Quitting Smoking

woodsman

Congratulations gaspr.

Quitting while there is another smoker is the house has to be the hardest thing anyone can do.

It takes tremendous will power. As I've said before, you have to DECIDE you're just not going to smoke any more.

Sounds like you've made the decision.

James

Been off the cigs for about six months now...wife still smokes though.

I can relate to that one Gaspr. It's been one year and 4 months for me and my wife continues to smoke. Smoking is such a personal thing that all we can do is hope that they too want to better their health.

I have a half hour left and I put down the cigarettes for good. Or so I hope. No meds. Just going to test myself. I quit for a week - I am buying a set of NOS Tung Sols. Stay quit after that - I sense a new set of speakers and a very happy wife.

Good luck to all of the quiters.

I am down about 25 pounds since January 1. Just got a new CHesapeake Bay Retriever 2 weeks ago to keep me walking more. At 10 weeks, he still is very little. Hope to have him up to a couple of miles per walk by August.

Made it through day 1. Not particularly thrilled about the whole thing myself but I managed it; even managed to chuckle a few times as I watched or felt my body "reach" for a cigarette. I don't know if having your thoughts largely consumed by thinking about having a cigarette or attempting to rationalize to yourself why you should have one is particularly productive. Still, I did notice I wasn't as congested this morning when I woke up. Try to make it through another day now. Man, I should be able to smoke a joint if I can't have a cigarette.

I hope everyone else who quit or is in the process is doing well.

There's a homeless guy at an intersection near my office that always hit me up for a smoke. This morning I jumped out of my car and gave him the 4 unopened packs I've had in my trunk for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I kept them "just in case" but think it was time to get rid of them. They did give me some comfort even though I didn't open them.

There's one happy homeless dude in the DC area this morning though. That was like handing a $20 bill to the guy.

I used to have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. He was a great dog. Very intelligent, very protective, and tough as nails.

Not the easist dog to train but darn dedicated family memebers when you get them up to speed. I most likely will never own another breed of dog.