3 week overview

oldbuckster

Well, it's been over three weeks now since the Scott found a new home, and it's stayin' here. Just unbelievable the sound from a 40+ year old amp, hard to describe. Spent the first 10 or so days just listening to tunes and getting to know the amp. Played many, many, CD's at different volumes, like having a whole new collection...great fun, wasted alot of time when I should be doing other things.....Oh Well ! The first week, home alone, no one telling me to turn it down, great listening experience. Smiled so much my face hurt, but the pain was worth it. Then 3Dzapper comes along with alittle hint about using a Sub Woofer with the Scott and Heresy's...............THANKS Zapper...............So, I get out a spare wire, run it from the Scott to my Sub Woofer, and lo and behold, it works, played around with it, and now I have a sore JAW from when it hit the floor......Are You Kiddin' Me, this set-up sounds awesome.....I thought it sounded good before, again unbelievable. I have a real hard time believing that is my stereo....this son of a buck just flat out rocks. I can't believe more guys here on the forum don't use that set-up......or.....they do, and they keep the results to themselves. All I know, it works for me BIG TIME......what a clean, dead on the money sound....the sound might not be to everyones liking, but for me, and my old ears it's the cat's a$$.........That's exactally what I want my system to sound like, FINALLY..........not saying I've reached the end of the road, but if I died today, I die stereo happy...if that makes any sense................All I can muster up to say is again, THANK YOU GUYS....I don't know what hurts better, my old face from smiling, or my sore jaw from hitting the floor..................ROCK ON DUDES.....................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oldbuckster.......OUT !!!!

SCOTT 299-D..........Heresy II's.........JBL Sub-woofer............The Pit-Bull of Stereo's..............

How can we think of you as the Old Fart,if your smiling all the time? Sweet though! Glad to hear you are really enjoying the amp.

Larry

Guess I should have kept that a secret..................Nah, old farts smile from time to time, don't mind a sore face from smilin', but the jaw is pretty sore. I'm real happy with it......bought a multi-meter and biased it yesterday, it needed it.............Sweet Amp Indeed........Had enough of the mud yet up there yet? I think spring has sprung.......................in the NorthEast.............

How can we think of you as the Old Fart,if your smiling all the time?

I should think it's quite easy no?

[;)]

Wondering where you have been, not bustin' my butt, thought you forgot about me, with all this Jubilee fever spreading............I'm real happy with my good fortune lately, just hope it lasts..................Bass-Boy..............

Buck, glad to read you are enjoying the Scott so much! Craig has really learned how to massage these beasts to wring out all the good stuff under the hood, and the nonbelievers don't know what they are missing.

My two brothers are both back from Bush land - Mike is teaching at West Point and Pat(brown shoe Navy) is up in Maine at a NAS. On the stereo front, karma has washed over me, with recent finds including the set of very good vintage Altec Flamencos, JBL L166 Horizons, and B&O RX2 turntable at three seperate sales for $140. That is how I know we found the perfect person to send the Scott to!

You have deserved this for a long time....long may you run[;)]

Buckster....since you're going through so many cds...would you like some new ones? I have been meaning to cull out some infrequently played cds to make it easier to find the ones I listen to often. This may be a slow process but I could send 10 a month for a while. If you don't want them after a listen...you could donate them to a library or to someone else. Can't promise any are keepers but you never know. PM me with a mailing address if you want them.

Glad you are enjoying the Scott...that was our intention.

Chuck

It is really nice to hear that someone can get so much joy, and happyness from listening to his music. OB that's pretty much how I felt the first time I heard tubes with horns, I couldn't turn it off. My first tube amp was the Scott 299 second edition (NOS VALVES) which I will never sell, I just love the tonally quality of that little amp. Matched up with a pair of Forte II's, I have that same smile on my face every time I turn it on. Thanks Craig, you are the man!!! With his advice and expertise I couldn't be happier with my Scott.

Jay

• Moderators

I am really glad to hear this, when I started reading about the Scott being sent to you, this was the outcome everybody was hoping for.

It couldn't have happened to a better person ! Happy listening.

I am really glad to hear this, when I started reading about the Scott being sent to you, this was the outcome everybody was hoping for.

Dtel, you still taking it easy, bet not.......Hard to teach old dawgs new tricks, we have a hard time with change, but this is a good change. Couldn't be happier, well maybe, if COYTEE gave me his Jubilee's, the Scott is sweet, but the thought behind it is even sweeter..........[:D]..NO[bs]..[Y]

[Couldn't be happier, well maybe, if COYTEE gave me his Jubilee's, the Scott is sweet, but the thought behind it is even sweeter..........[:D]..NO[bs]..[Y]

Dream on PapaBuck!!

Right now I'm afriad the best I can do is let you sleep on the couch in the same room with them, should you swing by for a visit. Your wife/family of course can have the spare bedrooms. Speaking of... have you thought about your trip lately or even at all?

Yes, I have thought about it, nothing written in stone yet, one way or the other.......somethings starting to surface here that I must deal with first. So, how's that for a non-answer ?? It is still a thought.......................Did You plan on sleeping if I come there ?

• Moderators

Dtel, you still taking it easy, bet not.......Hard to teach old dawgs new tricks, we have a hard time with change, but this is a good change. Couldn't be happier, well maybe, if COYTEE gave me his Jubilee's, the Scott is sweet, but the thought behind it is even sweeter..........[:D]..NO[bs]..[Y]

No OB, that taking it easy was great when I felt like crap but the better I felt the more exercise I got. I feel great now and only really have to watch to not pick up really heavy stuff yet.

Really glad you like the Scott, as far as the Jubs, I think you may have a easier time time talking Coytee out of his wife, he is not giving up those big fugly speakers, can't blame him.