What is Klipsch up to?

el jopez

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

you guys know who designed that rock.

Yep I think so, I sat out by the parking lot and listened to them for about 20 min, I have to say they sound very good for something that can stay IN the weather.

Yep I think so, I sat out by the parking lot and listened to them for about 20 min, I have to say they sound very good for something that can stay IN the weather.

Have you ever heard Community rock-type speakers? I've heard them at Cedar Point (Amusement Park in Sandusky, OH) and wasn't very impressed. I'm wondering how these compare as I have considered having some outdoor speakers, but have hesitated to have them mounted on my house (although I do like the sound).

The Palladiums are beautiful...I was, at first, disappointed to see that the Jubes were not being given the decorative treatment and pushed forward as the Flagship. But on 2nd thought the Palladiums are being pitched to a different audience than would go for the Jubes as a consumer product (provided they had heard of them, hmmm...)

I can see having 4 Palladiums in an HT system, but most folks would not want four Jubes in the same room. We would though, wouldn't we, gang?

Big tower speakers are the largest acceptable speaker package given the mind-set of the HT world that speakers should be invisible.

4.5" midrange drivers! Wow! I would hope (pun intended) that some of these technological advances would migrate to the K-horn.

The price does not surprise me at all. Frankly, if Klipsch had priced them much below this point the press would probably have ignored them. The press has fixation that price equates to quality and unless the Palladium was "up there" with other well-known SOTA offerings, nobody would take it seriously. I wonder how many "critics" and consumers have dismissed the K-horn without auditioning because they are "only 7500 a pair"

Are they coming out with the "Boulder" to suppliment the bottom end?

Trust me, they don't need much more bottom end. Nice sized cabinet, ported in typical Klipsch tradition. I've been listening to one in our 'park' for a couple months now. We got this one really right.

• Moderators

Have you ever heard Community rock-type speakers? I've heard them at Cedar Point (Amusement Park in Sandusky, OH) and wasn't very impressed. I'm wondering how these compare as I have considered having some outdoor speakers, but have hesitated to have them mounted on my house (although I do like the sound).

Never heard the Community rock-type speakers, but I did hear some other Community speakers. They were on the cruise ship we went on Carnival cruise line "Fantasy" was the ship. The speakers were about 2' wide and 3' tall mounted on poles on the deck with the pool. They kind of reminded me of bose, no bass and not much high freq ! For the size you would expect a better sound, although for the conditions where they are mounted they must be tough.

The rock speakers Klipsch sells has a nice overall sound, they did have some bass, which is hard to do outside, they sounded good. IMO

Amy, Trey, Michael........someone speak up on this! Never saw this coming.

Klipsch has now stepped up with the Home speaker line.

When will I get to Demo one?

jc

What would you like to know? [:)]

These are all new categories for us....not "different" directions, just additional directions as we grow as a company. We have one other announcement up our sleeve that no one will see coming (except the Pilgrims who have already seen/heard them). [:#] HMMM. CAR AUDIO?????

By the way, I've heard a demo of those Palladiums... outSTANDING ...and they weren't even fully voiced with the correct drivers yet... [Y]

Could Klipsch be coming to the car audio bunch???? Will have to wait and see........

Amy wrote:

These are all new categories for us....not "different" directions, just additional directions as we grow as a company. We have one other announcement up our sleeve that no one will see coming (except the Pilgrims who have already seen/heard them). [:#]

I know what Any is talking about and I will say it wasn't anything car audio that we saw.

Steve

Well, IF Klipsch is thinking about car audio.....I am looking for sponsorship from either JBL (partial) or preferably Klipsch in any capacity. It will be another 2-3 years before the next project will be ready for competition, but I do like the ring of TEAM KLIPSCH[:D]

He, who steps up first, will get the support. Probably in IASCA in lieu of MECA.

Amy, keep the product lines coming, and I will be HOPING.

At the Pilgramage we were told that just about every car manufacturer had approched them to install speakers in thier cars.

Steve

Not surprising at all, Steve. I understand it is a very competitive niche, one which Klipsch MAY be well-advised to stay away from at this time.

Although a nice proto-type system for demo purposes would surely get some national attention at some of the sanctioned events. Just a thought!

I paid FULL RETAIL for my gear, and Memphis thought so highly of the system, they sponsored my ride in CA&E, so exposure does have its benefits. Benefits for BOTH parties. Great marketing tool IMHO.