Dean's at it Again!!!

meagain

Dean, Craig call me looney too but I have heard them 2 years in a row and was smitten the first time around (Curse you Bidcaw Boy[:o]) The Jubs are the finest 2 way speaker I have ever heard and the first pair of speakers I ever bought myself was the Advent Largers which until I heard the Jubs held the coveted 2 way trophy in my book but for their size second place ain't bad[:P]

IMHO Dean is about to buy the last pair of speakers he'll ever need or probably want[;)] Can I get an Amen Coytee and Mike 2A3[A]

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ki, I know longer have the original parts, but I know where they all are. Speakerfritz bought my motorboards and horns, and he's already emailed me graciously offering to sell them back to me. Joe Auwen has my drivers and networks stuffed in a closet somewhere. I think I sold Joe those parts for $1100. I think Fritz spent $250 or so on the motorboards/grills -- that's where I came up with the $1400 figure to revert them back. I suppose I'd do it someone asked me too, but I think it's a step backwards.

Yep, I've been moving equipment into my new workshop and made sure I put the AK-4s aside in case you needed them back... [:D]

Dean,

As you know I am very interested in these and should be in a position to get them the end of February. Unfortunately, I live in central Florida and the gas alone on my truck would probably run me $350 round trip. Anybody traveling from Ohio to Disneyland anytime in the next 3 months?

If I were to get them I would want the false corners as I only have 1 corner at the moment. I'll look at the threads posted above and do some reading.

Mike

Mike...Dean...

I am probably not in the middle per se' however, I'd offer my place as a meeting spot. Give you both a chance to hear the mighty Jubilees (as they're supposed to sound with the plug ugly horn) and you could swap the Khorns over here. Dean could drive them down and Mike could take them home.

I could put you both up overnight so you could get a fresh start home in the morning. Might even let you take Chloe for her walk in the field. Just be aware of yardbombs.

That had to be a fun trip seti. I like the looks of those. I will always pick something mechanical looking over the pretty stuff. Must be my gear-head upbringing.

I know a little about JBL horn drivers but nothing about Altec other than a pair of Flamencos that I owned for a short time. Question is, are the mids / highs handled by a Klipsch product usually? For sure from the factory but do most guys change these? Good to go out of the box per say?

Can I get an Amen Coytee and Mike 2A3[A]

Amen Brother!

As I told Rich in Texas.. (after he said he gets bored with speakers after something like 3-5 years) I told him that the Jubilees were clearly not for him then because they'd easily last him 15 years before he got bored.

[H]

That sounds like fun Richard (and fair), I just don't know what I would use to get them down there. And then, what if I heard them and then decided to drive home with my Klipschorns while you guys are still sleeping, lol.:)

Lee -- Mike did express interest in the last thread, and followed up with an email. So, let me talk with Mike and get a better handle on what's on his mind. If I don't get a firm commitment from Mike, then we can talk.

Joe, do you by chance still have the K-55-X and K-77-F drivers?

Dean, Craig call me looney too but I have heard them 2 years in a row and was smitten the first time around (Curse you Bidcaw Boy[:o]) The Jubs are the finest 2 way speaker I have ever heard and the first pair of speakers I ever bought myself was the Advent Largers which until I heard the Jubs held the coveted 2 way trophy in my book but for their size second place ain't bad[:P]

IMHO Dean is about to buy the last pair of speakers he'll ever need or probably want[;)] Can I get an Amen Coytee and Mike 2A3[A]

BIG AMEN!!!![;)]

kaiser SET: Did you know that later I learned that bodcaw boy was "fishing" at the Hope Pilgrimage and his Bait was a Jubilee and he hooked me the first Time I Heard Them![:P]

mike tn

Dean,

As you know I am very interested in these and should be in a position to get them the end of February. Unfortunately, I live in central Florida and the gas alone on my truck would probably run me $350 round trip. Anybody traveling from Ohio to Disneyland anytime in the next 3 months?

If I were to get them I would want the false corners as I only have 1 corner at the moment. I'll look at the threads posted above and do some reading.

Mike

Mike...Dean...

