Wives and buying.

woodsman

Hopefully, not opening a new can here. But do you guys do anything for your wives when you buy new gear? Just in the past couple of months I did some upgrading. Went from a Merlin to a Blueberry X remote. Also just picked up the Cornwalls. So to keep peace with the wife I bought her a 1ctw diamond anniversary ring. It's all about compromise. Usually I can get away with buying her a new purse. But this time since I splurged on myself, I'd better on her too. It's a win, win situation really. Just don't let your wives read this one if you don't do anything.

Jeff

My wife spends w-a-y more on her hobbies and computer stuff in one year than I have spent on audio in the past 10.

I have purchased many used Klipsch & other speakers for her but she hasn't thanked me for any of them, and thinks we're just a

bunch of nut cases on the many audio forums I frequent. If I have to buy her something to keep the peace, I'll move

out and get me a girl friend who likes Klipsch speakers.

NP - Waltari - Blood Simple

Hopefully, not opening a new can here. But do you guys do anything for

your wives when you buy new gear? Just in the past couple of months I

did some upgrading. Went from a Merlin to a Blueberry X remote. Also

just picked up the Cornwalls. So to keep peace with the wife I bought

her a 1ctw diamond anniversary ring. It's all about compromise. Usually

I can get away with buying her a new purse. But this time since I

splurged on myself, I'd better on her too. It's a win, win situation

really. Just don't let your wives read this one if you don't do

anything.

------------

Holy Cow! A 1CT diamond for a BBXre - - your wife is making out in style! I wonder what she got when the pCATs hit the porch? :-)

a nice convertible, maybe

a castle in Spain?

The punchline "Now that we've established what you are, lets talk prices..." comes to mind!

--Edit: Not casting any _specific_ dispersions... Just my observations of my several (failed) relationships.

--John (happily single. Really... IMHO 52.5% of the population should not be able to explain away bipolar disorder, where "bipolar" means vacillating between capricious and psychotic!)

• Klipsch Employees

its all about buying a good one, wife I mean.

Mine will not let the new speakers I bring home stay in the garage. "speakers belong in the house dont they" SO the LS II's went in the family room until the HT was ready for them.

I received a call a few weeks ago telling me of good deals at the Harley place. I told her about it and heard " ...and we dont have one why..."

I tell ya, its all about buying a good one...

(and yes, I would and have told that with her standing beside me. Where she belongs, not behind or in front, beside me...)

We have been together for 20 years now.

MAN I AM LUCKY!!![:D]

• Moderators

Mine will not let the new speakers I bring home stay in the garage. "speakers belong in the house dont they" SO the LS II's went in the family room until the HT was ready for them.

I received a call a few weeks ago telling me of good deals at the Harley place. I told her about it and heard " ...and we dont have one why..."

(and yes, I would and have told that with her standing beside me. Where she belongs, not behind or in front, beside me...)

[:|]

How does she like moving to a big city, almost anyplace is a big city compared to Hope.

She got a sister? [:D]

22nd anniversary coming up. We make about the same, so we split the household costs, and as long as we 'discuss' what we are going to do with any "disposable" income, we've never had a problem. It's funny about "hobbies". In our case my Klipsch = her Horses (and the accessories.....). I suppose it's the "divergent hobby theory". Her (and my daughter's) horses are an investment, so as with the Klipsch. Horses come and go, so do the Klipsch. For me... other than the airboat issue.... it's pretty mundane.

(Anybody want a really good airboat.... Think of a 15' flat bottom boat with a big Lycoming 200 horsepower aircraft engine on the back... Much fun... you can drive it around your pasture after it rains [:D])