F/S VG condition Heresy III's

AUDIO CLASSICS......Where it looks to me like Customer Satisfaction is the GOAL.........Same place I bought my Mahogany H2's new for $800. last year..................SORRY GUYS, I call 'em the way I see 'em.............3 1/2 hours one way, but worth it, McIntosh Factory 5 minutes from there...

NOAH, my problem is telling everyone you paid $650. and turn around and try to sell on here for $950.........Come on, Guy, that's not how the forum guys conduct business on here............Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.........I'm not saying he shouldn't make something, but $300 ??? I don't blame him for trying..........but............

What about the LaScalas I sold to Nick for X amount of dollars ,and you listed them for him on the forum for more money. I never said anything, I do not believe he did anything to improve them

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AUDIO CLASSICS......Where it looks to me like Customer Satisfaction is the GOAL.........Same place I bought my Mahogany H2's new for $800. last year..................SORRY GUYS, I call 'em the way I see 'em.............3 1/2 hours one way, but worth it, McIntosh Factory 5 minutes from there...

NOAH, my problem is telling everyone you paid $650. and turn around and try to sell on here for $950.........Come on, Guy, that's not how the forum guys conduct business on here............Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.........I'm not saying he shouldn't make something, but $300 ??? I don't blame him for trying..........but............

What about the LaScalas I sold to Nick for X amount of dollars ,and you listed them for him on the forum for more money. I never said anything, I do not believe he did anything to improve them

Touche!!!!, By the way OB, with your impeccible salesmanship of not making too much profit, I'll give you exactly what you paid for your home.

Remember some things appreciate, some Depreciate, and some stay near the same. It doesn't matter what the seller paid for them, but rather does someone else think this is a good price to them. If not the seller will either keep them or lower his price, fortunately he has some room to move without losing his shirt.

Mark, what was paid was never posted.................He broke even, but when listed they were not 1/3rd mark-up either..........You ask a little more, because people always try, which is normal, to get it cheaper, so you price that in, and final point........He didn't ask NEW price did he? I don't understand how you compare the two....why did you post what he paid, Nick didn't.............

OB's home did not appreciate ,the currency to buy OB's home depreciated,.........yeasurewhatever he probably rents........ an leases those German cars

The one thing I can honestly say, I own everything, except the 06 Subaru...........I lease my Heresy's.........[;)]

Hey you guys, those Black Forte II's are still for sale, let's sell them for $800. intead of $550..........Thanks for waking me up, Boy, $550. is way too cheap...........I almost short changed my buddy.............Hell, you guys like getting hosed....Bottom line; If you think those H3's are a good deal, Buy Them, me, I'll pass on them.............

Mark, what was paid was never posted.................He broke even, but when listed they were not 1/3rd mark-up either..........You ask a little more, because people always try, which is normal, to get it cheaper, so you price that in, and final point........He didn't ask NEW price did he? I don't understand how you compare the two....why did you post what he paid, Nick didn't.............

OB,

I probably should not have posted . I really believe that it is up to the person themselves what they want to sell something for ,along with the buyer and what he wants to buy something for . Point being if I get something for far less than it is worth and someone else wants to pay me more for it ,as long as he is a grown up what is the harm?

Mark, I understand your point, but this is the Forum, and I find most that sell on here aren't marking things up 33%, and bottom line, in my opinion, another new guy coming here to sell stuff, then they are gone..............What one pays for something is their business...but if you make it a point to write you paid $650. for a pair of speakers, and try to hawk them here for $950. That's wrong, it's legal, but wrong.......So many on here get deals, myself included, that when I see something like this, I can't be quiet..............put them on E-bay, don't rape forum people.......The only people that know about your La Scala's price is You, Nick, and me............

• Moderators

My oh my, OB your brain is slowing down. Check it out http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/917295.aspx he actually paid $625.00 and says he would like to give "fellow forum members" a good deal. This link starts at the beginning of the thread, it may take a little while to load as the pics are rather large, but you may find it an interesting read.

For what it's worth OB I agree with you.

I could understand a "slight markup" for his time, effort and short term cash outlay...but $375.00 profit???????

You guys need to read the OTHER THREAD (link above) all the way through before jumping to conclusions.

Say what you will it was in very poor taste to post what you paid initially, and then mark them up an additional $300 and then offer to forum brothers. A total lack of class regardless of what you guys say. Take your speakers to eBay or AudioGon and be done with it. I hate greedy people it does not matter about the circumstances!

• Moderators

alliclaytor says.... "would love to make a huge killing on these, but I like this forum and would like to get a good deal sometime too...all that being said if I do get them and decide not to keep them I would be willing to let these go for a reasonable price"

That my friends is a quote from alliclaytor's thread (link above). You can't have it both ways.....I'm with Frznivt...two traits I can't stand in a person.....greed and two faced....it would appear that alliclaytor may have cornered the market on both!!!! I guess he thinks a $325.00 markup is reasonable!!!!

YEP,

The boy got caught gettin' greedy. Shame on ya!