I am probably not in the middle per se' however, I'd offer my place as a meeting spot. Give you both a chance to hear the mighty Jubilees (as they're supposed to sound with the plug ugly horn) and you could swap the Khorns over here. Dean could drive them down and Mike could take them home.

I could put you both up overnight so you could get a fresh start home in the morning. Might even let you take Chloe for her walk in the field. Just be aware of yardbombs.

Becareful....I been to Coytee's place. Highway turns to secondary road, then to single lane paved road, then to gravel road, then to dirt road. there's a big lake on the way, etc. Once he gets your equipment and cash at his house, your bodies will never be found.

DeanG said:

Well, most of this ride from the beginning has been kind of like that. I didn't hear any of my drivers or a lot of the gear I've purchased in the past until I actually put it in the system. I mean, that's part of the fun, and part of the motivation is the curiosity. Finally, the Jubilee bottoms are a means to an end. You can't really play with the large format drivers with the Klipschorn because the bass bin doesn't go high enough. I may never end up with a sound that I think is subjectively better then I have now, but that isn't the only factor here. It's a hobby, and I like to play -- and it's not likely that I will end up with a sound that's worse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In all seriousness Dean I believe all the reasons youv'e given makes complete since. Your right this is a hobby and it should be enjoyed and for many of us its about the experiences that we have that make it fun and interesting.

One other thought/observation is that many of us in this hobby are always curious if it can be better and we will always be looking for any advance we can make in sound reproduction because it's in our nature and it's a good thing! Heck even PWK was that way and thankfully we now have the Jubilee because of this nature. The great thing about the Jubilee as I see it is you have a solid platform/foundation to build on whatever you might choose to do later.

mike tn[:)]

Lee -- Mike did express interest in the last thread, and followed up with an email. So, let me talk with Mike and get a better handle on what's on his mind. If I don't get a firm commitment from Mike, then we can talk.

Dean,

Fair enough, Rent a box van to carry the Khorns to Coytee's, you might want to take someone with you to help load the Jub's while there sleeping[;)]

Lee

That sounds like fun Richard (and fair), I just don't know what I would use to get them down there. And then, what if I heard them and then decided to drive home with my Klipschorns while you guys are still sleeping, lol.:)

Or double worse... what if you decided to drive home with your Klipschorns AND MY Jubilees?

[:o] [:o] [:o] [:o] [:o] [:o]

I WOULD have to send Chloe after you to kick your a##

[Z]...[&]

Now you know why I stipulated that the winner is the one that still has people sitting in their chairs after a half hour of listening.:)

That is not fair at all....... we know your bringing your son to Indy and he could with stand being 2' from a jet engine and not wince a bit[;)] You could crank it up to a 140db and he would just begin to show signs of cracking a smile LMAO!!!!

Becareful....I been to Coytee's place. Highway turns to secondary road, then to single lane paved road, then to gravel road, then to dirt road. there's a big lake on the way, etc. Once he gets your equipment and cash at his house, your bodies will never be found.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you SO ruined my diabolical plans...

[8o|]

Fair enough, Rent a box van to carry the Khorns to Coytee's, you might want to take someone with you to help load the Jub's while there sleeping[;)]

Lee

Seems there is more than one on this forum...with a diabolical mind.

Richard, LOL -- it might be easier to hire Brennen to stand behind one of my speakers and run a sazaw while they're playing. You asked the same thing Craig asked, why go from a known to an unknown. Well, most of this ride from the beginning has been kind of like that. I didn't hear any of my drivers or a lot of the gear I've purchased in the past until I actually put it in the system. I mean, that's part of the fun, and part of the motivation is the curiosity. Finally, the Jubilee bottoms are a means to an end. You can't really play with the large format drivers with the Klipschorn because the bass bin doesn't go high enough. I may never end up with a sound that I think is subjectively better then I have now, but that isn't the only factor here. It's a hobby, and I like to play -- and it's not likely that I will end up with a sound that's worse.

True very true it is fun to try new things. But the fun to me would stop when I throw at least $3000 out the friggin window in the process. You may not think you have a chance to step backwards in sound but I think you have a huge possibilty of just that. Hell I still think you made a serious mistake when you bought the Khorn's for that echo chamber you call a room[;)] I bet the RF-7's sounded better.

Craig