Harry Nilsson,any thought's?

lwhaples

You're breakin' my heart...tearin' it apart so &*&%%(...haven't heard it since college (1979-1983)

Can't live...if livin' is without you...(heard it on Dad's new 1973 Buick VIA the 8-Track...and 4 speaker stereo!)

Bill

Right on, Bill!!

51HQKu%2BhNcL._SS400_.jpg

What's to think?

Nilsson is great!

If you only know what little got played on the radio, you don't know Harry!

Get the Nilsson Anthology box set if you don't have the individual albums.

Of course, I would also suggest the shorter, but exceptional, Nilsson Sings Newman. (That's Randy Newman if you don't know...in which case we need to have another discussion!)

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5807395

You're breakin' my heart...tearin' it apart so &*&%%(...haven't heard it since college (1979-1983)

Can't live...if livin' is without you...(heard it on Dad's new 1973 Buick VIA the 8-Track...and 4 speaker stereo!)

Bill

Hey Bill, Heart does a smashing rendition of can't live I believe it's on Magazine[^o)] I think but then again we are talking me and thinking in the same sentence[:o]

That buzzing sound you hear on 'Jump Into The Fire' on the bass line when you crank it is not your speaker, the speaker the bass player was using in the studio started rubbing!

Yes,crank it I do. The first time I sure wondered why it sounded off. Still enjoy it.

Larry

Some interesting info from wikipedia:

Harry Nilsson's London flat

Nilsson's 1970s London flat, located in the building at 12 Curzon Place on the pricey edge of Mayfair, was a two-bedroom place decorated by the design company that ex-Beatle Ringo Starr and Robin Cruikshank owned at that time. Although Nilsson cumulatively spent several years at the flat, which was convenient to Apple Records, the Playboy Club, Tramps disco and the homes of friends and business associates, his work and interests took him to the U.S. for extended periods, and while he was away he lent his place to numerous musician friends. During one of his absences, ex-Mamas and Papas singer Cass Elliot and a few members of her tour group stayed at the flat while she performed solo at the London Palladium, headlining with her Torch Songs and "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore". Following a strenuous performance with encores, Elliot returned to the flat to relax and sleep and was discovered in one of the bedrooms, dead of heart failure, on July 29, 1974. Four years later, on September 7, 1978, The Who's drummer Keith Moon returned to the same room in the flat after a night out, and died from an overdose of Clomethiazole, a prescribed anti-alcohol drug. Nilsson, distraught over another friend's death taking place in his flat, and with little remaining need for the property, quickly sold it to Moon's bandmate Pete Townshend and consolidated his life in Los Angeles.