How many hours a day/ week do you work?

tommyboy

i get paid for 40!!...how many do i work?........since momma amy might see....no comment....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

So, is Amy whipping the crack?

(That's what my North American neighbor here at the office said one day. What he really meant was Crack The Whip, but we tease the crap out of him whenever we get a chance.)

A question I have is how many hours per day/week/whatever are you on the forum, while you are getting paid to do something else? I envy folks who can do that. It's not a luxury for carpenters...

• Moderators

i get paid for 40!!...how many do i work?........since momma amy might see....no comment....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

So, is Amy whipping the crack?

(That's what my North American neighbor here at the office said one day. What he really meant was Crack The Whip, but we tease the crap out of him whenever we get a chance.)

Nah, Amy's been under the weather. I hope you guys have been behaving (although I'm sure Roy hasn't been)

under the weather? that's one of those phrases that i don't get. under the weather.....let's see the rain falls upon my head.....check.....the snow falls upon my head.......check.......the sunlight falls upon my head.......check..........the tornado goes over my head.......check...... the hail falls and cracks my head.........check and ouch!........the lightning cracks and lights up my head........check.....so when am i above the weather?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

oh and i almost forgot....i hope you are feeling better mama amy......

• Moderators

I think it's a nautical expression...meaning if someone on a ship is taken ill, they are sent below decks, or "under the weather," not only to stay out of the elements, but because the rocking motion of the ship is felt less below deck. That's the way I understand it.

Oh, and thanks. Your sincerity and concern is overwhelming. [;)]

that's very interesting Amy. I never had a clue about that expression, nor have I ever looked it up. I do know that back in the days of sailing navies that sick bay was in the bow below decks because it was the most uncomfortable place regarding ship motion. This prevented calling in sick unless one was truly ill. Of course officers were probably spared this and at least were able to stay in their quarters. Get well soon!

ok here is the real deal. Lets say we take an avg of 50 hours a week and we work 50 weeks per year. That would be 2500 hours per year. Now for me that would be 32 years I have worked (almost 50). That is 80000 hours of my life. If you take an avg wage over those 80000 hours of 20.00 per hour that equals 1.6 million dollars. I wanna know why I have know money then [:'(]

• Moderators

When I work, about 30 to 40 hours per week. The trick is I only work about a week a month at the most, I like the free time more than the money!

The free time is priceless ! [:D]