DOORS REMASTERED

mmmm Doors, now there's a band I recognize [Y]

Has anyone purchased any of the new albums? Any in particular to steer away from? Or any in particular I should check out? I don't have any of their stuff in my music collection (yet).

This not NEW found old material, or material they held back, or 30+year old material that they are just releashing now, So they must be dogs in the Neil Young school of selling product...............EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr.Who...........the best of the albums, in my opinion are The Doors, Morrison Hotel, and a must have is L.A.Woman.......

OK, I can understand that, but some members took it to heart, way too much.............I NEVER said he sucked, I never said he was no good, I will admit to a comment on his guitar playing, I personally don't care for it, many don't. As I stated before, Neil Young is a part of my musical journey, anyone who listens to Rock has crossed Neil's path, on more than one occasion, He is part of Rock History, no denying that fact. Yes, I've been to Neil's concerts, and YES I've heard the new material, Massey Hall is all acoustic, and I only like so much acoustic Neil, but it is good. I just am not a die-hard fan like yourself, and Doug, that doesn't make me a bad guy, just a guy with different tastes than yours.................EH !!!!!!!!

Now that we got that cleared up, have you noticed many record label companies are now re-releasing old material. Additionally, aren't most of these reproductions originating from overseas? (Europe and the Far East)

Are the original "copyright" holders selling their rights for re-production in 180g format, etc.?

....and just when did this trend begin? Any thoughts?

The original red label Elektra LPs are BY FAR the best sounding Doors albums. They just blow away the later green label reissues or any of their CDs IMHO. I've heard many including the gold discs that are supposed to be so great. Haven't heard the latest stuff though.

Of course you must have a TT to enjoy them.[;)]

Doc - Try their self-titled LP, Morrison Hotel, Strange Days or The Soft Parade (my favorite). All their albums were good and all have songs you'll recognize. They didn't release too many before he died.

The original red label Elektra LPs are BY FAR the best sounding Doors albums. They just blow away the later green label reissues or any of their CDs IMHO. I've heard many including the gold discs that are supposed to be so great. Haven't heard the latest stuff though.

Of course you must have a TT to enjoy them.[;)]

Doc - Try their self-titled LP, Morrison Hotel, Strange Days or The Soft Parade (my favorite). All their albums were good and all have songs you'll recognize. They didn't release too many before he died.

Another person with The Soft Parade as their favorite? I thought I was the only one.

I say get them all. I also agree that there are not that many, so why not have them all? I would stay away from the best of. Also check out An American Prayer. Mostly poetry near the end of Jim.

I will have to look into this. And yes they were decades ahead of their time. I was jamming to them at lunch break last year while in school. This guy comes up and asks who it was; turns out he did some DJ work but did not have a clue who the Doors were. Later Bill

Now that we got that cleared up, have you noticed many record label companies are now re-releasing old material. Additionally, aren't most of these reproductions originating from overseas? (Europe and the Far East)

Are the original "copyright" holders selling their rights for re-production in 180g format, etc.?

....and just when did this trend begin? Any thoughts?

That's all I was trying to say in the other thread, I just happened to use Neil's name. Most of the re releashes, and new Old material is being made in the USA. They have a bunch of it, and my point was, and still is, they waited for the Boomers to get older, and now they releash it. Trust me, it wasn't releashed for teenagers to hear, most don't know Neil, or whomever the product is about, and they don't care to hear it. Before you all write and tell me your 14 year old son is into Neil, they are a small minority, not a big fan base. I'm sure some will come out on Collector Quality Vinyl, and this all started late last year, and is snowballing. Don't tell me it's about giving the consumer more choice, it's about making more money, and if I burn you a copy, I'm a thief..........Profit is what drives companies, no problem, but when is enough, enough? Why Full price, why not a reduced price, CD's are very expensive...and getting more expensive......Don't pay any attention to me, what do I know?.....I know when I'm getting HOSED.................

I for one am glad to see this OB. It is pretty hard to find old lp's like the Doors in good shape because lots were played to death, and cd's just copied on from the old stuff do not sound as good as the lp's or newer recordings meant for cd. The new but cared about re-releases help those of us who don't want to pay "collectible" prices for music to enjoy. They may not be doing it for most teen-agers, but who cares what the target market is? My 20 year old son knows the Doors, could probably name that tune by lyric sample of many of their tunes, so rest assured at least some of us raised our children with a respect for the past. As for burning a copy and being a thief, our good buddy Jeff Matthews said technically this has always been true. I don't care about that either, just do it, we always have anyway.

OK, I can understand that, but some members took it to heart, way too much.............I NEVER said he sucked, I never said he was no good, I will admit to a comment on his guitar playing, I personally don't care for it, many don't. As I stated before, Neil Young is a part of my musical journey, anyone who listens to Rock has crossed Neil's path, on more than one occasion, He is part of Rock History, no denying that fact. Yes, I've been to Neil's concerts, and YES I've heard the new material, Massey Hall is all acoustic, and I only like so much acoustic Neil, but it is good. I just am not a die-hard fan like yourself, and Doug, that doesn't make me a bad guy, just a guy with different tastes than yours.................EH !!!!!!!!

Buck,

Don't even think of backing away in an attempt to not offend! Is or was Neil Young ever a great guitar player? How about his whiney voice? Great singer? Why CS&N ever picked him up is a question that I have asked for decades.

No, you didn't say it... so I will. He sucks. However, "southern man don't need him around"......[;)]

Regards,

Terry

IB, NO Neil is not, was not, a great Guitar player.....but, he's the only one that can play his music, the way he wants it played. Great singer, again I'd have to say, NO........but....Don't we all get in a mood from time to time, and Neil Young is perfect for that mood.......My comments were strictly about marketing, not his talent, but I don't think it came out that way.

They don't sound bad OB, but not great. You would understand if you heard the lp on the Maxxhorn like I did at the bottleheads meet last month. This was just a vintage lp but I am not sure if it was the electra version garymd mentioned, still, it was a treat far and above the cd.

Now that I think about it, even on vinyl, I've never heard a bad sounding Doors album, always great sound. It might be time to go through my Doors, and restock.......Strange Boy that Jim Morrison.........Elektra was the original label they signed with, and their recordings, be it LP, or Tape, were always well done, quality sound..............