A Huge Public "Thank You" to a Great Forum Member: "Garymd"

RFP

He's swinging by here for lunch on Sunday before driving north to DC ... I felt like I should at least him and his lovely wife before heading out of town. Since they have 10 hour or so drive, I think I'll back away from nuclear chili or anything else requiring prophylactic medication.

So .... Should I mention this thread to him or let him find it as a "welcome back" present? I know he's going to blush and say something in the line of "WTF?" (nicely, of course) ...

Please let me know what the consensus is ...

Chris

Here! Here!..... I absolutely concur. That Gary fellow is a Klipsch Forum Saint.

Why just the other day, I read where he spends his Sabbath helping little old ladys cross the street at a local bingo parlor. He also wrestles Grizzly bears and crocodiles to entertain the poor young kids that can't go to the zoo.

I take after him you know [A], after all, he is my hero.

Seriously, Gary is tops.

Since they have 10 hour or so drive...

Thanks for the heads up. That gives me a chance to listen to the VRDs a few more hours and return them before he gets back. The Khorns just would not fit in my car. I'll leave a note with my review and a bottle of '95 Château Lafite Rothschild in thanks for the loaners. Think he'll notice I upgraded the tubes?

Looks like we won't see Gary today, unfortunately. Instead of heading back today, they started out yesterday afternoon. He called yesterday before leaving, apologizing, but they changed their plans.

While I was disappointed we couldn't send them off in proper style, I think it was absolutely the right decision to split the trip into two days. Why destroy a week's worth of rest getting home from it in one massive road trip?

Suspect also that they had seen, and done, everything there was to do on Daufuskie Island; they were well rested. Getting home with a low stress m.o. was just the ticket.

And maybe the idea of our cooking was just a little frightening [;)]

WOW! What a welcome home surprise this is!

Seriously though, I know at least 2 guys that are nicer than I am.[;)] Rob gave me a beautiful pair of Khorn tops and Chris brought us groceries while we were stranded on the island last week. He pretty much saved our lives and he's also a hell of a golfer! No exaggeration when he says he's a 4 handicap. We had a really nice relaxing day of golf. It really didn't matter that I played like crap. It was still fun and a pleasure to meet Chris in person and spend some time together.

BTW Chris - I had 2 LPs in my suitcase for you just to maintain my reputation. I was planning to give them to you when we came by Sunday. Looks like I'll have to mail them now.

Rob - Glad you like the LPs. Can I call you later in the week to discuss my progress? I still have a few questions.

Thanks to the rest of you for your kind words although I'm not really as kind and generous as you seem to think. You just need to get to know me a little better.[8o|]

WOW! What a welcome home surprise this is!

Seriously though, I know at least 2 guys that are nicer than I am.[;)] Rob gave me a beautiful pair of Khorn tops and Chris brought us groceries while we were stranded on the island last week. He pretty much saved our lives and he's also a hell of a golfer! No exaggeration when he says he's a 4 handicap. We had a really nice relaxing day of golf. It really didn't matter that I played like crap. It was still fun and a pleasure to meet Chris in person and spend some time together.

BTW Chris - I had 2 LPs in my suitcase for you just to maintain my reputation. I was planning to give them to you when we came by Sunday. Looks like I'll have to mail them now.

Rob - Glad you like the LPs. Can I call you later in the week to discuss my progress? I still have a few questions.

Thanks to the rest of you for your kind words although I'm not really as kind and generous as you seem to think. You just need to get to know me a little better.[8o|]

Gary, glad you got back in one piece and seemingly have survived your first day back at the office.

BTW, I sure didn't play like a 4 ... more like a 14, but as you said, it was fun and relaxing. 18 holes is kind of pushing it for both of us, given our lack of practice and gimpy backs.

Sorry to miss the LP's ... and sorry to miss you both for lunch. I do think an early return home was a very smart thing to do .... but we're stuck here eating a mound of chicken pesto salad on chibata bread [:P]

Chris

Sorry to miss the LP's ... and sorry to miss you both for lunch. I do think an early return home was a very smart thing to do .... but we're stuck here eating a mound of chicken pesto salad on chibata bread [:P]

Chris

I was afraid of that.[:(] It was an "on the spot" decision. There was absolutely no wind Saturday morning as we were being eaten by the mosquitos and flies while IN the ocean. Catherine and I turned to each other at the exact same time and said, "Let's go home." After 25 years, we can read each other's minds.

We had a really nice relaxing day of golf. It really didn't matter that I played like crap. It was still fun and a pleasure to meet Chris in person and spend some time together.

Gary, you certainly take the game in stride, as I just get so frustrated at times. Just call me Happy Gilmour[:D]

Snakes, goffers and worms BEWARE

[:)]

I'm reserving judgment on how nice he is until I get over to his house in October and see what I can glean from his "reject" pile.[:D]

Gary, a reject pile? O.....you mean his pile of rejected items? For a minute I thought......phew![*-)]

Even Gary's REJECTS exceed my Top-of-the-Line components[:(]

Anyone going to the October 14th Raven vs Rams game? OFF TOPIC

Chris

I was afraid of that.[:(] It was an "on the spot" decision. There was absolutely no wind Saturday morning as we were being eaten by the mosquitos and flies while IN the ocean. Catherine and I turned to each other at the exact same time and said, "Let's go home." After 25 years, we can read each other's minds.

Gary, was kidding about the lunch. We kept the same game plan we agreed to ... burgers, chicken. It was coming out the freezer so no inconvenience whatsoever.

Our mission was to get you both in and out in less than an hour because we were worried about the drive in front of you. The fact that the bugs expedited the right decision was in fact a favor to you, in disguise.

Another time ... Or maybe next time we're in DC!

Chris, Carrie, Jack and Max The Wonder Dog