The best place to refoam Advent woofers?

Ki Choi

Before I heard of Klipsch or B&Ws, I used to drool over for a pair of Large walnut Advents as a poor college student in the '70s. I worked as hard as I could one summer but didn't get enough to buy a pair and had to settle for a pair of Marantz (can't remember the model but it was only model that had enough sensitivity to work with my whopping 12w/ch Akai receiver). Finally I got a pair of Large Advent speakers in prestine cosmetic condition . The walune veneer and trims are in excellent shape but the woofers need refoaming as expected. I want to send them to the best place possible for the work.

I have found few places searching on Audio Asylum but thought to ask the forum for better recommendation.

TIA

Ki

I second greg's thoughts Ki. Are those the larger 2 ways with the fried egg tweeter under the metal mesh cage?

Hi Kaiser,

Yes, these are the larger two way with orange color "fired egg" tweeter with metal mesh guard. I believe these are relatively newer ones with rounded front edge trims instead of angled orginal trims. I'll have to take some photos and post them soom.

I searched ebay for DIY foam repair kits and it seems there are quite a few choices. Considrering, if DIY route doesn't workout, I can get them repaired professionally, so, I will give it a try.

Thanks, guys.

Ki