Dean's at it Again!!!

meagain

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Craig, what dimensions SHOULD a proper Khorn or Jubilee listening room be?

You work at Klipsch why don't you tell me??

I'm pretty sure by now that Michael has adopted the Cannon Principle: "A room is too small if you can't get the speaker through the door."

So this means your not going to get Jub's correct?? I mean come on Dean a Chain Saw should not be a required acoustic tuning tool.

So - Do Craig's LaScalas sound better than Dean's khorns? Or does Craig think so?

I am the only one on earth who has heard my system in my home, Craig's system in Craig's home, AND Dean's system in Dean's home. That means I am the only one of us three who knows what he's talking about; the other two are speculating.

So - Do Craig's LaScalas sound better than Dean's khorns? Or does Craig think so?

I am the only one on earth who has heard my system in my home, Craig's system in Craig's home, and Dean's system in Dean's home. That means I am the only one of us three who knows what he's talking about; the other two are speculating.

Soooo fill us in on who has the best system????

I have to admit that Craig makes a good point here. Why should he essentially be writing a Klipsch owner's manual for free? He's not an employee and I'm sure he doesn't want whoever does that at Klipsch to be replaced.

I'm pretty sure by now that Michael has adopted the Cannon Principle: "A room is too small if you can't get the speaker through the door."

'Cannon Principle' [:D][Y] Dig it!

i find this talk of small room/med room/large room/men's room kinda of interesting. it seems that no one is taking into account the directivity of the system. and i don't mean just jubs; just directivity in general. a tightly controlled pattern greatly reduces involving the room. i have heard low directivity systems and high directivity systems in all kinds of room and those with high/controlled directivity are not as bothered with size of the room that much. now if you are talkling low end gain, small room can give excellent loading thus increasing how low the system will go, so again a small room can be an advantage. when i was playing with car stereo, in reg cab s-10 pickup, the bass loading started at around 200 hz, so with more air, that moves down. i think that dean is not taking a step backards.....i think he will doing a soft shoe jig!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

What the heck would you know you only work at Klipsch for pete's sake.... I'm talking in the real world not in your lab or is that a S-10 pickup truck..

oh i guess i bow down at your altar oh over-inflated ego one!! forgive me!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

ps. the book.....how to win friends and how to influence people....read it......know it.....live it......

pss. what is that "L" on your forehead for?

post-19669-13819321875172_thumb.gif

Paul, you heard my Khorns when I first got them, I don't even think I had them pushed into the corners -- pulled back out and waiting for me to find the time to do something with them. Besides, they're a completely different speaker now anyways-- they sound almost as good as the RF-7's.:) BTW, I never really noticed this before, but you squeal like a downed parakeet when you're on the receiving end of things.

Craig, you've developed this uncanny ability to take something really simple and turn it into a complete mess. I'm glad I've been able to impart that special gift to you.:)

Well Roy, I tried to explain to Craig that I was going to less speaker instead of more speaker because I'm dropping two drivers off my top sections, but he didn't buy it. I understand the directivity thing, I've gone over that issue in my mind quite a bit over the last few months. BTW, I hope you realize Craig's response to you was also somewhat tongue in cheek. He normally only abuses people he knows somewhat. He's not like Paul, who tends to abuse everyone whether he knows them or not.

Now Paul, I have to say in that post on the last page, Craig said a lot of things that I actually agree with. One thing is certainly true, I'll never get the vast and expansive soundstage in my room that you have in yours. OTOH, I'll never see the problem you have either -- the 40 foot female vocalist with a mouth the size of a two car garage.

yea he makes me laugh!! [:D]

but i would prefer tongue out of mouth or brain in head; which ever is more beneficial.....

soooooooooooo.

you gonna get the sticking jubs or not?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Paul, you heard my Khorns when I first got them, I don't even think I had them pushed into the corners -- pulled back out and waiting for me to find the time to do something with them. Besides, they're a completely different speaker now anyways-- they sound almost as good as the RF-7's.:) BTW, I never really noticed this before, but you squeal like a downed parakeet when you're on the receiving end of things.

True, I heard your Klipschorns when they sounded good, before you bastardized them with aftermarket drivers. Of course initially we had SET amps hooked up to them, so they sounded like overcooked spaghetti.

Then after we put in real amps, I was mostly worried about the high SPLs vibrating your handguns so much that one of us would get shot.