Colter's Road-tripping

It's ON for this weekend. A buddy and I will take off Friday at midnight to arrive on the outskirts of Atlanta around 8 am. WIll check out the speakers, then hire a UHaul trailer for the bass bins and stack the horns in the back of his pickup for the ride back to Indy. And he allows smoking in the truck so we'll be lighting up some fat Cubanos as I truck my prized MCM1900's back home!

Mr. Mike,

Ahem.....look at my avatar. Remember? Those are yours and are still packed neatly in my basement. You know I only live 60 miles from Atlanta...where I went to fetch them for you.

So....whatcha gonna do?

You are of course welcome for some hospitality and to come and hear some Khorns vs. Jub clones and everything else I have. Plus....I'll help you get those cabinets out of my house [:D]

Mark, I will yield those MWM-S to the gentleman (with the barn) from the great state of Virginia, was it? I'll be struggling to get those two double bins in a Uhaul trailer. Wasn't it CustomSteve who wanted them first? I'd love to take you up on some hospitality if we have time, will you be home this weekend?

Michael

Mike,

OK I understand. I will find CustomSteve and see what he wants to do. If he doesn't want them I will donate them to one of the many college bands here in Athens. There are a lot of kids here trying to get started and have no money. Someone will make good use of them. I might even install some woofers and make them operational prior.

It looks like the ones you pictured are in much better shape than the ones I am storing anyhow. I can remembeer back in the late 70s a guy we grew up with would throw parties and he had a stack similar to those. The parties were always outdoors and the sound was spectacular. I'm sure those will be worth the drive.

Mike I will be home this weekend, and if you get a chance you are always welcome to swing by and hang. I have a bunch of stuff to listen to and some munchies and refreshments will be on hand. I know you are traveling quite a distance. I will email you my address and phone number and you can make a mapquest map. That would be easiest. Just give me a call and let me know your plans.

Have a safe trip.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I read this thread all the way through, it's Friday morning.

Is it too late to offer you a room at the "Hotel Greenback"?? The accommodations suck but the music is killer!

I might add...as you are busting north/south on I-75, I'm only about 18 miles east of the Lenoir City exit which you will pass by. You're welcome to detour by if you want, even if it's just for a coke & a listen.

How do these ridiculously sized monsters compare to a khorn or jubilee?

Colter - have you considered selling off your litany of extra speakers? Cuz I'd think you'd have enough cash to buy Jubes or something? Esp. if you get an employee discount? And, I'm still curious where you'd put all these sets of 7 foot wide speakers in your home? I can't imagine?

So you going or not? Your like a teen on his first car date parked... Do I kiss her.... or not? hahahaha

Also remember you have to go 50- 55 MPH too... Watch in through Chattanooga...

I think a lot of us wish in a way they were going... And that smile on your face when Fired up!

You have to have these up for the K weekend??? And you have older amps already to drive em. ROCK ON DUDE!!!

Thanks for the well wishes all! And thanks for the Borat movie last night Indy- those KS525's SMOKE as surrounds, can't wait to hear a Bond flick on them.

I'm off to dream land at 6:15 pm, going to wakies around midnight and hit the road.

I LOVE the road.

Michael

I just called Michael for his wake up call... He is very much awake already, and excited!! He sounds like a little kid going to Disneyland to meet MICKEY MOUSE!!!

In a way, this is every sound mans dream system... (well if you like BIG speakers with BIG sound too!!!)

ROCK ON BABY!!!!!

Drive safe and be careful...

I said something I pointed out to him last night. "Michael, the best thing about you right now is you came from one of us here on the BB forum then later went to becoming a "goodwill ambassador of Klipsch info" to many on here. Then later you were hired by Klipsch.... But deep down you never forgot your child like wonderment and excitement to this great company and audio hobby... Your still a BIG KID!! hahahaha He laughed too! Your employed yes.. By klipsch... but your still deep down .. one of us! And that's what makes it, and you, fun!

I've always called my system the MCCM system, but I can't find any info about that anywhere, so I could be wrong about that.

I thought the MCM system was a 3-way and when the MSSM mid-bass cabinet was added, it became the MCCM.

Any Klipsch employees up to doing some research?

Greg

post-11090-13819326496546_thumb.jpg