Klipschorn for Sale (signed by Paul Klipsch)

Dean

Greetings all,

Some of you may recall a thread regarding these speakers approx 2 years ago. I have waffled back and forth on this for a number of years (speakers have some sentimental value) and at one time posted the speakers on Ebay. After I saw the interest generated in this forum I yanked the auction and am now just re-visting the whole thing. I have no idea what these may be worth hence the posting to this forum. I was hoping someone could help and at least give me a ropugh idea of their value. I have been out of the hi-fi game for some time. I would be happy to awnser any questions but in the meantime here are some details:

1 pair Klipschorn (walnut/black grilles)

Excellent Condition (only ever oiled with linseed oil)

Original cartons (speakers have been packed for +10 years)

Decals both signed by Paul himself

I originally got these speakers in Lahr, Germany while I was Klipsch salesman. Given to me as a bonus for a job well done.

Only ever powered with what I consider to be quality amplification; (Mark Levinson and Adcom).

Thanks for any help.

Dean

Dean,

Welcome to the Form. FYI there is another Dean who posts here also, who also owns Klipschorns..............:>)

Please tell us where you live now, and if possible Post Pictures. (This helps with the sale). Also if you can Post the SN and year of Purchase.

Again, Welcome to the Madness............

Your comments about the "Audio Clubs"............brought a tear to my eyes............such a fantastic selection, at unreal prices!............If I only knew than what I seem to know now.............A Fantastic time at the Patton Audio club![;)]

Even with the "provenance" I have to assume that speaker collectors are not the most prolific group, also assuming that "collectors" and "owner/users" are not the same group, this in itself relegates you to a very small segment of "people in the money". However, the "E-Bay" auction can reach a huge population compared to conventional advertizing and local auctions. It would be interesting to hear what the "Keno Brothers" on Antiques Road Show would have to say about the K-horns. Hell, write them a letter and see what happens.

JJK

Thanks...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Yes I have been going down memory lane here looking at all the photo's etc, checking out some of the products I am not familiar with. I left Klipsch around the time the Tangent series came out. I have many great memories from my hi-fi days. I have been to the factory in Hope on a number of occasions and have had numerous chats with Paul (bless his soul) both in his office and on the road with him in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Germany. This would have been mid-to-late 80's. I should be able to find a few pics of Paul and myself and will post those. My wife also knew Paul as she was at the time the manger of one of the largest hi-fi shops in Europe. I was working for Leisure Trend Marketing at the time and we sold Klipsch products to the Armed Forces overseas. I did work closely with Jack Fontaine (sp?) from Klipsch but I believe he has since moved on, not sure. Anyhow, thanks for the response and when I get a few minutes over the next couple of days I will get some pictures up. The speakers are currently located in Ottawa, Canada.

Dean

Welcome to the Madness Dean! Although it seems you've been a member of it all for some time now. I imagine you've seen your share of Heresies and Tangents through the armed forces sales programs.

Would love to hear some PWK stories when you get a chance to share.

Michael

I too was in Germany during the audio golden years '86-'89 and shopped at the Ramstein AB BX and the Vogelweh BX as well as the Audio Photo Clubs on the bases. I also went to Mainz-Kastel AP where they had a three story building with nothing but audio with a record/CD store on the bottom floor. Most if not all the prominent manufacturer's were represented there.

Every year they had a huge tent sale at Vogelweh, I bought my Klipsch Forte's in 1988 at one of those sales. I would have bought the La Scala's but with all the moving I opted for something smaller.

I remember all the killer gear that they had at the Audio Photo Clubs and you could order what you did not see. I had to custom order an Sansui SE-99 14-Band Computer Controlled Equalizer and the super rare DBX 5BX-DS but got them no problem. With what the 5BX-DS commands these days I should have bought more than one.

Ah the memories!

As a former card collector (and now just authenticated material OR items of value that I purchased myself), I would substantiate your claim w/some sort of dated/supporting documents(story-line). Prospective buyers willing to shell out the $$$ we are speaking of, would most likely require such documentation.

As for value, it is a buyers' market, and I cannot presume to tell you what they are worth. IMHO, if it were me, I would charge 10% above the normal re-sale value.

Even thought PWK is well-renowned, I am not certain that his sig would carry a HIGH PREMIUM. Michael Jordan, on the other hand............[:|]

O, welcome back, and one hellova nice gift!

• 1 year later...