At least, they know how to make wine

sputnik

I was just joking about invading Canada but then again it does make a lot sense. Why go halfway around the world to invade some desolate little country when there is a very nice big one right next door.

We'd definitely see a savings in travel expenses.....

They have better beer than we do.....

Canada is a very pretty country....

They have more oil than Iraq....

They have a cool flag....

We could brag about being the biggest country in the world.....

Our occupation forces could mainly consist of retirees in recreational vehicles....

Canadians are nice people and mind their own business so they may not even notice our invasion....

Our provocation to war could be the mounting threat of the metric system across our northern border.....

added:

The invasion plans have been drawn up for some now.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/29/AR2005122901412.html

Canadians are nice people and mind their own business so they may not even notice our invasion....

Oh, we'd notice. We are quite similar, but we do cherish the differences, mostly that we are not Americans. The Quebecois would have the most trouble with you and you with them. They are used to their own language, religion and civil law system. Stomp on any of those rights and there will be violent protests. They march to their own drummer and wouldn't put up with the likes of GWB, Dick Cheney and the moral majority for two seconds. Since they control their own media they have the ability to influence opinion. They are opposed to any war by nature as history has illustrated, but will fight to the death when required. English Canada deals with these issues through negotiation, something either you aren't very good at or don't have the time for. In either case, we haven't had a civil war.

The invasion plans have been drawn up for some now.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/29/AR2005122901412.html

The first idea was called Manifest Destiny, the United States will stretch from the Atlantic to the Pacific and the buffalo will roam from the Gulf of Mexico to the Arctic Ocean. This occured well before the plans stated above. http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/E/manifest/manif1.htm They might not have been specific plans, but the idea was hatched.

That is a trick question for the French because they know the UNIVERSE revolves around France! They do make fabulous wine, I am especially fond of their Burgundies, and their cheese and butter are among the best. Ever try a St. Andre triple cream brie? Pure rich decadent heaven on the palate.

Oh, we'd notice. We are quite similar, but we do cherish the differences, mostly that we are not Americans. The Quebecois would have the most trouble with you and you with them.........

I think there may be some strategic value there. The Quebecois will be the scapegoat and provide the perfect provocation. We can convince the dumbest 51% of the population that the Quebecois hate us because we're free. Most Americans wouldn't know what we're talking about but we can easily convince them of our case by exposing the fact that the Quebecois speak French. Then, we can spread paranoia and gain enough political support to free the alienated and English speaking western provinces (where the oil reserves and spectacular scenery are located.) We can then install a feeble puppet regime to guarantee a sustained occupation. We will be greeted as liberators - it's a slam dunk.

We should start massing several divisions of RVs in North Dakota and Maine now.

Oh, we'd notice. We are quite similar, but we do cherish the

differences, mostly that we are not Americans. The Quebecois would have

the most trouble with you and you with them.........

I

think there may be some strategic value there. The Quebecois will

be the scapegoat and provide the perfect provocation. We can

convince the dumbest 51% of the population that the Quebecois hate us

because we're free. Most Americans wouldn't know what we're

talking about but we can easily convince them of our case by exposing

the fact that the Quebecois speak French. Then, we can spread

paranoia and gain enough political support to free the alienated and English speaking

western provinces (where the oil reserves and spectacular scenery are

located.) We can then install a feeble puppet regime to guarantee

a sustained occupation. We will be greeted as liberators - it's a

slam dunk.

We should start massing several divisions of RVs in North Dakota and Maine now.

Hah...the secret is out...I'll go warn the Zamboni drivers...Now where did I put my pea shooter?..[H]

Seiously

though, many in western Canada feel closer to the US than we do

to eastern Canada. We share much of the same cultural

heritage, cheer for many of the same sporting teams, our

economies are so closely tied through NAFTA that little

could be done to reverse it even if there was a will to do so.

The resources of western Canada are flowing south and east as fast as

the pipelines can be built and most out here think that is a very good

thing. We don't even say "eh" out here in the great white

northwest.

We Canucks often think we can take the high moral ground in

comparison to our southern neighbors, but upon looking deeper we

find we are very much the same... Whenever I here someone here

deriding American policy, I always ask them if they can

name another country with which they would prefer to share the longest

undefended border in the world. Have yet to receive a good answer

to that one.

Thanks for the link to the article Sputs.

Yeah, I agree Gaspr, I feel more closely aligned with western Canada than Washington DC. I always like seeing the BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan license plates here. The rare spotting of the ultra-cool Northwest Territories polar bear plate is a real coup. I guess Nunavut has that one now. Western Canadians wave to us on the road and flash headlights to warn of speed traps when we travel in Canada. How cool is that? I really resent the new US policy requiring a passport to travel to Canada, that just seems so wrong.

The coolest license plates in the world (IMO):

post-17394-1381934438666_thumb.jpg

By the way, the use of the word "frog" is as offensive as the "N' word. Classy. No

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxmk673YYCA

You may be incorrect about that...

The origin of calling the French "Frogs" http://allaboutfrogs.org/weird/general/frenchfrogs.html

More "Frog" research http://www.nationalreview.com/miller/miller200501120730.asp

"Frogs" in the racial slurs database http://www.rsdb.org/search?q=french&sort=score

Actually much less offensive than huggable smileys.[:P]

I think making fun of the French is a lot like telling blonde jokes. In reality, we know that blondes are hot and the French are cool. No ill will is intened, the jokes are just all in fun. Anyone who actually hates the French has probably never been there. Paris is the most beautiful and amazing major city I've ever seen, the countryside is stunning, and the people are wonderful. We're actually a lot closer than the stereotypes imply.

Yeah, I agree Gaspr, I feel more closely aligned with western Canada than Washington DC. I always like seeing the BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan license plates here. The rare spotting of the ultra-cool Northwest Territories polar bear plate is a real coup. I guess Nunavut has that one now. Western Canadians wave to us on the road and flash headlights to warn of speed traps when we travel in Canada. How cool is that? I really resent the new US policy requiring a passport to travel to Canada, that just seems so wrong.

The coolest license plates in the world (IMO):

thats an awesome plate