are You Trying To Say Here?

let me help you out here my feathered friend.....ummmm......

that you are wrong!!

facts are friendly!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of the Pro Cinema line, is there any place to go and

actually demo this stuff? I would love to hear other things

besides the Jubilee bass bins. Such as other bass bins like the

KPT-415-LF or the KPT-904-LF. Also a chance to demo that smaller

K510.

Roy, do you have a setup in Hope somewhere? Is there a "Pro line" retailer in the Southeast anywhere?

jc

several of the cinema chains install our products; regal, harkins, malco, to name a few. i don't know if we list where there are cinemas with our stuff. give

a town and i will see. and you are real lucky that the theaters

have low lights.....don't want you to have to stare at them plug

ugly, unnecessarily marked up expensive horns all thru

the movie.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

It would be nice to know if someone knows.

I have asked this question years ago. Indy Pilgrimage 3 years ago in person as I recall.

I

attend 5 different new technology moveie theaters in Greater Detroit

and have never seen a Klipsch speaker. I would pay extra for a

movie ticket to hear a Klipsch theater speaker.

Your dodges aren't fooling anyone, Bad Cowboy. You always hide from serious discussion of the Jubilee. Instead of answering questions, you resort to playground taunts. It is remarkable that a Klipsch employee presents such an unprofessional front in a company forum.

listen up!! anyone seen a serious discussion of the jub anywhere? ANYONE??

okay.........

how about a professional employee for klipsch?........Trey?......ANYONE??

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

The man-hours (may very well be woman-hours in this case) of

building a Jubilee bass bin should be less than for the Klipschorn. The

Klipschorn has a lot of little pieces in it to cut. The Jubilees that

you guys are getting don't even have crossover networks. And then

you've got no finished top at all, not even a front like the old Khorn

Decorator models. How do the prices compare?

Nope! Not A Single Bit Of Guesswork Involved. Are You Denying That

The Khorn Is A More Difficult Build? Are You Denying That Crossover

Networks Are Not Included? Are You Denying The Top Is Not Finished?

Just What Are You Trying To Say Here?

that you are wrong!!

facts are friendly!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

i'm in the eight year of the sixth grade......why? need me to get you a date? Curious comment.

Sorry Roy but you appear to be missing the point that you ( or

anyone else from Klipsch) provide little to no factual inforamtion in a

summarized concise manner about the Jubilee.

I

am out of the country on business 6-10 days a month; I cannot do the

detective work to follow various threads to understand the Jubillee

design and associated performance. As a Klipsch customer I have no

oppurtunity to digest a cohesive sales and marketing "fact sheet" that

would encourage me to consider this speaker.

Speaking of the Pro Cinema line, is there any place to go and actually demo this stuff? I would love to hear other things besides the Jubilee bass bins. Such as other bass bins like the KPT-415-LF or the KPT-904-LF. Also a chance to demo that smaller K510.

Roy, do you have a setup in Hope somewhere? Is there a "Pro line" retailer in the Southeast anywhere?

jc

Hey Roy...A lot has been posted since you last posted yesterday. Any thoughts on the above?

jc

BOY IS THAT A LOADED QUESTION!!

i agree with what ben said. and i will add some to it. i have never understood the need to discourage someone (a grownup no less; deano you are grown, right?) from something that they have pretty much decided to do. and you also get, that the opinons were not asked for!! what a bonus!! and to just present opinons as fact as the basis for your position. wow!!

jc, i think deano is making a well informed decision. he obviously is going for the sound cause the 402 or the 510 ain't meant for the wife or even the ex-wife. the finish we offer is texture black which is cool with the rock chicks but not the wife or the ex mother in law. i totally want to make sure that deano has no buyers remorse so i will be in touch with him to make sure that he milks the system for every ounce of listening bliss that it is capable of. if he wants it pretty, he is a big boy!! he will pretty it up.....

my conclusion, jub envy is real and is a terrible thing to watch....

as a wise man once said, "that's all i have to say about that."

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Speaking of the Pro Cinema line, is there any place to go and actually demo this stuff? I would love to hear other things besides the Jubilee bass bins. Such as other bass bins like the KPT-415-LF or the KPT-904-LF. Also a chance to demo that smaller K510.

jc

Hey Roy...A lot has been posted since you last posted yesterday. Any thoughts on the above?

jc

Reasonable question I would like to read the answer to.

Jubilee discussion seems to evolve into some kind of urban legend. Can we get a link to specs, description and photos?

urban legend? you obviously missed the last two hope pilgramages....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

jc

several of the cinema chains install our products; regal, harkins, malco, to name a few. i don't know if we list where there are cinemas with our stuff. give a town and i will see. and you are real lucky that the theaters have low lights.....don't want you to have to stare at them plug ugly, unnecessarily marked up expensive horns all thru the movie.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

It would be nice to know if someone knows.

I have asked this question years ago. Indy Pilgrimage 3 years ago in person as I recall.

