WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN YEAR 47?

BigStewMan

BigStew---you are actually in year 48 since you are 47 years old. Don't you feel better now?

No; but i feel a year wiser! Thank you for pointing that out. Thank you all for the birthday wishes. i just had my third "free" lunch from co-workers. unfortunately, one co-worker told the server that it was my birthday and they did that embarrassing bringing a cake to the table and singing happy birthday. good intent; but why do they always bring chocolate cake? I've been chocolate-free since '83 .

Sure it wasn't the peanut butter?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BigStew---you are actually in year 48 since you are 47 years old. Don't you feel better now?

No; but i feel a year wiser! Thank you for pointing that out. Thank you all for the birthday wishes. i just had my third "free" lunch from co-workers. unfortunately, one co-worker told the server that it was my birthday and they did that embarrassing bringing a cake to the table and singing happy birthday. good intent; but why do they always bring chocolate cake? I've been chocolate-free since '83 .

Nah, i still like peanut butter. it probably wasn't the chocolate either, i just formed one of those mental associations and chocolate took the rap. my wife is that way with sun-dried tomatoes--she got real sick after eating at this place and said that while puking she couldn't get the taste of sun-dried tomatoes out of her mouth. to this day, she won't eat them.

REO is a real good example of a group taking the band away from the guitar player (Gary Richrath) and giving it to the singer (Kevin Cronin). When they did that they started their decline.

Gary was in a group that used to practice at my house... sometime around 1970. Maybe just after. The Vietnam War was still going on. He was a very nice guy, and an incredible guitarist, even then.

Bruce

Bruce--that's cool. people laugh at me; but i think gary is the most underrated guitar player. what kind of guitar was he playing back in those days? i've seen them several times in concert, and i think he was always playing a les paul.

Surprise! I wish I had a shot from the front, but I don't. He was playing a Tele. The other player in the group at this time worked out on an LP. Gary was sitting down for this outdoor gig, as he had been in a car accident and fractured his leg. There's a story there, but I sure haven't heard him repeat it publicly.

Bruce

post-7149-13819340015614_thumb.jpg

Nah, i still like peanut butter. it probably wasn't the chocolate either, i just formed one of those mental associations and chocolate took the rap. my wife is that way with sun-dried tomatoes--she got real sick after eating at this place and said that while puking she couldn't get the taste of sun-dried tomatoes out of her mouth. to this day, she won't eat them.

I'm the same way with Rum and Coke. Once, I got terribly sick after a night of heavy drinking. I polished off most of a bottle of Rum by myself in one evening. I was 17 at the time and moving out of state. I haven't touched a drop of Coke since.

Hey just last week I was in a CVS Pharmacy buying a jar of peanuts when the 21-ish girl behind the register asked if I had a senior card. I'M FORTY-ONE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!

That hurts! I got carded about a year ago buying a six-pack for my wife ;)

Young folks don't have a clue. Generally, the younger the person, the further away they'll be when guessing an older person's age.

When I was a kid, thinking of the 1930s when my dad was a kid seemed prehistoric. Now, the same time-frame would be the 70s! That was just yesterday, right?????

That hurts! I got carded about a year ago buying a six-pack for my wife ;)

Young folks don't have a clue. Generally, the younger the person, the further away they'll be when guessing an older person's age.

When I was a kid, thinking of the 1930s when my dad was a kid seemed prehistoric. Now, the same time-frame would be the 70s! That was just yesterday, right?????

Sometimes I do that as a nice gesture..... I ask some people I obviously know are over 21 to sometimes make them feel nice. They usually thank me.

I haven't stayed in touch at all. Wish I had, but our paths just led in different directions. I played acoustic guitar, dobro, lap steel, a different genre of music altogether, so we never played together. He was a bit out of my league, too. I kept my day job mostly, while he was totally committed to being a musician.

Let's see, Dan Fogelberg was there in town also... a lot of guys made it, while I worked in TV news. [8-)]

Bruce