I hate it when ...

dkalsi

..... I just saw a deal on craigslist yesterday for a McIntosh Pre C-28 and and Amp - MC 2505 for $800 with orignal manuals and orignal walnut case...

I was the first to e-mail the person - offering to pay full price. He even agreed i was the first to contact him. However, he later changed his mind and decided to sell it to someone who offered more. Now if the ad said "obo", i would understand. But to start taking bids on cragislist after having a set price - thats not fair.

I guess i'm just mad that I missed a good deal of McIntosh equipment - I would like to buy something in good condition but can not afford to pay e-bay prices.

OK, let's turn this around : I hate it when you have made a deal for a set price, confirmed the price, and the Buyer shows up with less money than you had agreed upon................

That happened to me when I sold the white Cornwalls. Guy showed up after he assured me the price was fine with him. He seemed nice and respectabl. He auditioned the CWs, made a couple of comments on the age showing on the woofer surrounds, and asked if I would accept less. I felt insulted. We got along great until then. (The ad was accurate. He had no argument there.) We haggled a little and then I was glad to see him go. I like deals as much as anyone and I actually got the speakers for less than advertised myself but that was BEFORE I went to see them and AFTER hearing that they were painted white. I decided to sell them only due to the profit I made and that I was not ready to commit to them as permanent system speakers due to their size and my lack of proper amplification. But if I EVER see a pair for $25 like someone else, "I call DIBS!"

regards,

Cornwall-less.

Well sometimes if you do your homework.. For instance, a tweeter is blown, it will cost me so much money to replace etc., etc., if the unit was advertised in good working order or even as is... I think you can re negotiate..

I have done this several times.. Wear n tear... Well it is used... it is, what it is... Not much bargaining power here, unless a obvious one...