I attend 5 different new technology moveie theaters in Greater Detroit and have never seen a Klipsch speaker. I would pay extra for a movie ticket to hear a Klipsch theater speaker.

detroit you say? let me see what i can find out....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Bad Cowboy,

You make assertions, you don't offer any evidence. And your silly retort to anyone who dares to disagree with the legendary genius who is the Bad Cowboy is that everybody is envious of Jubilee owners. If you could only buy a clue.

Bad Cowboy,

You make assertions, you don't offer any evidence. And your silly retort to anyone who dares to disagree with the legendary genius who is the Bad Cowboy is that everybody is envious of Jubilee owners. If you could only buy a clue.

i did. but i took it back... it was defective.....

have a blessed day,

roy "the legendary bad cowboy genius until he wakes up" delgado

Dean hasn't heard Jubilees, so he's not buying them because he likes the sound. He's buying them because he thinks he'll like the sound--and he probably will as long as he just buys the bass cabinet. Putting together his own top should be ideal for him as far as tinkering goes because he'll have countless permutations available for him, more than enough to make his brain reel.

He's not going to be happy with the looks, though, and you can take that to the bank.

The man-hours (may very well be woman-hours in this case) of building a Jubilee bass bin should be less than for the Klipschorn. The Klipschorn has a lot of little pieces in it to cut. The Jubilees that you guys are getting don't even have crossover networks. And then you've got no finished top at all, not even a front like the old Khorn Decorator models. How do the prices compare?

Nope! Not A Single Bit Of Guesswork Involved. Are You Denying That The Khorn Is A More Difficult Build? Are You Denying That Crossover Networks Are Not Included? Are You Denying The Top Is Not Finished? Just What Are You Trying To Say Here?

that you are wrong!!

facts are friendly!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

i'm in the eight year of the sixth grade......why? need me to get you a date? Curious comment.

Sorry Roy but you appear to be missing the point that you ( or anyone else from Klipsch) provide little to no factual inforamtion in a summarized concise manner about the Jubilee.

I am out of the country on business 6-10 days a month; I cannot do the detective work to follow various threads to understand the Jubillee design and associated performance. As a Klipsch customer I have no oppurtunity to digest a cohesive sales and marketing "fact sheet" that would encourage me to consider this speaker.

you are kidding right? no factual information? gee let's see: curves (check), network schematics (check), active filter settings (check), delay settings (check), countless other "real" discussions about the jub (check), wrote an aes article that is available by gil and others on the forum (check), setup not one but two demonstrations of the jub with passives and with actives (check), am available for the serious person wanting to get into jubs (check), will answer "serious" qeustions about jubs (check), have never turned down anyone on pm, emails at home or work with questions, comment, suggestions about the jub (check)......wait you're right. i haven't been diligent.......i am turning in my horn in the morning....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Well we know how good Richard's sound with the big 402....it is getting interesting as others are trying different top sections and networks. In a couple of months we'll have more opinions as those are built and fielded. There's no doubt about the flexibility of the Jub.

I think some may know by now I have JCs Jub clones. No...not the real thing, but reasonably close I speculate. I am in the process of putting together K31 - K55/Altec 511 - K77 systems using 3-way with the new ALK ES600 passives....to start all this. I'm only missing a couple of more items and I will have it together in a few days.

Basically, the Jub clone vs. Khorn shootout is on the horizon to occur in my basement in another week or two.....

I have a lot of interest in this comparison as I have not had the opportunity to hear such speakers side by side.

Dean hasn't heard Jubilees, so he's not buying them because he likes the sound. He's buying them because he thinks he'll like the sound--and he probably will as long as he just buys the bass cabinet. Putting together his own top should be ideal for him as far as tinkering goes because he'll have countless permutations available for him, more than enough to make his brain reel.

He's not going to be happy with the looks, though, and you can take that to the bank.

and is it time for deano to take his medicine?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Well we know how good Richard's sound with the big 402....it is getting interesting as others are trying different top sections and networks. In a couple of months we'll have more opinions as those are built and fielded. There's no doubt about the flexibility of the Jub.

I think some may know by now I have JCs Jub clones. No...not the real thing, but reasonably close I speculate. I am in the process of putting together K31 - K55/Altec 511 - K77 systems using 3-way with the new ALK ES600 passives....to start all this. I'm only missing a couple of more items and I will have it together in a few days.

Basically, the Jub clone vs. Khorn shootout is on the horizon to occur in my basement in another week or two.....

I have a lot of interest in this comparison as I have not had the opportunity to hear such speakers side by side.

very cool! and no i did not know you got jc's clones! i really would like to hear your comments and no, you don't have to be nice!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

"I
am out of the country on business 6-10 days a month; I cannot do the
detective work to follow various threads to understand the Jubillee
design and associated performance. As a Klipsch customer I have no
oppurtunity to digest a cohesive sales and marketing "fact sheet" that
would encourage me to consider this speaker."

Perhaps this is what you want to read.

Bob

AES-Jubilee.pdf