Klipsch speakers in the car?

LoudnClear

I was parusing craigslist with my wife looking at Klipsch offerings and my wife spotted Klipsch In-Ceiling speakers. She said, I've never seen Klipsch in ceiling speakers before, have I? I said, well, they're about like car..........stereo.......speakers.......Hey you could probably use those in a car!

So what do you all think, I haven't ever seen or handled an in ceiling speaker, but the pictures sure look like they could be a custom install in car doors and rear decks. Sound like a novel idea?

post-24571-13819339721142_thumb.jpg

Hmm......

I had one of those Fosgate Punch amps (prior to the merge, no Rockford) and EQ tied into a Pioneer Supertuner in the late seventies....

1967 Pontiac Catalina

Epi speakers in the deck. $140.00 a pair. Blew them twice. Took my Genesis II home speakers, laid them down in the back seat with long leads and had a traveling party. No more blown woofers.

Big stereo, crappy car. They left my stereo alone.

Fun, Fun, Fun.

I had a friend who had a pair of Heresys in the back of his Capri. I grew up in Laredo so a lot of people's families had ranches that we would go out to and Ted was always invited.

I wonder how the in celling speakers would sound in cars? Might be a new market for Klipsch!

New car = $20,000 & up

Putting Klipsch inwall speakers into car somehow = couple of hundered & some thought

Been hacking away at my rear seat with a Sawzall to modify back seat area to accept one Jubilee = feeling exceedingly stupid now...

(never mind the issues on getting it through the door or trunklid)

[*-)]

Seen it done many times, I too grew up in Laredo and the first system I heard was a portable Nakamichi 250 custom mounted on the center console of a '79 Trans Am with a Fosgate PR-2100 (long before Rockford) he removed the rear seat lower cushions and Heresy's filled that spot. He had Cerwin Vega CS-15 HED's in the rear deck, it sounded incredible and perfectly clean and clear and would carry for blocks.

Another guy I knew was handicapped and had a special van, he had Alpine's best cassette deck with a Zapco processor and their amplifiers feeding 4 Heresy's. Pink Floyd's "The Wall" sounded unreal in this van. Every little nuance and detail could be heard.

I had the Pioneer component system with the CD-7 7 band equalizer with time delay and two GM-120's feeding Cerwin Vega HED CS-18A's in the door and Jensen Triax II 4" mounted in the rear column in my '75 GMC High Sierra full time 4x4.

Loved growing up in Laredo, TX in the late 70's and early 80's everyone I knew had a nice system. Audio Systems (now defunct) sold a ton of Klipsch speakers I loved visiting the showroom as a teenager. I bought my Fosgate PR-2100 II from them for $472 back in '80 it was the best and most powerful car amplifier available at the time.

Ahhhh the memories.

I had a pair of Heresy in my Subaru...I got sick of hearing the music from behind me so just converted them to subwoofer duty / tailgate full range duty. With the cabin gain of the car, I was getting 20Hz extension out of them [H]

If I were to pick any current Klipsch and try to fit it in the car, I would probably start with trying to mount some of the promedias to the dashboard. The promedias were built for nearfield and I like the idea of the sound coming straight at me instead of from the floor.

i have a pair of belles in my van i just bought........i might just leave them there .

Belles in a van ? [:D]

White van speakers, the good kind this time...

You can say that again !

Those Belles were advertised localy in Tallahasse Fla. for $850 . Steve procured them for me and I drove down from Charleston SC to pick them up .

They are the rear speakers in my 5.1 Belle setup . With Dean G built AA's no less . "Truethfully . they worked fine with their original AB networks for my application !"