Dean's at it Again!!!

meagain

Dean, Craig call me looney too but I have heard them 2 years in a row and was smitten the first time around (Curse you Bidcaw Boy[:o]) The Jubs are the finest 2 way speaker I have ever heard and the first pair of speakers I ever bought myself was the Advent Largers which until I heard the Jubs held the coveted 2 way trophy in my book but for their size second place ain't bad[:P]

IMHO Dean is about to buy the last pair of speakers he'll ever need or probably want[;)] Can I get an Amen Coytee and Mike 2A3[A]

Have you ever heard a pair 2 foot apart??? Those speakers are designed to have some breathing room. Of course that means little in this case since the nut did the same thing with Khorns. I guess if the only criteria here is pinning your ears back then yea they should do nicely.

Craig

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you ever heard a pair 2 foot apart??? Those speakers are designed to have some breathing room. Of course that means little in this case since the nut did the same thing with Khorns. I guess if the only criteria here is pinning your ears back then yea they should do nicely

Don't forget he'll probably be using that wimpy K502 (?) horn. [6] (if the K402 is plug ugly, what is the K502?) [;)]

That will buy him some additional "apparent space" since it is so small. I also enjoyed that pair of Heresy's sitting on top of them which ALSO sounded fabulous. What was different about that was I could really stretch their legs (bass bins) a LOT more than I can with the 402 on top. I really enjoyed the sound with the H2's on top!

I thought it was the K-501. I just call it The Little Horn that Could.

Hate to disappoint Craig, but there's no replacement for displacement. Two 12s running with a 2" compression driver will have less distortion than a single 15 and a 1" compression driver. It's not just about output. I also don't think I'll have much problem dialing the top in to suit my taste. You're wrong about my room too. The only thing you're right about is the beating I'm going take on this deal. Finally, I'd just like to say that you can kiss my ***.:)

Lee, it's doubtful I'm going to haul these things to Coytee's. I don't want to shell out for the rental, don't really have the time, and these days I'm very short on energy.

I thought it was the K-501. I just call it The Little Horn that Could.

Hate to disappoint Craig, but there's no replacement for displacement. Two 12s running with a 2" compression driver will have less distortion than a single 15 and a 1" compression driver. It's not just about output. I also don't think I'll have much problem dialing the top in to suit my taste. You're wrong about my room too. The only thing you're right about is the beating I'm going take on this deal. Finally, I'd just like to say that you can kiss my ***.:)

Lee, it's doubtful I'm going to haul these things to Coytee's. I don't want to shell out for the rental, don't really have the time, and these days I'm very short on energy.

You will probably need me to kiss your *** or at least wipe it as I'm visiting you in the hospital after you break your friggin back trying to shoe horn those speakers up your steps and around that tight corner. Dean at the first floor landing with a jubilee base bin on top is a ugly vision. If that doesn't send you into the hospital the dissapointment in the total lack of improved sound will land you in the funny farm for sure. In your size room the distortion spec difference is just techno babble there will be no audible difference in distortion since the actually distortion difference isn't worth mentioning at any normal persons listening levels. Oh wait a minute I'm talking to Dean...........

If there is no replacement for displacement why not go all the way. Hell you know you will end up at this point anyway just skip on forward.

400x400.aspx

gee deano,

i thought that you were getting these speakers for yourself........oh wait.....YOU ARE!!

for a minute there, i thought........you want to know what jubs sound like......here put your ear up to the computer speaker......heaven.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

ps. you said a$$.........[:#]

Another one blazing the trail toward Jubilees! More power to you.

Whoever gets these Klipschorns will be lucky indeed. Personally I have always had a difficulty when I get new and better speakers. I am just not able to let go of the old ones. Of course my house is now bursting at the seams ....

Good Luck,

-Tom

" Have you ever heard a pair 2 foot apart??? Those speakers are designed to have some breathing room. Of course that means little in this case since the nut did the same thing with Khorns. I guess if the only criteria here is pinning your ears back then yea they should do nicely."

You know Craig, everybody had the same missconception of K-Horns in a small room until they were swayed in the small room at Hope last year[^o)]

Granted they need more than 2' but I would venture to say a pair of jubs in a 16 X 20 room would sound quite nice and of course anyone could crank the volume on up to solid distortion levels but why when a couple good watts would suffice very well[:o]

I know you LOVE Dean but give the man a chance as we'd all do the same for you[A]

Not bad JJK, that's kind of how I look at it too.

Ironically, Craig has all the mistakes in his system that I have in mine, but somehow he thinks his sounds great and mine sounds bad.:) I also have speakers sitting in what most would call 'a room' -- I'm not sure what you'd call where his are sitting. Your turn Craig.:)

Sorry about the 'a' word Roy, but Craig is a little obtuse and you have to add some pepper into the language, preferably lot's of three and four letter type words to help get the point across. I will get in by the nail scarred hands, but I'm pretty sure as soon as I get there they will want to cut my tongue out.:)

You know Craig, everybody had the same missconception of K-Horns in a small room until they were swayed in the small room at Hope last year[^o)]

I agree. I had both LaScala and khorns on the same wall width & same room. Khorns better = boom boom. :)

Hey guys, there's nothing to congratulate me for yet. I don't have them yet and I've tried this before. The only difference now is I'm not going to give up until it's done.

Shawn, O.K., K-510, now I've got it. The mouth of that horn doesn't look big enough for a 500Hz cutoff. You think Roy borrowed PK's horn roundabout calculator from his desk drawer?

Dean,

"The mouth of that horn doesn't look big enough for a 500Hz cutoff."

Both of these are 500hz horns.....

DSCN0001.JPG

As far as if the K510 gets down to 500hz, the marker is at 500hz.

DSCN0006.JPG

From 500 to 10kHz the horn/driver measures flatter then some amps. Amps as measured into a reactive load, not a resistor.

Shawn

Interesting.

It'll be cheaper (hence easier for me these days) to get a horn/driver that goes down to 300Hz than to find a bass horn that goes up to 500Hz (or 400Hz for that matter). Of course, then you also need to find something that makes you happy from 7 or 8KHz on up...

I'm also losing my mind trying to actually find decent Altec 290/292. Good times...

Ben,

"to get a horn/driver that goes down to 300Hz than to find a bass horn that goes up to 500Hz (or 400Hz for that matter). "

I think Roy said the K402 loads down to around 350hz. I don't know how the various drivers would respond crossed that low. Though it would be worth a try if that is what you are looking for. The 44xt I'm using is rated for 50w or 100w continuous (depending upon the spec sheet) with a second order crossover at 500hz with peak power rating of 200w. In a home situation it would probably be fine to 350hz if crossed over fairly steeply... assuming it has the response to there.

There are other horns rated to 300hz of course too. Numerous Altec's for example.

"Of course, then you also need to find something that makes you happy from 7 or 8KHz on up..."

Unless of course you go two way. ;)

Shawn