Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend

Travis,

Sorry to hear of your family's loss but the memories will never cease. The story of the little girl who was no longer afraid is a fantastic memory and you will take that with you forever.

Barry

Malcolm was truly a special dog to help that little girl with her fear. That is a very tenderhearted story...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis,

So sorry to hear about your loss. Malcom was a huge but very gentle dog. After picking up the Khorns from you, back in April, my granddaughter talked about him for weeks. It's very hard to loose a friend like that. Once again, sorry to hear about your loss.

Wayne

Travis,

Being my age and spending years on a farm Ive seen many dogs come and go. The losses get harder but on a very positive note; I continue to have quality memories of each and every one of them. Even the old hound that my Grandmother beat with a broom for eatin a big ole ham she left out on the back porch.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please accept the condolences of Boomac and current pal Scout.

post-11564-13819334653158_thumb.jpg

Hey Travis real sorry to hear about your loss, I lost one years ago to what the vet said was a freak accident. Her stomach flip around inside of her and she sufficated. Because of that I will never own another dog. I feel your loss my friend, just know he is in a better place.

Jay

Well Travis,

Sorry to hear about you loosing a good pal. I've been there a few time myself. The best cure is to go get yourself a new pup.

Here's a picture of my hunting buddy, Hank, taken Nov. 2006, he's just 10 months old here. Take care, and let me know if you got my PM that I sent you a couple weeks ago. My daugther calls him Hank The Tank The Butterball Bank

post-12381-13819334674028_thumb.jpg

Canyonman.

I had a golden retriever that the same thing happened to .. Seems it is more common than you would think. The vet told us that it is usually larger, active dogs and usually occurs shorly after they eat. Seems that the extra weight from the food can help the stomach twist if the dogs happens to jump or roll over wrong. It literally flips over and caused internal gas buildup. My goldy was only 4 years old then and really a sweetheart. Damn I've had some good dogs!!! And each one of them were special..

Dave

• Moderators

Travis,

Being my age and spending years on a farm Ive seen many dogs come and go. The losses get harder but on a very positive note; I continue to have quality memories of each and every one of them. Even the old hound that my Grandmother beat with a broom for eatin a big ole ham she left out on the back porch.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please accept the condolences of Boomac and current pal Scout.

Scott,

Scout looks to be very birdy? Is he staring at a duck on a pond?

Travis

• Moderators

Thanks to all of you again for your well wishes. They really did help in a very difficult time. I liked seeing Scout and "the Butterball;", another reminder of the cycle of life. Young and full of life. My wife and I decided we are going to wait a couple of months and then start looking for another pooch.

Travis

A home without a pet is a lonely home indeed. Glad you're considering another dog down the road. They will never replace those that passed on, and there'll be fond new memories created in addition to the memories you both share right now of Malcolm. I think Malcolm would've wanted it that way...

You guys may not be cat lovers, but speaking of 'circle of life'

I lost one of my kitties, Macy Grey last Thanksgiving. About the same time a little white kitten showed around here.It was feral and even I could not get it tame enough to truly take in, get to the vet, etc. A few weeks back she showed up at the door with these. They are no replacement for mydeparted Macy, and I have two other adult cats. I'll have to give these away and unfortunately trap mommy kitty for the humane society, but it's nice to see that there is rebirth.

post-10755-13819334805542_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

You guys may not be cat lovers, but speaking of 'circle of life'

I lost one of my kitties, Macy Grey last Thanksgiving. About the same time a little white kitten showed around here.It was feral and even I could not get it tame enough to truly take in, get to the vet, etc. A few weeks back she showed up at the door with these. They are no replacement for mydeparted Macy, and I have two other adult cats. I'll have to give these away and unfortunately trap mommy kitty for the humane society, but it's nice to see that there is rebirth.

That Michael,

Our big softy. Don't you need a good mouser around your place? They sure are cute, glad you are a 1000 miles away because my wife is putting the heat on me for a white cat with blue eyes, and one of those looks like it could be close.

Travis

Travis,
Nyleva and I are so sorry to hear about Malcolm. We just read this a few minutes ago and we're still shocked. I'm emailing you some photos that I took last year and I'm adding one here that's a little out of focus but I like anyway. Malcolm made such a huge impression on both of us that we'll never forget him.

post-7729-1381933482346_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Travis,

Nyleva and I are so sorry to hear about Malcolm. We just read this a few minutes ago and we're still shocked. I'm emailing you some photos that I took last year and I'm adding one here that's a little out of focus but I like anyway. Malcolm made such a huge impression on both of us that we'll never forget him.

That is a great shot, I had never seen that before. I like that photo too, it puts the size of his head in perspective, it was always hard to grasp his size in photos.

Travis

Travis sorry to hear of your loss. In our home our pets, 4 dogs (12 yr old, 1 year old and two 4 month old Belgian Malinois), a 15 yr old Maine Coon cat and one Bearded Dragon, are all treasured family members. Our cat Taz is on that slippery slope and our 12 yr old Malinois - Alex is starting to show her age. When the time comes for them we will be devastated. Each animal even the damn lizard brings a certain special something to our family. I truly feel for your loss.

R/Jim

Travis,

That is a great shot, I had never seen that before. I like that photo too, it puts the size of his head in perspective, it was always hard to grasp his size in photos.

Travis

Travis, Eric

I just realized it has been over a year since we did the Central Texas Klipsch party. Time has gone so quickly! How about we all try and meet at Rudy's BBQ? Weekends are better for me.

Found one more of the magnificient Malcom and Eric!

post-13699-1381933483_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Travis,

It is evident that Malcolm touched more than just a few folks on this forum. He appears to be such a loving animal. What a big teddy bear he was!!! I wish the best for you and Kelly as you search out a new puppy for your home.