Colter's Road-tripping

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ok, someone had it right earlier. I have a deal struck on a pair of MCM stacks. But need to drive 1000 miles, pulling a trailer for half of it and no storage space when I get it home.

There, now I feel better. Most of my secrets are out

Hey, wait a minute, I win again!!!

Michael Colter's Magnificent 1900's (think big . . . not a woman . . . . .or a guy . . . )

and . . .

I correctly identified your Heresy stacks . . . .

When do I win my KP-201 prize???

And what about the rest of your secrets????????

• 2 weeks later...

It's ON for this weekend. A buddy and I will take off Friday at midnight to arrive on the outskirts of Atlanta around 8 am. WIll check out the speakers, then hire a UHaul trailer for the bass bins and stack the horns in the back of his pickup for the ride back to Indy. And he allows smoking in the truck so we'll be lighting up some fat Cubanos as I truck my prized MCM1900's back home!

post-10755-13819326412276_thumb.jpg

Yup, those are the double bass bins MWM that will contain 2x K43 each, the single 10" into straight horn mid-bass module, the horn with FOUR x K55 into manifold, and 5x Piezo tweeters.

This will nearly complete my AL trim collection, I'll have MCM, LSI, HIP, only need the HSM for the complete set.

It's about 1000 miles and we're going non-stop down, pickup, return.

Now i REALLY need that barn!

Michael

This is a stack recently purchased by a gentleman in Montana- mine will look somewhat like this except a single double 15 cabinet MWM instead of the MWM-S singles. Yeah, it's about 6' tall to the top of the tweeters! The bass bin is nearly 7 feet wide and 4 feet deep.

post-10755-13819326412666_thumb.jpg

Michael,

When you rent, ask for the Business Class rate- which is much cheaper...............jmho.

Really, do they have such a thing? I'll need an enclosed trailer that is 4x7 flat on the floor (no wheelwells) and 6' in clear interior height.

It's ON for this weekend. A buddy and I will take off Friday at midnight to arrive on the outskirts of Atlanta around 8 am. WIll check out the speakers, then hire a UHaul trailer for the bass bins and stack the horns in the back of his pickup for the ride back to Indy. And he allows smoking in the truck so we'll be lighting up some fat Cubanos as I truck my prized MCM1900's back home!

Mr. Mike,

Ahem.....look at my avatar. Remember? Those are yours and are still packed neatly in my basement. You know I only live 60 miles from Atlanta...where I went to fetch them for you.

So....whatcha gonna do?

You are of course welcome for some hospitality and to come and hear some Khorns vs. Jub clones and everything else I have. Plus....I'll help you get those cabinets out of my house [:D]

So when you gonna start renting out the PA Mr. Colter dude? I would be all over that on the weekends - talk about a lot of fun. Aren't there any punk college kids down there in need of a PA and wanting to learn how to use it?

Mr. Mike,

Ahem.....look at my avatar. Remember? Those are yours and are still packed neatly in my basement. You know I only live 60 miles from Atlanta...where I went to fetch them for you.

So....whatcha gonna do?

You are of course welcome for some hospitality and to come and hear some Khorns vs. Jub clones and everything else I have. Plus....I'll help you get those cabinets out of my house [:D]

Mark, I will yield those MWM-S to the gentleman (with the barn) from the great state of Virginia, was it? I'll be struggling to get those two double bins in a Uhaul trailer. Wasn't it CustomSteve who wanted them first? I'd love to take you up on some hospitality if we have time, will you be home this weekend?

Michael

this has gotten way past ridiculous. I'm not in a band,I don't work for a band. What on EARTH am I thinking?

btw, can anyone figure out how to shoehorn those stacks into a 5x8 Uhaul trailer? The door isn't but 4-10 or so, so it looks like one of the bass bins will be taking up the pickup bed and the other the bed of the trailer with all the other 4 horns around it. Think it'll fit?

M

MCM club:

Jim Hunter

Greg928

Colter

Dave in Washington State

I know of 4 more stacks for sale that Dave is probably picking up.

I need passive crossover networks if anyone has any spares lying about,otherwise I'll have to pick up the soldering iron, and God know what might happen then!

Anyone else?