Howsabout those Klipsch Palladium?

damonrpayne

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look like the same cabinet as the so called "Premier" line that was shown on the forum some time ago (in piano black). I'm excited to hear them! That wood finish looks pretty sweet too!!!

but at $15k a pop (likely to be, what, $12k otd?), it's above my budget.

-David

The curvature is good for cabinet resonance from what I understand, and I made the same comment on KC about the obvious borrowing of DNA from the premiere line.

I think I read that it also helps reduce cabinet standing waves in the cab. Are there any pics of the Premiere line?

The curvature is good for cabinet resonance from what I understand, and I made the same comment on KC about the obvious borrowing of DNA from the premiere line.

I think I read that it also helps reduce cabinet standing waves in the cab. Are there any pics of the Premiere line?

I wonder if klipsch wants pics of the Premiere line circulating? I should be able to dig them out of my backups tonight, I'll post unless somene tells me not to.

seti-try running a search. Seems like there was a thread about them that included a nice picture.

-David

EDIT-here's a link, but not to the ones that I was thinking of.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/434366.aspx

seti-try running a search. Seems like there was a thread about them that included a nice picture.

-David

EDIT-here's a link, but not to the ones that I was thinking of.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/434366.aspx

Thanks very interesting I see what you guys are talking about now.

And where does this leave the Heritage Line ? Still in production, or heading out the door ? Klipsch must do what it needs to do to stay afloat in the Market Place, I hope this isn't the end of Hertigage Series Speakers..............Wow, $15,000. for Palladiums......

The Heritage line is one of the bargains in the audiophile market IMHO. I think sales have been very good as well.

Something about this finish that just looks... kind of cheap looking. Maybe it's the vertical grain on the front with the horizontal grain on the sides? Hits me wrong thats for sure.

I hadn't thought of that actually. It just might look better matched and wrapped all the way around with the grain in the same direction. Interesting.

Something about this finish that just looks... kind of cheap looking. Maybe it's the vertical grain on the front with the horizontal grain on the sides? Hits me wrong thats for sure.

I hadn't thought of that actually. It just might look better matched and wrapped all the way around with the grain in the same direction. Interesting.  

The stuff reminds me of the old faux wood adhesive vinyl shelf paper.

The curved back reminds me of b&w perhaps that is where the similarity ends as b&w speakers are not very efficient.

The Palladium's taper is much closer to a B&W Nautilus series than the Premiere's were, as of yet I've not seen any specs to compare the Nautilus 802D's 90 db with, in due [O] I guess!

Please post specs and name of designer!!!!!!

Thanks,

tc

The stuff reminds me of the old faux wood adhesive vinyl shelf paper.

You'd see the difference in person. Big difference.

Yea, the more I look at them, the more I could see them in a very contemporary living room. I'm certainly tired of the glossy dark wood/mixed with black/ Wilson Watt Puppish style that seems to be all over the place. Good job taking some risks to be a bit different.