Trey - LaScalla 2 pictures

First off nice set up, looks great. WOW! Second be careful, many here don't think LaScallas need a subwoofer, whatever. I bet your system sounds awesome. Your better off not upgrading equipement but considering room treatments incase you start getting upgrade idis.

To do a quick recap....I was trying to get some Belle's here in central Arkansas and was totally jerked around. Trey is my cousin and we started talking about alternatives and low and behold his guidance led to the LaScalla II's....and then The RT12-d!!!!!! I still need to work on a center channel, I'm using an old Advent that is being stressed out to the max, and my surrounds are some Bose 901's that actually work pretty well.

My electronics............an old Denon AVR1801.........somewhat outdated but it works, plus I'm now in somewhat of a budget crunch.

I am hooked up to a Dish 622.......and the Sirrus radio coming through on the LaScalla"s and sub do sound quite alright in a straight stereo mode......anyway thanks for your thoughts and comments.........

Thanks,

Steve

I am hooked up to a Dish 622.......and the Sirrus radio coming through on the LaScalla"s and sub do sound quite alright in a straight stereo mode......anyway thanks for your thoughts and comments.........

I've been doing that on the jazz stations lately looking for new stuff. New s/w for the 622 is coming out.

also one last note the room is basically a dining area, front foyer and family room all in one.....about 21X28 with 12ft ceilings....the sound is pretty good with nice bass response.

Of course that RT12-d is really best when you throw in a BIG BANG movie......War of the Worlds is pretty neat, also King Kong has some nice moments....

Later,

Steve

Steve: Nice Setup! Congratulations! I love the Les Paul too: You are a man after my own heart: I hope to own a Les Paul of my own someday. I'd heard that new sub really kicks. What do you think of it? -Glenn

Try the Last Samauri with all of the sword play; really makes the mid and high shine, then the Cannons bring out the bass. That movie was great on the LaScala's I had a few years back.

I've had this Toshiba for a little over a year. Just cant seem to get color adjusted right. Anything that has really bright colors are just too hot. Later Bill

I had to throw in a couple of guitars, the Les Paul is a custom shop with a really nice quilted maple top, it looks a lot better close up........the oher is a Rick Turner Model 1 which is a little unusual, he made the first one in the late 70's for Lindsey Buckingham and there has only been probably 350 to 400 or so made in 25 years.

On the sub, I think it really compliments the LaScallas, It seems that some people who are really into all makes of subs seem to bash Klipsch in this area, but it sounds good to my untrained ear and I am happy!

Later,

Steve

That's what I thought: The other guitar was a Rick Turner and I had a feeling that's what Buckingham used to play...and quite well, I might add.

I've never understood some folks bashing Klipsch in general; subs or horns included. I have an RSW-15 Sub and sure, it's very powerful, but the sound coming out of it is warm and mellow, yet still tight, rather than harsh or boomy like some subs seem to sound. I have no desire to change it out for any other sub, either as it's perfectly matched to my reference series system. I dare say, one cannot tell when the bass in my room is coming from the RF-7s up front and when it's coming from the sub, midway back in the room. The transistion is THAT smooth! - Glenn