looking to sell pair of 1975 Corner Horns-serial 7N125 --- K-B-RO

LaGenBow

My grandfather recently passed away and my grandmother and I are selling some of his things.  He purchased an unbelievable sound system YEARS ago.  Klipsch Corner Horns.  They are unreal...as you know.  We're selling them, but didnt' know where to start.  I have an idea what they're worth, but would like an idea from you guys and to see if anyone was interested in them.  They are 1975 (serial 7N125) corner horns.  K-B-RO.  Have the original owner's packet still adhered to the inside of the right speaker along with the registration card.  What do you guys think?

My grandfather recently passed away and my grandmother and I are selling some of his things. He purchased an unbelievable sound system YEARS ago. Klipsch Corner Horns. They are unreal...as you know. We're selling them, but didnt' know where to start. I have an idea what they're worth, but would like an idea from you guys and to see if anyone was interested in them. They are 1970 (serial 7N125) corner horns. K-B-RO. Have the original owner's packet still adhered to the inside of the right speaker along with the registration card. What do you guys think?

I'd start with some good pictures. Does the "RO" mean oiled Rosewood? Where you located? (I've always had a soft spot for the Rosewood)

I think they will be in the $1500-$2500 normally for Klipschorns...they will possibly need their crossovers freshened which lessen their value but the Rosewood should add to their value...just a rough ballpark to get you started...

Bill

There is a fellow in Little Rock also that has a set of Rosewoods.I believe from 1978.He had them in his basement of all places uncovered and drawing moisture like crazy.He was wanting a small fortune for them,even with the moisture damage.

If you're using a Mac, picture loading can be a pita. Using a PC, follow the prompts on the "reply" page, under the tab "options." Don't hit preview, or try to load more than one per post.

I'm putting in dibbs for seti. He's in Little Rock and has been looking high and low for local Khorns.

Thanks but unfortunately I have put off my search for khorns until winter. I have too many expensive home projects and disasters going on right now unfortunately. I spoke to someone from Mountain Home this year that sells interesting audio gear on craigslist and the local paper. I wonder if this is the same person.

I can't get the pictures to post on this thread. If you want to see some pictures, give me your email address and I can forward them to you. Sorry.

I use a free pic hosting service like gmails picasa web foilders and then link from there.