Starting over and a question

Tom Adams

• Moderators

Good luck Tom, it sounds like your heading in the right direction, take some time for yourself.

Things will get better, as much as we fool ourselves we are really not the one in control, and all things happen for a reason.

Good luck and check in hear as often as you feel comfortable, as you know there are many good people here. If your ever in the area let us know, or if you just want to talk.

Sorry to hear about your rough time Tom, but it sounds like God has allowed it for a greater good. James 1 always comes to mind when I hear about stuff like this.

As far as the HT...are you selling the completed system as part of the house? Is this something you could ask your future buyers want they want to do?

how about some nice Synergy speakers in place so the house would sell and you could keep your Heritage? The next buyer is more than likely not going to care what is in there so long as it is 'a home theatre'. I bet between the guys we could come up with 5 speakers for you to install.

how about some nice Synergy speakers in place so the house would sell and you could keep your Heritage? The next buyer is more than likely not going to care what is in there so long as it is 'a home theatre'. I bet between the guys we could come up with 5 speakers for you to install.

I'm heading to Hilton Head in about 24 hours, so if you're really fast, I can load them up & deliver them to him!

[ap]

Tom,

Thanks for sharing about this season you've been in. Some things of true significance here. I like the way you are thinking, too.

Keep hanging in there. The journey is where we live our lives, for better or worse, it goes by all too fast.

I have never met anyone, and I've listened to hundreds share their life experience, not one person who regretted living their life for God.

This is indeed a great place. I've met some of the best people I know on the forum.

Peace to you.

Can't promise a trip up your way, but I will definitely keep you in mind. If I recall about where you live in Tennessee, your place would make for a good one day ride. Hmmmm.......my brains gears are turning. [:)]

Thanks Coytee.

Tom

I'm in Bluffton today, so can only check in every now & then. LEaving back to TN in couple hours.

Knowing a roadtrip for you isn't probable...I just thought I'd mention that it's about 450 miles from my door to Hilton Head.

[:)]

Tom,

So sorry to be out of touch; the last three weeks have been insane. But I am deeply saddened by this news. I have been there with an ex-wife and two beautiful daughters. Sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we want. I CAN tell you, though, that in the long run, with the strong faith that you now feel, you will be in a good place.

It was so great to see just a few weeks ago. I think of you often as I pass by Gulfstream @ Savannah airport. It is too bad that you need to sell your place but it wouldn't be the same without your family in it. Best to move on and create a new place for new memories.

Yesterday, Coytee came by and it was wonderful meeting him. He's a very astute guy with a warm edge (and a great sense of good speakers). I was BUMMED beyond words that my Danley crashed last week. I'm not sure if it's the amp or the driver, but Richard was very helpful trouble-shooting and I know it's on the Danley side of things that we have problems.

FYI, we're selling our business on 4/1 and will probably be leaving HHI. It's hard to describe, but there is a dark side to this beautiful community and we kind of need to move west again. We'll finish the remodel of the house and put it on the market. I'm poking around for jobs now in the Dallas area so hopefully we'll be there by year-end.

Tom, you're a great guy. I remember how these things make us second-guess ourselves to no end. I can tell by looking in your eyes you are a sincere person. I'm sure you'll do well in life, although it may not seem so swell right now. Your faith in God will take you a long way.

God bless you and yours.

Chris

I lived there and know what you mean. It's not everything the magazines have it cracked up to be. There's more crime on the north end of that island and in Bluffton than you would care to know.

My dad is the local crime boss! He's got some chickens in a coop and makes them produce eggs for him or it's Cordon Bleu for dinner!

[:o]

I lived there and know what you mean. It's not everything the magazines have it cracked up to be. There's more crime on the north end of that island and in Bluffton than you would care to know.

My dad is the local crime boss! He's got some chickens in a coop and makes them produce eggs for him or it's Cordon Bleu for dinner!

[:o]

Served at The Squat and Gobble?

Man, just thinking of that place makes me want a Dino's Omlette and corned beef hash.

As far as the crime goes, I don't think it's connected, more like street drugs, shootings, hookers,etc in the neighborhoods near Simmonsville Rd, Buck Island Road, and North End areas like around Wild Horse Road, The Oaks Apartments and surrounding(more mid island actually) but anyway can be very rough. 4 Seasons used to be really bad too but who knows, maybe they cleaned it up. Turn on police scanner on a Saturday night in southern Beaufort County/Hilton Head. You would be shocked.

Tom,

So sorry to be out of touch; the last three weeks have been insane. But I am deeply saddened by this news. I have been there with an ex-wife and two beautiful daughters. Sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we want. I CAN tell you, though, that in the long run, with the strong faith that you now feel, you will be in a good place.

It was so great to see just a few weeks ago. I think of you often as I pass by Gulfstream @ Savannah airport. It is too bad that you need to sell your place but it wouldn't be the same without your family in it. Best to move on and create a new place for new memories.

Yesterday, Coytee came by and it was wonderful meeting him. He's a very astute guy with a warm edge (and a great sense of good speakers). I was BUMMED beyond words that my Danley crashed last week. I'm not sure if it's the amp or the driver, but Richard was very helpful trouble-shooting and I know it's on the Danley side of things that we have problems.

FYI, we're selling our business on 4/1 and will probably be leaving HHI. It's hard to describe, but there is a dark side to this beautiful community and we kind of need to move west again. We'll finish the remodel of the house and put it on the market. I'm poking around for jobs now in the Dallas area so hopefully we'll be there by year-end.

Tom, you're a great guy. I remember how these things make us second-guess ourselves to no end. I can tell by looking in your eyes you are a sincere person. I'm sure you'll do well in life, although it may not seem so swell right now. Your faith in God will take you a long way.

God bless you and yours.

Chris

Thanks for the kind words Chris. Sorry to hear about you selling the business. I know you mentioned that you guys would be doing some self-evaluation, but I kinda got the impression that you were gonna stick it out another year. I too can see in your eye that a decision to sell and move is not an easy one. However, what little I know of you and your wife, your decision is well thought out. I know we only visited a couple of times, but I will miss you. And I'm certainly happy to have met you.

BUT....I am gonna be pissed if you guys leave without coming by and seeing my HT room. And I'm not taking no for an answer! [:)]

Oh - and Mr. Strickland....you're welcome to stop by as well. Hell....any of you are welcome to stop in. [:)]

Tom

....any of you are welcome to stop in.

Oh, great...NOWWWWWWWWWWw you tell me... (we spent most of the day last Friday in Savannah)

Went to that restauraunt "a lady & her 2 boys" (or what ever its called...) guess who got volunteered to stand in line for a couple hours to simply put our name on the list so we could LATER return & eat?

[:P]

Oh - and Mr. Strickland....you're welcome to stop by as well. Hell....any of you are welcome to stop in. [:)]

Tom

Tom,

I may just do that. I have heard from locals of your set up. You see, I bought my RSW 15 from Audio Warehouse in Beaufort just about a year ago almost to the day. We were talking about Klipsch and the guy, I forget his name..a slim, mild mannered guy, told me they were going to set up a projector in the Savannah area and that the customer had these great Heresy's. I of course only know of them from what I have read on the forum but I asked, "hey, is his name Tom Adams" to which he suprisingly replied ..yes. I told him how I knew of them/you and he got a kick out of that. He said they were the only ones you would let touch/set up your new projector. That was the day I listened to that killer McIntosh tube set up they had. Even though running through a pair of B & Ws I was impressed. I could only imagine that amp paired up with some Heritage.