A powered sub is plugged into ??????

Tom Adams

Generally I wouldn't put it in on a power conditioner for fear of the large current draws 'confusing' the circuit doing the conditioning (some are more susceptable than others).

I would put it on a surge protector though if I had one laying around.

wall because i might overload the surge protector/power conditioner

Yeah.....that makes sense. Thanks.

Tom

my rsw 12 has max 650 watts and peak 2400 watts.... adding that to my surge protector that has a 840 watt draw, plus a dvd player that has probably another 100 watts will probably test the surge protector to say the least

This is exactly why you are not supposed to plug laser printers into line conditioners or UPS battery backups. If your sub is that much of a beast, then yes - you should apply the same logic.

• 3 weeks later...

From my Bio:

Rotel RSP-1068 pre/pro and Denon 2910 DVD powered through a Brickwall PW8R15AUD.
Panasonic RP LCD TV powered through an APC UPS and then into same Brickwall PW8R15AUD.
Comcast DVR powered through same APC UPS. Incoming Comcast Cable also run through same APC UPS

Rotel RMB-1095 amp and Velodyne DD-18 powered through a seperate Brickwall PW2R20.

Both Brickwalls connected to a dedicated 20 amp / dedicated ground circuit.

From my Bio:

Rotel RSP-1068 pre/pro and Denon 2910 DVD powered through a Brickwall PW8R15AUD.

Panasonic RP LCD TV powered through an APC UPS and then into same Brickwall PW8R15AUD.

Comcast DVR powered through same APC UPS. Incoming Comcast Cable also run through same APC UPS

Rotel RMB-1095 amp and Velodyne DD-18 powered through a seperate Brickwall PW2R20.

20 amps??? Dude.....that's child play. My old HT room had a dedicated 30 amp service. [;)] [:)]

Tom

From my Bio:

20 amps??? Dude.....that's child play. My old HT room had a dedicated 30 amp service. [;)] [:)]

Tom

Tom

I know, I feel inadequate.

I'm thinking about calling in the electrician to vent my frustration.

Then I can drop in a Stones DVD and play "You Can't Always Get What You Want" until I blow a 50 amp fuse.

- Jim