Know any good jokes?

bhenry

A very old church social joke:

A kid comes home from Sunday school, and his father asks him what he learned.

"I learned Jesus was a Democrat!" the boy announces.

"How do you figure that?" his bemused patriarch wonders.

"Well, the teacher said Jesus ate with Republicans and sinners!"

• Moderators

A game warden stopped an old Cajun and asked to see his hunting license and noticed he had his limit of ducks but he did not have a gun. He asked the old Cajun how did you get these ducks, the old Cajun replied when they fly buy I just jump out of the duck blind and make an ugly face at them and they just drop dead !

The game warden didn't belive him so he said lets go to the blind and you can show me. Sure enough after they sat a while some ducks flew over and the old Cajun jumped up and made a ugly face and the ducks just fell out of the sky dead !

When they got back to land the game warden said I have never seen anything like that in my life ! The old Cajun said my wife is much better than me ! The game warden said why don't you bring her with you to hunt ?

The old Cajun said no way, she bust'em up to bad ! [:|]

A game warden stopped an old Cajun and asked to see his hunting license and noticed he had his limit of ducks but he did not have a gun. He asked the old Cajun how did you get these ducks, the old Cajun replied when they fly buy I just jump out of the duck blind and make an ugly face at them and they just drop dead !

The game warden didn't belive him so he said lets go to the blind and you can show me. Sure enough after they sat a while some ducks flew over and the old Cajun jumped up and made a ugly face and the ducks just fell out of the sky dead !

When they got back to land the game warden said I have never seen anything like that in my life ! The old Cajun said my wife is much better than me ! The game warden said why don't you bring her with you to hunt ?

The old Cajun said no way, she bust'em up to bad ! [:|]

Thanks for that one, Dtel...I seem to remember Justin Wilson telling that one years ago on his cooking show.

Here's another Justin joke:

A guy comes in off the oil rigs and goes to the barbershop. He says, "Shoot de works!"

So he's geting a haircut, shave and a manicure. He starts to make time with the pretty manicurist. She smiles but is coy.

" Girl, I got a lil' cabin near Bay San' Loois where de moon shine so bright on de water"

She says, "Dat's nice"

He continues to chat her up, but she is not really interested.

"Sorry babe, but I got a husband, and he don't like other men sayin' sweet nuthins to me""

"You gotta husband, well dat's don't mean nuthin' to me. Where you husband now?"

"Dat's de man fixin' to shave your neck with dat straight razor!" [:o]

I heard Archie Bunker tell this one in a rerun (duh) of All In The Family:

A
priest and a rabbi were having lunch together. The priest asks
the rabbi, "Hey, how come you don't eat ham?" The rabbi replies,
"It's against my religion. Why don't you go out with
girls?" The priest answers, "It's against my religion." The rabbi leans over and says, "You should try it! It's better than ham!"

As told in a recent Neil Steinberg column:

A woman saw her husband crashing around the living room, flailing away with a fly swatter.

"Dija get any flies, Wyatt Earp?" she said, with asperity.

The husband looked at her for a long moment.

"Yes I did," he said. "Three males and two females."

"How," retorted the wife, "could you tell?"

"Three were on a beer can and two were on the phone."

Q: How do you make a drummer play quietly??????????

A: Stick a sheet of music in front of him.

Q: What's the difference between a jet airplane and an electric guitar?

A: About three decibels.

Q: What do you do if you see a bleeding banjo player running around in your back yard?

A: Stop laughing and shoot again.

Q: How do you get a drummer off of your porch?

A: Pay him for the pizza.

Q: How did the drummer make his car go faster?

A: He reduced the wind drag by removing the Domino's Pizza sign off the roof.

Q: How does one guitar player greet another?

A: "Hi. I'm better than you."

Q: You're in a motel room with an underage girl at 4AM and you hear a loud knocking on the door, is it her father?

A: The knocking speeds up (it's just the drummer).

From Prarie Home Companion:

An accordian player, with his accordian in the back seat of his car, stops at a rest stop on the highway. When he comes back to his car, his worst fears have been realized: Someone has smashed his car window and left another accortdian beside his.

Paul was quoted in Rolling Stone as telling this one:

An Aggie* decides to get a summer job as a lumberjack. The boss hands him a chain saw and tells him to cut a certain quota of wood. At day's end, the Aggie comes back, exhausted but having cut his quota. The boss takes the chain saw, looks at it, and yanks the starter rope. "What's that noise?" shrieks the Aggie.

*student at an A&M college. This term is passing out of public use now.