About a month ago or so I decided to sell a pair of my "Belles". I debated putting them on the forum first for the same reasons everyone's debating about. I even called Colter for his opinion on this same thing. To loosely quote Michael, "Why not? everyone else does it". I even offered trading with Michael but he doesn't seem too interested in "depleting" some of the MUSEUM.

I decided to "word of mouth" them and found a local buyer for them almost immediately. I didn't want to go through this same thing we're going through here because a couple of the forum members knew what I paid for them. I would have liked to have offered them to the forum first but I wanted the better money to buy a couple of new tube pieces.

I've only sold one item through the forum. That was a new amp I no longer needed because I got my other amps restored. I sold it at a loss. But I just bought it to use while my other amps were in "transition".

It's hard to sell an item for considerably less than market value. BUT..... I've come to consider this forum more "family" than a potential market. This forum is pretty cool and more important to me than "milking a buck". I know others feel the same way about it. Strongly.

Don't bite the hand that feeds ya !

And definitely Don't "Poop in the yard where you play"

Harry

If I'm not mistaken, this guys real name is Scott and he is from Urbana Illinois not Ohio, or, maybe it's the other way around you just can't tell with him. His ebay name is scott1019 though he may have others. There have been more than a few members on the Lansing Forum that have been burned by this guy. I would just be very cautious in dealing with him. I'm not saying he hasn't made honorable deals with people, I'm sure he has, but I believe caution is warranted. If I'm proven wrong, please ignoe and/or delete this post and advanced apologies are given. I just don't think I'm wrong on this one.

Man.....tough crowd around here. You gotta wonder. [:D] I can't believe I actually went back and read that entire other thread where this whole thing originated.

Maybe you guys ought to go back an re-read it. The seller seems to be careful and polite and in full disclosure. I think $950 is TOTALLY FAIR. I looked at the pictures and don't know where you could get Heresy IIIs in that condition for that price.

So what if he's making a few bucks. What if his father bought them for him and his total cost was 0? What would be a fair price then?

How much do you think Mark Deneen and Craig Ostby make on their wares? Is it fair? Absolutely....if you want to pay it.

You people need to cut this guy some slack.

HarryO...nice job. You did the SAME EXACT THING....only to some unsuspecting person off the forum. I guess that's OK. Right? Honestly.......no problem there. Don't get me wrong....I'm just using it as an example. Nothing wrong with it....and I would have done the same thing. Someone still got a fair deal.

People have been doing exactly what "Scott" is doing right under your noses for quite some time....and right here.

I thought he approached this whole thing in a very candid and polite manner. I don't see that he did anything wrong at all.

Mark,

Very good points...but we don't KNOW what Mark and Craig and others "make" on their wares...plus it is their designs and handiwork...I think what has ruffled feathers is someone came on here, asked about these speakers and what a good price would be, was happy that he got them at WAY under market value and then wants to offload them right away for a decent price but a sizeable profit...didn't some also beat up, was it bobnsue or something like that, over him turning McIntosh equipment...I think the bottom line becomes, sell them for whatever you wish but don't be upset if you take some ribbing or get the cold shoulder from the very people you are seeking advice from or they don't think you are being "fair."

Just a though.

Silversport,

I agree, and I hope I did not ruffle too many feathers here myself. I tried to choose my words carefully because we all trade equipment in and out periodically. At some point these people who are complaining will need to sell equipment themselves. There is no reason they should have to "give" it away....just because. As long as the price is fair....there is nothing wrong with profit margin......no matter how much it is.........as long as the price is fair.

On the other side of the coin.....you CAN make yourself look bad when everyone knows what you paid. I still don't really understand why everyone brags about how low a price they paid when they get something far below market value. That is still truly only the business of the buyer and seller, but many like to let everyone know. That's fine I guess......for when you BUY it. A problem when you sell it.

And......I certainly hope no one misunderstands my mention of Mark and Craig. I personally own equipment from both and was simply using them as an example. An example that some are here selling products to make margin.......and that is perfectly fine. Prices are certainly fair. I'll leave it at that.

Wow...so some people here have taken what they think of me way out of proportion...whoever has a problem with me can voice their oppinion...but please just say no thanks...I don't know what a fair price is...make me an offer...if you are fair to my expectations...I will take it. i didnt start out to buy then resell...i saw a deal didnt know if it was good...took it, then decided to sell b/c i didnt need/want them too bad. so if you want to purchase them, lets talk...otherwise please leave any character comments you have about me to yourself. And FYI, this is the only screenname I have, and have ever had here and will ever have here. I would like to remain a good upstanding member of the forums, and this blackballing that some people are trying is outrageous. I will be listing the item elsewhere in the next few days...so if you want to see what it is there...feel free to.

Wow, I was wondering why this thread was running so long....expected to read tales of someone who sold some Heresy's and someone who bought them and was happy with the deal.

Now, the biusness of selling price vs price paid is subjective.

Most of the time I sell stuff below my cost if I use the item for a while. 

If the item is in my possesion for a short while, sometimes i start at my cost.  

Sometimes items may appear to sell above cost, but there are other considerations such as shipping and time hunting for the deal.

I have no problem with someone making some money by flipping over a good deal....there are pleny of folks selling things retail that are bought wholesale....no one seems to have a problem with those.