Howsabout those Klipsch Palladium?

damonrpayne

Crazy! What they spend on speakers is an inverse relationship to their weenie size!

Whoa GARY and DTEL,

Did you hear that? Gary, you got $7,500 for free and DTEL got CWIII for free, you can't get inversely bigger that that[:P]

I think I will wait for the Klipsh earphones to come out.

Travis

Give me a break Travis, I'm still laughing!

I'll wait for the 18 wheeler speaker myself.....[:@]

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy! What they spend on speakers is an inverse relationship to their weenie size!

Whoa GARY and DTEL,

Did you hear that? Gary, you got $7,500 for free and DTEL got CWIII for free, you can't get inversely bigger that that[:P]

I think I will wait for the Klipsh earphones to come out.

Travis

I won those klipsch earphones for free.... wonder how inversely bigger now!

• Moderators

You want to know what I think? O.k. nevermind, I am going to tell you anyway. Based on these most recent press releases, I think the Elves in Hope and Indy have been getting very busy for the CEDIA show in Sept. Atomic No. of 46 for Palladium, can't be a coincidence. If I live to be 110, [;)] , Ithink I will have P-39F's.

8/22/2007
Klipsch Enters Earphone Market With Several Proprietary Technologies

8/20/2007
Klipsch Rocks

• Moderators

what does 46 have any reference to?

Per Amy:

"And it turns out the atomic number for the element palladium is 46."

I didn't take Chem., I was more into cutting up things, so I can't say beyond that.

Well, on second thought, my birthday last week could have something to do with it, but that would just be a coincidence.

Travis

I loved the idea and looks of the Premier line several years back. I thought the more contempary look worked well in main living area applications.

Now....15K a pair just seems a little pricey to me. I'm not sure how many will sell. For that kind of dough, they better sound as good as anything on the market or this may be a short lived enrty. At 15K it may be anyway.

Phil

Na Phil, $130K is pricey even if they did go out of business. Wonder how that happened as the design is interesting[:o] NOT

Looks like the love child of a JBL Paragon and a Design Acoustics DA-12 (the dodecahedrons)

Per Amy:

I didn't take Chem., I was more into cutting up things, so I can't say beyond that.

Well, on second thought, my birthday last week could have something to do with it, but that would just be a coincidence.

Travis

Damn, I turn 45 on Monday. I'm always "1" off.

Per Amy:

Travis

ah

and yes palladium is an element, you probably never realized but you are near it everyday. Its in your catalyst of you car

Amy, are answers available yet to these questions? --

1. What is the efficiency? What is the recommended amplifier power?

2. What are the crossover points?

3. Important: do they have to be pulled out into the room for the sound to "couple" properly. (Some do, Heritage don't seem to.)

4. What are the dimensions?

Thanks --

Crossover points are 500 and 3000. Can't help with the rest.

Thanks, Dean. I like the mid-horn going down to 500, seems potentially better than even the old Corns. K-501-length midhorn, I wonder? Between that and a Tractrix tweeter, I want to hear these!

• Moderators

Need more info...this is killing me.

Don't forget everything you've learned over the last year. Even if they were half the money, I have no interest in going back to small horns and narrow baffles.

Dean,

Will you come listen when we have our open house?